What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

They look like a whole bunch of big fangs. Eve monster comin'ta getcha!

Perfect since they also happen to spew fire, and the purple background goes nicely with the whole monster feel.

EDIT:

I have thought about making a craft with areospikes to land on Tylo, but I don't think it would work LOL.

Well, I mean their vacuum ISPs are as good as anything else non-nuclear, and they've got decent thrust too. No thrust vectoring, but adequate RCS can cover for that. If you happen to have a good way of flying an Eve lander out to Tylo, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Might be a little overkill, but I mean there's working and there's being efficient.

EDIT EDIT:

I'm dumb. Eve landers have PARACHUTES. :confused:

Aerospikes still could work for Tylo though.

Edited by GreeningGalaxy

Made a really really big strut.

http://i.imgur.com/fWkxcwg.jpg

"You call that a strut? This is a strut!...."

6ZbioOX.gif

Today, I found a flaw in my plans to aquatify my microver.

I can either invest in a much more complex system, or hope the kerbals land somewhere where a little swimming will suffice.

8kFmjp4.png

Either way, the mission planers are itching to get this ship under way.

rV4L59g.png

Building aCity based on Karbonite and B9 HX parts.

The Mun Pyramid:

YATQ038.png

The Munport(airports are mostly outside of towns because they forgot their RCS-thrusters):

r311cKN.png

4uCTNBU.png

Of course with Holiday-Landers to rent and escapepods if the things should decide to break apart(D.E.R.P. lifeboats at Kerdoz's ears):

PrSSd8i.png

It was a tough landing btw...

Today, I began assembling of Jool Transporter. I mean, transportes was built earlier as SSTO. But now I tried to load it with cargo... And this is hard and long procedure.

And it could be a wonderful gallery of epic screenshots... But that ugly bug with B9 messed everything up. When I opened my Screenshot folder, all I saw was that:

iw5N0xL.png

Every screenshot turned into that thing. =_=

All I can do - is try to describe my creation. It's made from B9 parts, with core of reactors, fuel tanks and engines and side sections of hollow HX modules. Inside hollow parts - MKS modules, struted and pipe linked to main craft. This is a tight fit btw, I barrely had place for kerbal to work (to strut stuff, pipe link them, etc)

Today I came to the realization that the current cocktail of mods I'm using (mostly Snacks, RemoteTech, and a severe cutting of science gains) means that I'm going to be sending a lot of snacks to Duna, when I instead had intended to send a probe.

I just simply can't get enough Kerbin SOI science to unlock dishes good enough to control a probe as far away as Duna.

- I have finished almost catastrophic mission to the Mun. Ship was just too badly designed and I had to cut the mission short. One of 7 Kerbals lost his life in that mission, but it brought back about 700 science.

- I have terminated Sun probe which was on the mission to gather near sun science. It ran out of fuel and periapsis was too high so I had no use of it anymore

- I have made a correction burn with my Moho probe which is now on its way to enter Moho's SOI and try to land on the surface

- I have launched core module of my new space station. It was first planed to build the station using KSO Phase 2 parts, but I run into memory problems so I had to delete KSO. Now I have unlocked Fustek parts in my tech tree so station will be built using them.

- I have started to build Duna probe. I usually tend to overdesign my probes which are in the end quite heavy, unstable and short on fuel. I will try to make this one as small as possible.

Since my KSP decided that docking needed to stop working forever in one Career, I started another one.

Experience helps. This guy nailed all of the initial contracts in one flight, then used the last of the fuel to de-orbit:

screenshot225.png

screenshot227.png

Then followed it with a successful Munar "landing" on the next ship, thanks to the Science! (i.e. the newbie-style "I stranded Jeb on the Mun" style lander):

screenshot228.png

Today I came to the realization that the current cocktail of mods I'm using (mostly Snacks, RemoteTech, and a severe cutting of science gains) means that I'm going to be sending a lot of snacks to Duna, when I instead had intended to send a probe.

I just simply can't get enough Kerbin SOI science to unlock dishes good enough to control a probe as far away as Duna.

I think the you might not be able to send anything back either, another limiting factor with not having the right dishes. I could be wrong on that though.

