What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

For the low, low price of 860,000 funds, I launched the Mastership 1!

431E544636CCCE10BED54597FE1E65FC44F25B32

Which, while practically insane and a waste of huge amounts of fuel, still got the important pieces to orbit.

6720906DBF6E4E6550DF58163E460AE065A8E1A6

Several burns and adjustments later, 125 tons of awesome slam into Jool's atmosphere.

7CFC4D4CD16EEB1EACBBAC545F82BAFE8262B95A

FEB8C380377CF5AD67C9EEFE7BD270107C3523C9

After a nice braking, the Mastership takes a few orbits before getting a nice intercept with Laythe. It's time to deploy the slave ships. Laythe Slave decouples, then comes around to the claw to be drained of fuel since it won't need much to get Laythe orbit and landing.

6724AE32213655FDACEDF5F630619F6A6EBDE041

The other detached ship, the Vall Slave, was SUPPOSED to go in a Jool orbit and stay there until later.... But it didn't. While moving the Mastership into Tylo orbit, Vall Slave hit some intercept which flung it on a 37-year trip out of the Kerbol system. Once the Mastership was parked around Tylo, the other slave ships were detached and sent to Pol and Bop.

34080ED8B6B6FE88567BF050B8EFAA61AA75FE0C

FAC8307825B520F61764B21E93DF9127B36C0856

It's about this time that the game went nuts and started eating my ships. The errant Vall Slave vanished after getting a hell kraken as I tried to switch to it, then the Mastership itself vanished from its orbit over Tylo... not sure what to do now.

Edited by Xacktar

I always find this kind of thread to be rather pointless.

Everyone just skips over everyone else's post, and then have their post ignored in turn.

Anyway, this thread has been going for over a year, isn't it time someone made something new?

I'm gonna go with 'no'.

I love reading this thread. It's a great place for both inspiration and awe. Just because people don't post with 'I read dat.' doesn't mean we aren't here enjoying the stories and pictures.

I'm gonna go with 'no'.

I love reading this thread. It's a great place for both inspiration and awe. Just because people don't post with 'I read dat.' doesn't mean we aren't here enjoying the stories and pictures.

This ^

I come here ALL THE TIME looking for ways to build a ship I think it impossible to build. Usually someone has already made it, or they have given me an idea on how to make mine.

I'm gonna go with 'no'.

I take a look at this thread almost every day to get new ideas or just to enjoy the awesome creations some players did, regardless if they are pictures or youtube movies or else.

And i post often here myself, even if i am getting no response. I bet some people enjoy my posts also, so i am totally with Xacktar here.

[edit] seems like i am not the only one feeling like this :)

Well after I killed Jeb in a freak mishap last night, today was spent getting more science points so I could unlock docking ports. My very first space station is now in orbit but lets be truthful its just a tank of gas with some docking ports at present hardly the ISS or would that be the KSS? :wink: I am doing this one by the book so I don't screw up (as in following the Scott Manley example). :D

I'm gonna go with 'no'.

Yep. I've posted in this thread only once or twice, but I'm subscribed to it and read it daily. Lots of interesting craft and missions, and not a lot of replies interfering with the real content. So keep posting your stuff, people, and don't feel ignored because no one replies.

Well, today I completed my first runthrough of First Contract.

2.1 human days.

71 contracts

15 launches. (yes, average of 5 contracts per launch!)

Funds remaining: 4.1 million.

Least rewarding contract: 41000 for exploring Jool

Most rewarding contract: 952000 for testing a SLS type engine on orbit kerbin. Good grief!!

Silliest contract: Testing ion drive while splashed down.

Also silliest contract: Testing launch escape system, at 17000m, at less than 120m/s

Also Also silliest contract: testing radial parachute, at 4500m, at 2500m/s. yes, 2500m/s, at 4500m altitude. And no testing by click-"run test". Must be staged!

Number of times I will replay First Contract mode: Nil.

Silliest contract: Testing ion drive while splashed down.
This is perfectly sensible. The Kerbal States' Navy was looking for a potential new ultra-stealthy way to propel its submarines so they can sneak past the Kerbiet defences if and when the call to nuke Moskow arrives.

I see you have a couple of mods. I guess the 64-bit binary is helpful?

