What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Brought everyone home in my .24 game.

Got a corrupt download file in the slow download yesterday.

Re-downloaded and watched KSP crash on start (fresh clean install).

Watched KSP crash on entering VAB after creating new sandbox game.

Crashed a rocket into the VAB (and repaired it) & crashed into the admin building... Awesome effects!... Then had weird visual anomalies in VAB then watched KSP crash.

Watched KSP hang with a black screen, and ended task after 10 minutes of no activity.

Watched KSP crash on start.

Went back to .24 to mess around before starting my loooong drive today to radiation treatment and other places.

I'll redownload .25 later after the rush to see if it works...

Waiting for my duna ship to get planetary alinement so I can rescue them... not enough fuel.

Also edited my duna like ship to have more fuel.

I made a plane that goes in the mk2 cargo bay then flew it...

I ha dot use emergency parachutes on plane testing because I cannot land a plane easily.

Downloaded 0.25 and started a new career, I've now unlocked about as much technology without leaving kerbin orbit as I had in my previous game after 3 or 4 probes each to Mun and Minimus.

Also built my most stable space plane yet... Using a BACC booster as the body for a test contact.

After months of pretty much only playing while recording, I sat down with a fresh copy of KSP and a save cranked up to super hard and just... played. No talking. No plans. Just played. I took contracts, got into orbit, marveled at the un-EVE'd ground textures and the cloudless skies. Ignored dV expectations and - in fact - pretended there were no mods at all.

Sure, not being alerted for new science was annoying. As was not having my ship's dV just there for me in the VAB. But it was also refreshing in a way.

Tomorrow I'll start installing mods. This weekend I'll start my plans for a big run in career mode. But today? Today I just played.

Free Return Trajectory for the first Mün fly-by in my new .25 save. It does help save a little bit of fuel. Then again, maybe I've burned more to set up in the first place.

IpUac4P.png

On a side note: the new administration staff would like to stress that the new luxury pool at the KSC (for administrative personel only!) is entirely unrelated to cuts in the rocket fuel budget.

Messed around with the new spaceplane parts, tried and confirmed some new ways to improve my spaceplane performance (aka how to abuse/optimise the airflow) and started a new career on medium difficulty.

Had to restart because of a gamebreaking bug though: if you have a kerbal go on EVA from a landed Mk 1 pod (the black apollo-like one) and drop him to the ground (spacebar), there's a good chance you might get a black screen, possible gamecrash and should you restart, a dead kerbal.

And because I absolutely do NOT want any kerbal fatalities in my program, I had to restart the career save. Thankfully I was only about half an hour or so in. Still, I'll be quicksaving at the start of every launch now, just in case.

After spending hours of playing around with DRE settings in sandbox, to get reentry more difficult, but not 100% deadly, I was finally starting my new career save on "hard" settings with DRE, FAR, TAC-LS (not fully 0.25 compatible yet...), RT, VOID, KIDS (set to FAR->Stock), pFairings, pWings, kOS, KAC, Final Frontier, RealChute, and probably some other addons I forgot about right now...

My first "ship" was composed of two head to head mounted Mk1 Pods. It was quite funny driving around in that reaction wheel powered beast at KSC to get some science in order to get started.

The second mission was already going to orbit. The craft survived reentry, but it was close. The whole heatshield had already melted away and the pods temperature was rising quickly...

That brought me back to sandbox mode, since I realised that if I only increased the weight of the reentry vehicle without increasing its drag at the same rate (possible, thanks to FAR), it would no longer survive. A quick test rocket with two joined Mk1 pods indeed made nice fireworks. So, now I'm going to tinker around with DRE settings again, in order to get reentry manageable also with slightly heavier crafts but not too easy. Of course I could also stack some heat shields and let them blow up one after the other, but as much as I like explosions, I'm not too motivated to bring several of those heavy discs...

In all honesty, a Covenant CCS-Class warship would glass KSC into a flattened wasteland, leaving nothing left standing at all.

Now I feel the itch to make a working Ventral Beam part mod....

Go for it...

Still not a lot of time to play last night; got the recompiled KAS installed and made sure to get the updated ModuleManager with it (which had the side effect of getting universal KER to work again). Farted around with a VTOL, still having issues there but I find that's mainly a lot of "not taking the time to read through the guides correctly" and "general stupidity on my part".

Still haven't blown up the KSC...I'm starting to feel left out. :(

2 days ago. Had the pefect launch to intrecept a Kerbal stranded in space. (Almost. Had to slow down a little to get it) As most of the time I would have to wait a few orbits before getting such an encounter. Dispite playing having racked up 1688+ hours and more to come. Also realised my pc can handle the game at max detail just fine. At least with my current part counts. Other then that getting used to designing space planes with the new parts and limited tech.

Just a little beauty shot: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/539629277657337685/98CA4799C0AF1BD886B0D9004D2E93922943C465/

And here is the one of some in game whales:

A444AA731649516832CE4AB0DA13D9A0597FEF82

Now now. Just use your imagination. =^.^=

Continued playing my 0.24 career, with some boring spaceplane flying to finish a contract from Fine Print. I also used the whack-a-kerbal option in the debug menu to destroy a microwave transmitter from my Space station so I don't loose my station if I choose to delete Interstellar (never used the microwave transmitter anyway).

When I was done flying, I had to land on a tiny island about 50 degrees latitude, and often I had to roll my plane to recharge my batteries due to the low angle of the sun. The island:

sMjM21r.png

I attempted to land a spaceplane on Duna next to my lander and accidentally hit it. I had used it to ferry my crew up from Kerbin to my Duna ship and decided to take it along as I had plenty of fuel and a spare docking port. Unfortunately I tried to land too close to the lander and misaimed. On the upside, the plane was unmanned and my crew on the ground were with the rover, so there were no fatalities. I'll have to add a rescue component to my next Duna mission.

Made an eve probe... not good enough for manned but the probe does have 4 command chairs. It could still do a suicidal mission no return but it is made to be able to do short sub orbital rcs hops.

Also almost done on a cargo plane used to deliver guess what??? Another plane that will be a scout on duna.

Edited by LABHOUSE

More on the Moth, fixing a rather large oversight I suddenly noticed (before launch). The dry CoM with cargo removed was quite a way behind the CoL, so I added 24 size 1 reaction wheels and an extra pair of wings to bring it a little in front. The pure torque should also assist, I hope. Flew it to orbit and rendezvoused with Hanwise, with more LFO left than I expected. I'll provide pictures when I go for the landings - the Mun ship got out of the cargo bay fine after Jeb transferred to it internally. It's got more fuel than one of my previous Mun ships, so I think it can do it.

I even did a couple of part tests on the way up.

Edited by Concentric
Name check