Launched some unmanned science landers to land on Vall and Tylo, the only bodies I have yet to land on. The Vall lander is unmodified from the design I used for all other landers (though the eve lander used a parachute and later launches had more science instruments on them as I researched them) while the Tylo lander has some extra engines on it to assist in landing. I will almost certainly need to calculate a suicide burn using "simulations" (read F5 and F9 ;) for my tylo lander, though the Vall lander should not be all that difficult to land.

Next up, possibly a space station around another body.

Got ready to do some more rock catching. I'd unlocked a fair chunk more of the tech tree since my first attempt, so I went ahead and updated my 'Tater Catcher 7 design. Got one in orbit ready to go when the time comes. Other than that it was more money making and science building - I'm 550 science away from Specialized Electrics at this point. Going to be nice to head towards Ike and Gilly with PB-NUKs, methinks.

I continued on the assembling of my spacedock around Minmus and launched a small mining ship to mine Karbonite on Minmus.

screenshot111.png

screenshot112.png

During the mining process I had a little fun with a kerbal.

screenshot113.png

I came back to the station with a tank full of karbonite and converted that to rocketparts.

screenshot115.png

Thing is, I don't know if I'm going to continue building the station, the thing is a lagfest with a little less than 200 parts. I know that the reason is part of my PC (that I have been using since version 0.8) but Unity and KSP has really problems handling these things. I just hope that some day something like this station (or anything with 200 parts) can load fast and not be a lagfest.

Did two fuel runs from my kethane base on the Mun to my fuel station orbiting the Mun. Upon returning from the second run I screwed up the landing and now the fuel ferry toppled over. Can't get it back up straight nor can I launch it without breaking it.

I have been thinking of making it better, as it takes way too many runs to fill my station after the tug/lander return from far away places, but to have it go out like this.... shame!

Maybe I can build some sort of crane to pull the fuel ferry back onto its feet. o.o anyone any ideas on how to do that? :P

Did two fuel runs from my kethane base on the Mun to my fuel station orbiting the Mun. Upon returning from the second run I screwed up the landing and now the fuel ferry toppled over. Can't get it back up straight nor can I launch it without breaking it.

I have been thinking of making it better, as it takes way too many runs to fill my station after the tug/lander return from far away places, but to have it go out like this.... shame!

Maybe I can build some sort of crane to pull the fuel ferry back onto its feet. o.o anyone any ideas on how to do that? :P

A probe with monoprop,rcs, and small LiF thrusters can do it if you can reach the port. If not you may have to klaw it.

Hi all,

Today, i play a long for finish strutting Kerbol Explorer, and send a rear adapter wiz some science stuff from KSPInterstellar than i miss, and kethane module. Kethane module is an experiment, as i try on a monopropellant engine delivering 280 trust, mix wiz 4 nuke, and 4 small fuel engines. Not sure at all it can orbit when fully load wiz kethane

While flying to KE, i cross Jeb's poopoo !!

AA231F060800DF1AE103A899A9BB1BEAD01787B7

Tug flipping rear adapter while kethane facility standby

F5F63DAE437D56BD17552A7CD801CB42EFCC334A

Bob EVA strutting

33178BCFF1FC7B7531F0F94555C590A27FF996F8

70EE85F38140B9B0EE6D05F57186B8615F92CD94

Struts !!

872D8849D70478850731601ABE3CB4C15375B47F

strutting both landers

52AB88364AD66BA79040779F87F15DD10BFA37CB

EVA results

11E843A5D99791512B1E1A3CABF13AF0FC6D05FF

Kerbol Explorer, wiz his kethan facility

47BAA5175701F6FD2DD91BA30E9746A423747873

"That is a gorgeous looking station. Tres belle, mon ami!"

Thank you man :D, not easy to be patient wiz that 1670 part ship, 5 fps...

Had some fun getting super sonic air effects:

B2ADC791E4EE8840C9AC62AE771B6B5A774857E2

Was amaized that I got such speeds on said craft.

Some time warp witch craft/non-witch craft: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/539626645480292717/2ADFD6473B6DC93E5BFF514232ADE05BE6A5F836/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/539626645480286346/B6A88C0F63F55D15684B8ABCB4C2826004FD18CB/

All the while as I wait for my refueler to catch up with one of my captured roids as well as waiting to capture another roid.

:blush: I... I made what might become my first KSP part today.

