What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Designed a Planetary Insta-Network (Now with microlanders!) for use at Moho, Eve, Gilly(Gilly is too far from Eve to use the same antenna from Kerbin), or Duna/Ike. At my tech limits, I can't send it up fully fueled, so I have to refuel it on-site. It's using basic jet hybrid boosters provided by a friend

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Dock in the dark? ONLY A CRAZY PERSON DOES THAT!!

The cargo in this is a set of supplies, because the station was down to <1d left, along with the agri stuff to start recycling once the aeroponics module comes up in the next lift. But until that point, we have 100 days of supplies, yay! Along with a couple of lights the idiots at KSC forgot to mount. :)

(Is there a way to start an album link at a specific picture?)

Designed a Mk2 based SSTO. Launched first test. Minor design oversight: No tail fin (or similar) assembly. Still flew, but it was a little....slippery. Managed to land on the grass near KSC.

Corrected design oversight, launched second test. Plane wobbled into the runway almost immediately and everything exploded. Presumably a bug since I had literally just started rolling and shouldn't have had enough speed for the cockpit to explode. Five reverts later and simply deleting the landing gear and replacing it corrected this. Succesfully achieved 80k orbit and landed on KSC runway.

Will work on improving balance and fine tuning fuel load tonight.

Mainly flying around in my drone, both on stream and afterwards.

16260269487_a79f79f0fe_o.png

Despite lacking enough solars to run at anywhere near full throttle, the thing flies excellently. It's not fast, but it will climb to over 20,000 m and has no control problems. I've run a few temperature scanning missions with it, obtaining a bunch of science.

Still need to make a Kerballed one. That will be harder considering a cockpit alone weighs about twice what the whole drone does.

Click on "embed/ed"something on imgur and copy the URL, click picture in the options of the forums and insert only this (reply to my post to read the "source code".

DusCZpn.jpg

Yep worked was missing the *.jpg file extension. On my Imgur home page it says "Direct Link (email & IM)"

This is one of my ring stations, its not the final form, for that I used the SP2 parts and adapters to make the radials.

Mainly flying around in my drone, both on stream and afterwards.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/16260269487_a79f79f0fe_o.png

Despite lacking enough solars to run at anywhere near full throttle, the thing flies excellently. It's not fast, but it will climb to over 20,000 m and has no control problems. I've run a few temperature scanning missions with it, obtaining a bunch of science.

Still need to make a Kerballed one. That will be harder considering a cockpit alone weighs about twice what the whole drone does.

Put it on Eve.

Successfully flew my very first 0.20-ish style SSTO into orbit.

9dztTp8.png

Unfortunately, I ran out of fuel to deorbit, and it has no outside docking ports for refueling.

Fortunately it was unmanned and autonomous, so I'll just leave it there instead as a satellite :D

Building an STS in RSS. 3 letter acronyms FTW! Anyways, it uses 4 of the SRM's found on the Ariane 5. RS-25's on the orbiter, and the Aerojet OMS as found on the STS.

So far, the boosters collide into the wings, not destoying them but bouncing, after booster sep, the orbiter kinda loses control of the ET. Finish it tomorrow hopefully.

I took the afternoon off from work, and diligently tried to cram as much goofing off astrophysical research in as possible:D:

yVdkizf.jpg

Yet another restless night for Edmund, Edgas, & Billy-Bobrim. This is becoming a bit of a habit. Trying to sleep in 1/6th gravity in a tin can that now has an actual "floor," and limited space thereof, probably had something to do with it this time. Billy-Bobrim was actually quiet for once. They all hope this was the last "night" sleeping in the pod, and blearily get to work.

First on the list, Billy-Bobrim powers up the rover and backs the lift support trailer up to the downhill-most docking port of the base, while Edgas spots him:

xcirYQI.png

The rover is wide and ungainly, but after much backing and turning the docking clamps make contact and the LST is finally secured.

8G0qJhp.png

Edgas deploys the support struts from outside, then unhooks the rover.

dh3GtQA.png

Next up is getting the critical power generators online. The base has around eight hours of standby battery power available, not nearly enough for the long Münar night, so solar power isn't an option. The base will run on two clusters of RTGs. Here, Edgas locates a base pylon.

rwTQscG.png

Then Billy-Bobrim links it.

ahtaUSr.png

Followed by several hours of unpacking the individual RTG's from their KAS containers, and securing them to the pylon. It's boring work, and Billy-Bobrim's humming is gettin on Edgas's nerves.

eKGkniX.png

Once all 9 RTG's are installed, the two tiring Kerbals load KAS packs full of more parts to the rover.

eKGkniX.png

Then more setup. Even in the low gravity, moving the heavy parts around is difficult. The pair are nearing exhaustion. Edmund expresses his concern while he monitors them from the pod.

