Apollo Mission Pack Development (Beta version released!)

I hate to be a pain but is there any chance you could post the link to the Beta pack on the OP or is it on request only?

I went to the OP to confirm that there was a link to the spaceport page there, and it took me a minute to locate it, so I've edited to make it a little more prominent

I went to the OP to confirm that there was a link to the spaceport page there, and it took me a minute to locate it, so I've edited to make it a little more prominent

It's not blue, that's why I missed it, but thanks for pointing that out ;)

Well now that I know that it was my piloting skills that lead to the wobble I must say its a great rocket! I have just one last question, is the tan color on the LM the permanet color?

Nope. I just haven't gotten around to texturing the LM parts yet. I still need to finish the LES, SPS, and the LMA, before I even think about doing the LM. Unfortunately, I still have pink eye, so I won't be doing anything for a few days yet. I might be able to hop back into it on Monday, but only time will tell.

3x2.3x1.1 (all in meters, length, width, height). It has a 3-part chassis hinged in the middle, so it could fold up to much smaller size, though.

Of course, those are the dimensions for the real-world vehicle. The parts in this pack are approximately 2/3 scale, so if you make something that's roughly 2m x 1.5m x 0.75m, that should fit nicely on the LM.

You do great work, Bobcat. If you want to tackle the LRV, I would be thrilled to have it as part of this pack. If we can avoid using plugins, so much the better. I want to try to keep things as simple as possible.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Cheers!

A19800081000cp01.JPG

I'd say he nailed it, actually.

How about we just let him work without bombarding him with new requests? This is the best Saturn V mod, ever. We don't want to bother the makers so much that they stop working on it because the community's ungrateful for the work they've already done.

I was trying ot lend a suggestion to the topic, ruthermore, the RCS there is the SM RCS, which is great. I was talking about the black circles which are supposed to be RCS ports on the CM.

im test more KSP thing and i thin i can make full working LRV to this project (plugins free). But in need know dimension LRV place.

Nah I was kidding BobCat, you're working on what, 4 or 5 mods? There's no need to add another on top.

Let BobCat help if he wants too! :D

There's no need for him to bite off more than he can chew. I'm not saying he can't handle it, just that he's got an awful lot of other things to do, that are just as important as this mod. I wouldn't want to take him away from those, especially since I use most of them. :P

That does look awesome Bobcat. I'm amazed you were able to get that far in just a few hours. If I were to do it, it would take weeks probably, and look not even half as good.

I would love to include it in the pack if you'd still be interested in letting us use it. PM me if you want. Thanks!

Razorcane

Sure, not problem.

I just wanted to help. (Before im write first question in this thread im have working LRV)

Now I just include LRV to American pack.

0f0901f3a09408488866ea253efa37d2.png

edc478ae36f4021b8b300b6c34faac53.png

3d034be6136e09dcadc3dbfb555b2584.png

no any problem here.

That's awesome. Like I said, I don't care if you want to help. By all means do. I was just saying people should stop crying out for it in case you can't. That also looks amazing, but I'm pretty sure the entire vehicle has to unfold, including the seats and all the other instruments on the vehicle. It would need an attachment node that attached it to the LM as well, but I imagine that's not too hard. Perhaps it could be like those place anywhere objects, or whatever they are called.

Has anyone else had a problem where there are no stages to go through when trying to fly Apollo_Saturn.craft? When I open it in the VAB there are stages, but there are none once I'm on the launch pad, and hitting space just makes a click noise. There are stages when I try to fly Saturn V.craft, but that's missing a few components (little details like CSM/LM :P). I'm running the current Steam version of the game (v0.20.2.186) with no mods/plugins installed.

Has anyone else had a problem where there are no stages to go through when trying to fly Apollo_Saturn.craft? When I open it in the VAB there are stages, but there are none once I'm on the launch pad, and hitting space just makes a click noise. There are stages when I try to fly Saturn V.craft, but that's missing a few components (little details like CSM/LM :P). I'm running the current Steam version of the game (v0.20.2.186) with no mods/plugins installed.

Well to be fair, the Saturn V and Apollo are two different crafts. The Saturn V was just the launcher used to get the Apollo spacecraft into orbit. The actual Apollo craft only consists of the the CSM/LM.

My intent was to say "missing a few components [that I want to fly]," not "missing a few components [that make it not actually a Saturn V]." It's all very well done and accurate, but I just need to know if I should try and set up the staging myself or if I am doing something wrong.

I had the same problem because I didn't copy the ApolloMissionPack folder to Gamedata. After I did that I didn't have any problems. Btw I use the same version as you. I hope I could help. :)

Edited by Reddragon

I had the same problem because I didn't copy the ApolloMissionPack folder to Gamedata. After I did that I didn't have any problems. Btw I use the same version as you. I hope I could help. :)

Wilywampa, please let us know if you had the parts in the old /KSP/Parts/ folder, and if moving it into /KSP/GameData/ fixed the problem as Reddragon suggests.

I'll look into it and try things both ways. It seems strange that having it in the legacy folder would allow everything to work except for the staging (and that only in the flight scene), but I'll look into it. Please keep me posted. Thanks

This is correct. I had just extracted the Flags/Parts/Ships/etc. directories into the root Kerbal Space Program directory. I deleted all of that and extracted ApolloMissionPack into GameData, and that has solved the problem, except it needed one extra step. I couldn't find a way to select the .craft files in-game without moving them into KSP/Ships/VAB instead of KSP/GameData/ApolloMissionPack/Ships/VAB.

This is correct. I had just extracted the Flags/Parts/Ships/etc. directories into the root Kerbal Space Program directory. I deleted all of that and extracted ApolloMissionPack into GameData, and that has solved the problem, except it needed one extra step. I couldn't find a way to select the .craft files in-game without moving them into KSP/Ships/VAB instead of KSP/GameData/ApolloMissionPack/Ships/VAB.

Yes, unfortunately the game does not look for .craft files inside the /GameData/ folder, so they have to be moved to the correct place by hand. I'm hoping that in the future, they will add a function that detects .crafts within the new folder system, as it would make sense to have everything that goes with a pack be in the same place.

Glad you were able to get it working. Happy flying! Let us know what you think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.