The textures are very WIP (I chose random colors to see if the UV worked. :P), and the model might will get more details in the near future, but I like where I'm going. Keep in mind that this is my first time applying an actual texture to a model.

cpzkQ7C.png

Would you use it? It is meant to be a Monoprop equivalent to the Rockomax 48-7S, with medium efficency and power. After refining the model/texture, I'll have to dive into the scary Unity & Config stuff, but this is enough for a day. :)

Hi all,

Today, i play a long for finish strutting Kerbol Explorer, and send a rear adapter wiz some science stuff from KSPInterstellar than i miss, and kethane module. Kethane module is an experiment, as i try on a monopropellant engine delivering 280 trust, mix wiz 4 nuke, and 4 small fuel engines. Not sure at all it can orbit when fully load wiz kethane

While flying to KE, i cross Jeb's poopoo !!

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26216287980255066/AA231F060800DF1AE103A899A9BB1BEAD01787B7/

Tug flipping rear adapter while kethane facility standby

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26216287980276066/F5F63DAE437D56BD17552A7CD801CB42EFCC334A/

Bob EVA strutting

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26216287980300329/33178BCFF1FC7B7531F0F94555C590A27FF996F8/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/26216287980342873/70EE85F38140B9B0EE6D05F57186B8615F92CD94/

Struts !!

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26216287980421454/872D8849D70478850731601ABE3CB4C15375B47F/

strutting both landers

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26216287980460607/52AB88364AD66BA79040779F87F15DD10BFA37CB/

EVA results

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26216287980480623/11E843A5D99791512B1E1A3CABF13AF0FC6D05FF/

Kerbol Explorer, wiz his kethan facility

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26216287980497891/47BAA5175701F6FD2DD91BA30E9746A423747873/

"That is a gorgeous looking station. Tres belle, mon ami!"

Thank you man :D, not easy to be patient wiz that 1670 part ship, 5 fps...

What's your frame rate inside that thing?

I haven't really played since .24 came out because, well, I got frustrated with the new career mode. It wasn't the game's fault though it was my fault for not fully understanding how contracts work, and trying to do a bunch of them at once. Well today I started a fresh stock career save and took it slow, and I've gotta say it's a little refreshing to start over from scratch after a couple months of break. After a while in a save I get to the point of "Hmm, what else can I do?" even though there are literally thousands of things I could do if I just had a better imagination. My rockets have looked pretty funky since this whole contracts thing, trying to do weird things while also advancing my scientific career. And it feels weird to build minimal like this. Anywho...

So I made this ugly thing and then promptly "crashed" it into the water, but my goo pods (the only thing I really cared about) survived.

KSP2014-09-1018-19-32-94.jpg~original

KSP2014-09-1018-27-25-41.jpg~original

Then I made this other ugly thing that surprisingly, actually worked. But I didn't get to do my last test (a decoupler) because I had a derp moment and the (fully fueled!) SRB I hauled to orbit for the relatively lucrative test got fired off while I was pointed prograde, and I ended up on an escape trajectory without enough fuel to stabilize orbit again.

KSP2014-09-1020-02-51-53.jpg~original

Then I took an orbital rescue mission (complete with probe core) but Jeb snuck onto the ship before launch and I didn't notice until the other dude was knocking on the airlock trying to get in. So, frustrated, I kicked Jeb out and deorbited with the poor stranded guy. Then I immediately sent up another ship (with a probe core and EMPTY cockpit), picked up Jeb, and headed to the Mun. Everything went better than expected since I was trying a relatively small build to get to Mun and back, and I was starting to get worried before I made the transfer burn. It was a very smooth landing and I think it will all work out alright but I am still a little concerned about return fuel. If I take off and go straight for a nice aerocapture maneuver at Kerbin I should be fine... I think. As I said, it has been a little while since I played and I don't have those handy dandy Delta-V calcs this time.

KSP2014-09-1023-14-09-04.jpg~original

:blush: I... I made what might become my first KSP part today.

The textures are very WIP (I chose random colors to see if the UV worked. :P), and the model might will get more details in the near future, but I like where I'm going. Keep in mind that this is my first time applying an actual texture to a model.

http://i.imgur.com/cpzkQ7C.png

Would you use it? It is meant to be a Monoprop equivalent to the Rockomax 48-7S, with medium efficency and power. After refining the model/texture, I'll have to dive into the scary Unity & Config stuff, but this is enough for a day. :)

Hey, congrats! Looks like it's off to a great start. :)