What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Not exactly 'today' though. Yesterday I was a little feverish and decided to get the dumbest and largest mun base. So I made one and cheated its way to orbit (the landing was all mine though). This is it:

iggPAIzjCj0e6.png

It has a garage, which connects to the top floor by a tunnel

iJysyz4X9z2NU.png

ibcukKHZFGQAsp.png

iEnEIGOcEVZtf.png

Not exactly 'today' though. Yesterday I was a little feverish and decided to get the dumbest and largest mun base. So I made one and cheated its way to orbit (the landing was all mine though). This is it:

http://i.minus.com/iggPAIzjCj0e6.png

It has a garage, which connects to the top floor by a tunnel

http://i.minus.com/iJysyz4X9z2NU.png

http://i.minus.com/ibcukKHZFGQAsp.png

http://i.minus.com/iEnEIGOcEVZtf.png

That reminds me of the Jawa sandcrawler from Star Wars..... Kudos!

That's gorgeous, what mods did you use?

Battery indicator started showing on my Graphing calculator display. Thought i might as well get a backup done as i didn't have AAA batteries handy. Got most of it done, calculator ran out of juice, went to get the right batteries before the lithium cell could run out (almost at its max age...) to finally finish the thing.

Today was filled with disaster. After completing my 3rd Mustang class, the "Coral Sea", I took it to the Mun to start a mapping and science mission. Everything was going great up until capture burn at Mun, 3 out of 4 LV-N's overheated and exploded. Now only the equator will be getting mapped. Inclination change burn time would have been too long. Tried to transmit some science but no comm device. After the 2 failures I should have called it a day but decided it was time to press with the first landing. I really should have called it a day, the lander crashed into a mountain killing the crew. The first, and hopefully last, 2 killed this save.

A whole lot of fail today. Built a new ship for going from my LKO Station to the Mun. It's a two-stager, with the lander designed to undock, land, return to orbit, and redock with the transfer stage.

ExEnNDE.png

Transfer works very well, with plenty of Delta-V to get to the Mun and back.

But the small radial engines I used for the lander don't seem to have enough thrust to efficiently land. On it's maiden voyage, I miscalculated my descent trajectory, and burned a whole bunch of fuel only to slam into the Mun's surface at 140 m/s. (R.I.P. Bill, my first Kerbal death). I'm going to have to redesign the lander with more powerful engines, which means more weight. Hopefully won't have to rework the transfer stage too.

During my initial test flight (from KSC to Station), I discovered that I had placed the telescoping docking port on backwards. With no way to Revert the flight, and no way to land back on Kerbin, I had to EVA my test pilot to the Station, and then deorbit the ship. Which gave me this neat picture:

3kQsX3O.png

Yeah I'd like to know which mod those clouds the rocket goes up through are from?

I got the point in my interstellar career game where I can start collecting Anti-Matter. . . . I won't have anything to DO with it for quite some time however.

7042A54C204E5D797C5428B6A060388CB1418E08

Jool-5 continues! Now that Tylo and Laythe were done, I continued on to Vall and Pol. Still have Bop to do, and fuel is getting "low", but I know my delta-V is still going to be pretty good once those last outboard engine sections are ditched.

On Pol, I landed next to a crash-landed probe ship I left there, ages ago.

KAS has been a useful mod, for strutting around docking ports.

KSP%202014-06-18%2018-50-20-69.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2018-55-48-66.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2019-01-25-77.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2019-07-34-20.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2019-12-15-96.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2019-37-59-85.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2021-26-02-80.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2021-41-31-88.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2021-41-52-98.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2022-06-00-70.jpg

KSP%202014-06-18%2022-11-04-57.jpg

Edited by NecroBones

I was nearly hit by my orbital stage. AGAIN. Time for some sort of garbage ship to destroy the debris.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/yRWRt/embed"></iframe>

Got the last two bits of my Jool Explorer ship into orbit, and the whole thing assembled. It has definitely suffered from scope creep, and I'm a bit worried now that I won't have enough dV to do what I want to do. I also did a preliminary test to see how stable it is under full acceleration, to determine whether or not I really need to add struts via KAS. The thing shook itself apart within about 30 seconds - even with KJR the small docking clamps (the only size I can currently access) just aren't rigid enough.

So tomorrow will probably be a tedious hour or so of EVA applying struts in orbit. Yay!

Very nice! What's it look like? Mine is only good for LKO missions unless I refuel it in orbit but it's got a little over 5000 DV with all the tanks topped off. Pretty useful bird once I got some of the bugs worked out, it's great for sending up SCANSats and adventurous Kerbals with little green deathwishes (you'll see in the video) or tracking down anomalies... That's my next goal, to build a new one capable of visiting Mun / Minmus with no refuel. I think I'll go try to land this one in the flats on Minmus just to see what I'm dealing with since I've never really done much with horizontal landings off Kerbin, unless you count my rocket rover / hopper (Mun) which was much smaller.

