What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

About a week into the game, performed my first successful orbital rendezvous today. Yesterday I tried for hours to RV with a stranded Kerbal fruitlessly, then I discovered it might be due to his 8,800,000m Ap and 90,000m Pe orbit lol. Today started anew with a circular 200,000m orbit, pretty proud of performing my first docking and RV with two relatively large craft. I play pure vanilla.

My first Eve expedition ship that will send a probe down and return home.

In case this ship doesn't look like it's able to get to Eve (without landing) and back to Kerbin with full fuel tanks and seven poodle engines, now is the time to tell me. :blush:

2Wv2Jkm.jpg

Fuel tanker taking off.

ik29xTG.jpg

Docking & refueling

w3dlPLd.jpg

Q3VkIlw.jpg

Edited by ROXunreal

Also, what the HECK is a 'brazillian km'? How many 'brazillian' kilometers to a metric kilometer?
Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that three Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq. To everyone’s amazement, all of the colour drained from Bush’s face, then he collapsed onto his desk, head in hands, visibly shaken, almost whimpering. Finally, he composed himself and nervously asked Rumsfeld to explain “How many is a brazillion?â€Â….
Like a normal kilometer but trimmed I suppose.

Actually I like this answer better.

rofl2.gif~c200

While nothing like some of the others, creating ships to conquer the entire solar system and such, I've been making progress, slowly. I began my custom career mode two nights ago. (10% rewards, 1000% penalties, no starting cash, -1000 starting reputation, and running Remote Tech) Today I finished maxing out the starting tech tree (everything under 100 science), established a relay network of 3 satellites around both the Mun and Minmus, put several temperature scan satellites around the Mun, went positive on my reputation, upgraded "Mission Control", and haven't killed a Kerbal yet. Nothing major, but I'm happy to be making progress. :)

Used mechjeb to rendezvous with a shuttle. I tried rendezvous a bunch and failed so I'll leave that to the expert(s). So, I did my first docking today docking snacks storage and more kerbals inside the MK3 plane parts and refueled the spaceplane.

Sent some extra oxygen to my Tylo ship, I'd undersupplied it. Launched shortly after the Tylo ship had left Kerbin's SOI and caught it about 20 days later. Wasn't too hard to make the rendezvous, I guess I've had lots of practice with asteroids.

Now maybe before the end of this year I'll land the thing.

Used mechjeb to rendezvous with a shuttle. I tried rendezvous a bunch and failed so I'll leave that to the expert(s). So, I did my first docking today docking snacks storage and more kerbals inside the MK3 plane parts and refueled the spaceplane.

Theres a bit of a trick to efficient rendezvous with MechJeb. First, you want to be in a higher or lower orbit than your target, 25-50km difference is usually sufficient. First set up a Hohmann transfer, do that burn, then do a "fine tune closest approach," and finally "match velocities" at closest approach. Should get you within a couple hundred meters.

Rebuilt Das's Mk3 Penguin from ground up for perfection. Result a full size spine, added and repositioned ASAS, more fuel and battery capacity, minor cosmetic difference, more symmetry and struts, booster packs design retained, RCS system and landing module still under decision.

Test flight reached 100k LKO with 90t worth of cargo fuel. Using it to shoot back down to KSC annd.... missed. :D

Bi7nzYW.png

I continued my career mode Duna mission and landed on Duna and Ike. The payoff feels very high for such a simple mission, but maybe the prices of the tier-3 buildings justify such rewards.

duna_mission_3.jpeg

The buffed Mark 55 is quite convenient as a lander engine. I think I'm going to use it more in the future.

duna_mission_4.jpeg

I kind of expected to see the kerbals crushed by a rolling Duna.

I tried to get my Glada to actually bring a payload up into orbit, not very successfully, but it now has double the battery capacity and a barometer too, but at least its a lot more stable during ascent, so safer to use at least. Now to land then, hopefully closer to KSC this time.

aFkhtRd.jpg

2 Mun landings that bring remotetech satellites with it, 3 comsat's and 1 mapsat.

H7va25o.jpg

TMwDreY.jpg

RuB406l.jpg

GfQ25IO.jpg

E6YyO0X.jpg

NYXgqqP.jpg

p8vANZ3.jpg

H23a7g9.jpg

JWNwsxj.jpg

qeIDZQn.jpg

h8dGeaA.jpg

Here you can see the first landing after both lander's got to mun orbit and deployed sattellite's.

Edited by Kotijuusto