What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I've been playing with Nightingales Contract Configurator and Tattagries missio pack for SCANSat. I modified it slightly as its only a demonstrator for the idea.

I changed the orbit and added the nice orbit line, so recorded myself from start to finish accepting the contract and completing the contract!

Real time took about 22 minutes with a bunch of time acceleration (7 in game days). Cut down to just 3:19 for you folks. Sorry for no talking, I have no mic.

Continuing to design utility vehicles for my planned Laythe Colony.

I already have the science hub and a jet boat designed (posted here earlier), and am perfecting my "Laythe Heavy VTOL Lifter."

The idea for this Lifter is that it can ferry supplies in-atmosphere, which involves landing and taking off in water, (while carrying supplies on winches using KAS), with little to no effort.

Its layout is somewhat similar to this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kcaster/sets/72157606147721040/, but simplified to keep part count low.

I have a few pics, but I'm gonna put some finishing touches on it before posting :)

After that, I'm gonna try building a larger jet boat that lifts mostly out of the water while moving (hydroplaning ;) ), for use as a sort-of Sea Crane.

Edited by Slam_Jones

After nearly 127 day in orbit around Eve Bilner bids it farewell, in a shower of nuclear dust!

Bxg0suz.png

He will aerobrake around Kerbin at 22KM close to the same time as Jeb will be nearing Laythe in the Smig, where Jeb will be aerobraking there and attempt the first plane landing for me. I am sure this will end badly for some reason LOL.

I played KSP for 5 minutes, but then I decided that I needed to eat. Because food is important. Very important.

Bah food, much like sleep, is highly overrated. It is only needed when you either start seeing things that are not there or when you think you will pass out, usually the last one is hard to determine though. :sticktongue:

First Kerbal rescue from orbit in career mode, with my "FromOrbit Getter I" craft. I orbital RV'd a few times before, but this is the first time I rendezvoused with a LFO (living floating object).

pjgR55Z.jpg

Also a nice scene from my failed Mun mission.

r5AUwsk.jpg

Made a modded .90 setup and started playing around to test things, decided first to go big and make a Capital Ship or perhaps just a Battleship if I'm able to go bigger later.

sEYpe8Z.jpg

2GYclM2.jpg

So far it is just shy of fuel for it to be an SSTO but I am determined to get there.

EDIT: Made orbit! :-D SSTO official

4GUoolg.jpg

Edited by GeneralMDBK
Achieved Orbit

My Minmus base called MiniBase is nearing completion. I just need to send up a few more modules and it will be complete! I also sent 2 probes out to explore Duna and Eve and land on them. I'll orbit them and land on them some time tomorrow.

dvBA3B6.jpg

I went to the exact north pole of the Mun to deploy a science outpost. It's really weird looking up there. This is the precise pole:

nsiZ5bZ.jpgKUGIkDE.jpg

edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Parallax again.

Those walkers are so cool.

Edited by klesh

Landed a probe on Mun and rescued Jim Kerman - he thereby stole a few firsts (FF mod!) from Jeb, since Jim was responsible for developing EVA-suits suitable for vacuum EVAs. (/pun /roleplay)

Jeb took a small ship for a slingshot high above Mun and landed in the desert.

With enough money to upgrade the R&D, a 3-man-capsule and 2.5m boosters are now available and the Trio was able to establish orbit around Mun. They all got their EVA pins in various situations and will return after a few orbits - dV is tight, almost like I had luck ... ahm, calculated hard!

Next up: a probe to Minmus, a Mun landing is probable - and probes to Duna and Ike as soon as possible.

Planes: Still kerbing me in the kerb.

Tried to build a spaceplane for a double rescue mission on Minimus. (More like a collection mission, since they were left behind on purpose)

One from orbit, one from the surface.

4 Crashes and √100.000 later, I decided that spaceplanes aren't for today.

Took a seismic survey on Minimus to pay for an adjusted MinimusLander launch, and got everyone back home.

After that, I designed an Ike outpost on wheels, housing 9 & including a cupola, that should also fulfil the requirements for a station around Duna.

Should bag me a nice amount of cash. (√1.000.000 - √1.500.000)

Now I just have to find a way of getting it there, preferably one that doesn't involve dropping it from a great height...

Didn't have much time in KSP yesterday, but I did have enough to launch Pigeon 7, a five tonne, Basic Jet-powered survey plane to a couple of survey missions within 200 klicks of KSC (my first ever attempt to do anything operational at all with a Basic Jet engine that didn't involve VTOL). I can definitively say that the Basic Jet sucks. On the other hand, it did get the job done (just not as quickly as I would've preferred). Missions went reasonably well, though the landing was bumpy; already bouncy to begin with on account of the gear setup, Jeb clipped the portside wingtip on landing and from there it was a struggle to keep the thing from tipping over. I at least was able to hold it and get the rest of the plane on the ground intact.

Got a couple of issues to deal with in 0.90. RCS Build Aid appears to be completely non-functional; I plan to go back through the release notes to see if there was something I missed about the current version. And the old problem of slow performance when the terrain is in view has come back. I assume that has something to do with one of my settings somewhere and that it was something LOD had corrected pretty efficiently. Made the landing all the more tricky.

Finished my first space-station in my .90 save:

MotYiOh.png

Christened "Sion" it will serve as a refueling station for interplanetary ships. I also plan on using it as a waypoint from LKO to a Low-Munar-Orbit (LMO) station for spaceplanes.

The Sion is pictured here as its first crew arrives (for a 200 day term).

I designed and flew a plane! And NOBODY DIED.

For me, this is an accomplishment. Basic aircraft for getting survey contracts on Kerbin. Slight tendency to stall out occasionally, but that was corrected with either moar thrust and some creative flying, or when I got close to KSP, just using the emergency chutes for a water landing and a float into shore.