I didn't actually do the Mun flyby, I just did a "quick" test, bringing it to a stable orbit and burning till the fuel ran out. Since it was only a test, I didn't make screenshots. Nevertheless, today I slightly modified the design and did two Spaceplane flights with it. It's stock parts only, and I don't use FAR (yet).

<iframe class="imgur-album" src="http://imgur.com/a/9U3t1/embed" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="550"></iframe>

The first flight was planned to be a Minmus landing, yet I managed to obstruct the crew hatch with a thermometer, so the objective was changed and the mission ended doing both, a Minmus and a Mun flyby. Both moons were aligned in such a way, that both flybys and the final reentry could be done without burning any fuel, so there was still about 1000 dV left, which I had to burn in Kerbins atmosphere in order to get rid of the weight of the fuel, which would have made landing much more difficult.

<iframe class="imgur-album" src="http://imgur.com/a/hNuSQ/embed" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="550"></iframe>

The second mission also had the landing on Minmus as its objective, this time with a usable crew hatch. Nevertheless I messed up something and ended up with about 170 dV left in low minmus orbit, not enough to land or even think of returning to orbit from the surface. Luckily the moons were still aligned in such a way, that a gravity assist at the Mun was hard, but doable, and so also the second mission could safely return to Kerbin. I needed to load a quicksave which I made right before the burn though, since on my first attempt the fuel ran out about 20 m/s early, and the thrusters were misaligned so I didn't manage to finish the manoeuvre with thrusters only... The second attempt worked, since I found a slightly better angle, leaving a few droplets of fuel in the tanks. For this mission I also had to do the landing on Kerbin twice, since I descended too fast on the first attempt and crashed into the ground with 10 m/s vertical speed - what, together with that crafts weight is a too large momentum for the gears to withstand.

<iframe class="imgur-album" src="http://imgur.com/a/tuTGf/embed" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="550"></iframe>

If you are curious on how bad this thing flies, I uploaded the craft file to pastebin. You'll need action groups to fly it. Custom 1 are the solar panels, 2 are the rocket engines, 3 are the jet engines, and 4 are the intakes.

Thanks :) Most of these parts are from B9. It has a bunch of interesting things made specifically for bases, like railings, stairs, panels, and also things for big planes (that "garage" is a tail bay door for cargo planes).

Making a rover that fits inside that thing is a bit of a challenge, as most wheels can't climb the ramp.

CHIKAN 20 patch mission,, successfully launch to test mini "ENERGIA" rocket technologies reach to desired orbit placing a ISHKAY 29 capsule and ISKUN 50 block WISHKEY total 3ton in 72km Orbit with @Genemy in command.

The CHIKAN 20 series is a testbed of the "ENERGIA" rocket technologies to develop a big rocket to put larger payloads in space, for this time, the 4x external LOX boosters have landing legs like the Original ENERGIA rocket.

The Capsule and their Utlity module will serve as escape pod for a in construction SPACE SHELTER for MINMUS mission.

10494752_458256120943934_6135853433964285772_n.jpg10427686_458264330943113_3031753489925578573_n.jpg

2nd post for me today... I've edited my Peacock SSTO, and in theory it now should make it to Minmus and back, and bring an ion engine powered lander along. The virgin flight did not have enough fuel left in LKO due to a piloting error, but tomorrow a second attempt should be made, and this time hopefully be successful.

Finally got a large SSTO off the ground! After literal weeks of slinging stuff down the runway, hitting the lights or creating boats. I've finally had liftoff with a silly star destroyer design.

Thanks to Curzan for his tutorials, they really helped.

Captured another roid today an C class one. Made sure it had a nice stable orbit. But, it is a clockwise one. Which I'll need to change as it is nicer to have counter clockwise one. Brought my A class roid I capped yestarday to a stable 100 km circular orbit around Kerbin going counter-clockwise.

Today I redirected my first asteroid, for real, officially, in Career Mode! YAY~!

screen15.jpg

The mission was a success, despite the fact that I'd grossly miscalculated the mass of the rock (by a factor of about 10) and that I'd forgotten to launch into the plane of the asteroid, resulting in my arrival with only about 10% of the fuel I'd budgeted. However, I was still able to nudge it into a captured orbit, and Bob should still be able to make it home if he waits until apoapsis to deorbit himself. I hope... at least there's plenty of RCS fuel I can tap just in case.

P.S. The perspective is illusory; this is a Class C and ended up weighing about 180 tons.