JpoABAQ.png

Finally the last connection is made, and Edgas & Billy-Bobrim can stand back and admire their work. Mission Control says all systems check out, but Edgas has noticed a problem.

EmFwPoe.png

This connection wasn't located well. It's a simple task, but more work to move it.

qruP8Jv.png

The main tasks are done. Edgas unpacks the comm dish and climbs the 15 meters to the top of the base to install and activate it.

TsFE3sN.png

He double checks the alignment and admires the view....

HYCA9EK.png

Zby0MHE.png

At last all is in readiness. Mission Control says all systems check out, so they give Edmund the go-ahead to power down Selena into hibernation, and join his team on the surface. His first steps onto the surface are somewhat less than graceful...

QB5algI.png

The crew pauses for publicity shots before the inaugural hatch opening.

2D2m3Yv.png

As Mission Commander, Edmund is first through the hatch. His head is still smarting from the tumble he took earlier.

PSBzaoF.png

Edgas & Billy-Bobrim follow behind, clean off their suits, then crawl into their new home. It's a lukewarm low-flow shower and proper beds tonight! They check and recheck the base systems, and bring the air & water recycling in the LST online. Even without recycling, they have 240 days of supplies on board, plus emergency extras in the lander and rover. Mission Control gives them a go for at least 230 days on the surface, pending funding for a resupply at the 200-day mark. With the cargo lander unable to return to orbit, that's no longer a given. Once they've had some time to settle in, one major planned goal remains: examination of the anomaly detected some ten kilometers away to the northeast. But that's a task for another day. For now, they're home.

Billy-Bobrim is still humming.

How does one get the mirrored visors? I'm guessing TextureReplacer, but what then?

Download the Pimp My Kerbals pack.

So I went to Duna tonight and decided I should land on Ike too, since the main engine core had so much juice left over after delivering the duna lander. Plenty of fuel, TWR plenty high enough in Ikes gravity, engines situated nicely to land on. Everything was in order but the pilot.

I6Gn9Cv.jpg

I really enjoyed watching this fuel tank roll slowly down the gentle slope.

11cK61Z.jpg

Edited by Randazzo

I played around with a sky boat.

UH4udjs.png

♫ Speed, bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing, over the sea to skye...♪

It stalled and crashed a lot. One time, it left an interesting wreck in the water:

uktB72A.png

I wanted to go check it out, but my Laythe aquatic vehicle kept collapsing on load. So I made a new boat.

t022mYS.png

However, turns out it was more of a U-boat, it had a tendency to travel downwards if you lowered the nose enough.

MiIKIts.png

I mucked around for a bit, made some observations, then went back to the sky boat.

cd2Qp3g.png

Still have yet to land it successfully.

9D0LsGB.png

(BTW, that thing is flying with FAR.)

I took the afternoon off from work, and diligently tried to cram as much goofing off astrophysical research in as possible:D:

That's a nice little base you've got going there. I like the bush like RTG assembly.

Edited by Tw1

Spaaaaccceeeeee. Spaaaaaaaacceceeee

Today, Jenzor Kerman and Kasper Kerman went to space in my very first designed and flown SSTO. Ground Control is currently debating to risk a shot for Kosmos 557, our orbital refuelling station in a 250km orbit, or to try and go home.

and ​I'm rather very proud.

The Flailbed (A play on Fishbed.)

I spent the day deorbiting old stations. Also had an oppurtunity to test RoverDude's DERP escape pods and deadly re-entry. I took down two from LKO with a drone that attached with a claw and then used an SRB to deorbit. I took down a Minmus station with its tug.

Tried to give myself a challenge.

In specifics, gave myself a challenge to haul the biggest, full, Kerbodyne tank, and not use any fuel with it into Low Kerbin Orbit.

Oh, and do it without any Rockomax or Kerbodyne parts for the lifter. (And no jets, so basically just the 1.25 radial size parts)

Took like 3 hours (most of that was waiting because 400 parts brings my laptop to it's knees), but I finally did it! \o/

slasLMg.jpg

0kBwluK.png