I mostly tested parts for contracts.

Helpful is an understatement! :cool:

I wanted it mainly so that I can crank up the visuals and add more visual mods lol

KSP with quarter res just looked so dull with just city lights and clouds, adding the rest at high res and KSP became, in my eyes, a real space sim with great graphics and detailed ships.

No more blurrrrrrrrrrr!!! :sticktongue:

Just getting all the mods to work nicely together is a challange while every one is updating and bound to be more conflicts while we settle in over time.

Edited by Kamuchi

I did a career mode .24 mapping pass of Minmus, using Mun as a gravity assist, and returned with science to Kerbin, before having to use a non-heat shielded aerobrake manuever to land, since I A- forgot a heatshield, and B- misjudged my fuel levels... only managed to come in to ~49K on the first pass. But I did land, ~100 days later... with all my science intact. And a happy Jeb!

Attempted to make an upper stage deorbit itself when it lacked a probe core. I did this by gently throttling the engines, then quickly undocking the payload and having it RCS thrust to the side.

Unfortunately it didn't work out. The payload dragged on the rocket stage as it got clear, and in doing so it put a rotation on the spent stage. So instead of deorbiting it just did a few big lazy circles. I was glad it didn't hit either the payload or the ship I was docking to.

I created some Finally working Spaceplanes so i can launch payload to space whitout spinning out of control while i manage how to get stable rockets... Again...

NEAR is starting to offend the performance of my best launcher :C

Landed on Minmus for the first time. Jeb was really happy. This shot was taken just moments before I thought it would be a good idea to use RCS instead of running. Turns out its really easy to accelerate to quite a speed. Also turns out that if your kerbal bumps into the ground he lets go of the RCS controls and can't get hold of them again until he has stopped. Poor little guy bounced and tumbled at high speed for over a kilometer, and looked most unhappy before finally coming to rest. But he picked himself up and seemed no worse for wear. And I got him back home with a big haul of science, so all was good.

TN9tbjm.png

And another thing; see that ship in the background? Too tall. Fell over twice and I had to stand it up again with RCS. Wider base next time I think.

Landed on Minmus for the first time. Jeb was really happy. This shot was taken just moments before I thought it would be a good idea to use RCS instead of running. Turns out its really easy to accelerate to quite a speed. Also turns out that if your kerbal bumps into the ground he lets go of the RCS controls and can't get hold of them again until he has stopped. Poor little guy bounced and tumbled at high speed for over a kilometer, and looked most unhappy before finally coming to rest. But he picked himself up and seemed no worse for wear. And I got him back home with a big haul of science, so all was good.

http://i.imgur.com/TN9tbjm.png

And another thing; see that ship in the background? Too tall. Fell over twice and I had to stand it up again with RCS. Wider base next time I think.

My preferred type of lander uses either a tri or quad set of engines, each with their own fuel tanks mounted to one central tank with fuel lines running from it. From the central tank hangs the sci modules, and capsule, anything that will be left at the desitination I usually attach to the bottom of the capsule, so that it can be dropped once the lander is down, and if necessary the lander then lifts out of the way. For larger items that won't safely fit in the clearance the landing legs give, I have successfully mounted items to the top of the lander, detached them, and used RCS to get them off of there. Best advice I have is find what works best for you. Well, I'm off to send some probes off to Duna, or at least attempt to do so.

Wasted (it felt that way) a lot of time to get Kethane from Minmus to Kerbin - therefore I ruled: I have the infrastructure in place, I can rendezvous and dock reliably, high part counts will kill my performance and slow down my game, so as I have the Kethane in Kerbin orbit, I will just fill/empty the tanks of the ship/tanker via a savegame edit. :P

Today I will dock my Dune Lander to my Duna-Return vessel and speed up time to reach my interesting mission points.

I am somehow completely inept to built a simple atmospheric plane to visit Kerbin's anomalies/easter eggs - maybe I will pass on them to finally get to a new career in .24 after finishing my .23 missions and try again later, yes, that will do.

Started up the new career mode, accepted first launch contract, Jeb launches on a simple pod on SRB rocket. Forgot to manage staging so the parachute opened on launch, the rocket span out of control and Jeb was killed. This does not bode well for the new space agency. ... Completed the contract though