New water in .20?

BlazingAngel665

Watch C7's video here and see if you agree? Could this mean actual water physics that allow submarines and make water landings more survivable than those on land?

Notice the apparent new texture and how it appears in a more spidery type way rather than a series of lines. Thoughts?

Video

I think the thing that changed is the seabed, not the water :P

Yes. Water hasn't been touched, it's just the seabed texture being slightly different near KSC (some rocky surfaces near the steep parts). Not sure how you can get "water physics implemented" out of "extremely minor texture change"

I just hope it fixes the choking lag the current tile system causes...

EDIT - I play the game on lowest settings, but I'm fairly sure the mountains at the end look different, too. I think the water is just slightly more transparent and the rocks a slightly more rocky.

Edited by Boex

The terrain now properly supports normalmapping. But that's a tale for a whole other dev blog. :)

Cheers

source

If they are working on the terrain, that's a good thing to me. With the memory optimizations out of the way, it's not unreasonable to think they'll work on beautification.

Edited by Hyomoto

That would have been a nasty neck breaking landing. So Kerbal. I think it should be mandatory for video posts of Kerbal Space Program to have warnings attached. "DO NOT TRY THIS IRL" Surely SQUAD has some sort of duty of care responsibility. :wink:

I think it should be mandatory for video posts of Kerbal Space Program to have warnings attached. "DO NOT TRY THIS IRL" Surely SQUAD has some sort of duty of care responsibility. :wink:

Its a shame that there actually might be people who are crazy enough to do that. :sticktongue:

Am I the only one who thinks the 1-seat lander can is too big and wide?

I was expecting it to be resized, coming from KSPX to stock parts.

but maybe Harv was just flying a mod plane.

It's big because there's the window that looks down and so that there is some room for storing stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.