What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

If you think I flew that in FAR, you're crazier than I am for even trying it in stock :D

And trust me I've got simple down pat. Every single thing on the plane is necessary just to fly and yes, col is behind com.

I just need to watch and read a dozen tutorials and find out exactly what I'm doing wrong. Because whatever it is, I've been doing it wrong since the very first time I ever installed FAR.

Keep at it. I've not been playing with FAR for long but I'm getting decent at subsonic planes now.

IIRC this is the Scott Manley episode I watched when he talked about FAR:

Since my VTOL engine scheme was FUBAR, I have to try and land the old fashioned way.
One of these things is not like the other ones, one of these things just doesn't belong

I've been messing around with planes in my current test save for Horrible Nerf (HorribleNerf-Test3) - and I deleted FAR's engine nerfs for stuffs and giggles. It's kinda funny going suborbital on basic jets.

I also picked up a "pressure readings from the surface of kerbin" (well a mix of flying and surface readings), where two of the readings were on the surface of the water. That was.. problematic, so I built a probe-dropping bomber using SmartTools components (originally it just relied on decoupler force to shoot the drone out of the bay but that made me go 'meh' and exploded the drone in one of the eight test drops). It circles around the little tiny physics bubble as the bomb sensor drone floats downwards.

One funny thing about the bomber is that it's only air intake is inside the bomb bay.... #whatcouldpossiblygowrong

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The survey plane is a very plain (heh, sorry) design, but it flies amazingly well despite being basically carelessly slapped together out of the first aero node's components (and later upgraded). It's oriented towards low speed landings, and is capable of landing on rough terrain, like highlands or bumpy grasslands. It can even land on the tier 1 runway half the time!

Sent a crew to the Mun to repair a rover with a damaged wheel. Apparently I should've somehow known you need level 3 engineers to fix wheels... Used the excess fuell to fly to another biome to at least bring home some science and take some press pictures. At least a 'plant a flag' contract funded the mission, I'm just slightly annoyed that I'm still stuck with the 'take a temperature scan at position blabla on the mun' that the rover was supposed to do. I'm probably going to have to upgrade my admin centre now to keep things going, I'm still rolling with the 2 contract limit.

2015-02-10_00014_zps5ec263b5.jpg

Edited by ColourOfFire

Shadows of the Kraken, chapter 4.

"Edgas watched the rover trundle off past the perimeter of the base from the only window on the ops deck, its wheels throwing up little puffs of Mündust as it went."

UZZqWvU.png

"He watched as the rover shambled off across the grayness, monitoring telemetry from his tablet."

1vozCQh.png

"The rover bounced and tossed its way up the crater wall. Edmund was beginning to regret his decision to make the entire trip in the outside observer's seat. The rover's suspension wasn't as effective so far from its center, and each jolt felt like it was going right up his spine. When he wasn't simply getting tossed around like a rag doll."

HnrZN1r.png

The rover was just about to crest the lip of the crater when Edgas crackled over the comm link, "Hounddog, Jailhouse, hold position please."

11ebdRe.png

"Ed I...I can see something."

I46dsaE.png

"What do you think it is, Ed?" Asked Billy.

"I don't know, son. I do not know."

"I'm afraid..."

nQJWchp.png?1

"Billy?" Uncertain.

"B...Billy?" Trembling.

"Billy?" Pleading.

KA1DRlW.png?1

I built a base on Minmus this morning...

Steam Upload

Looks nice!

I sent this overbuilt apollo style rocket to perform several contracts on 8 different locations on Minmus. Wasn't as overbuilt as I expected, needed RCS to get the lander back into a full orbit. Made a little short of a million funds in one launch though. Now I have the funds to do some of the silly stuff I want to do myself.

screenshot7_zps3f82813c.png

I'm at 650 hours and these are my first space planes.

AB893C5CBB8BBE7E5799756EB2C925F0C5CACD3F

BDA93E68986AEB706A511C52D01F7C2400161C72

5F37AA41A1C84399DA3688B6916D672CF72E56E2

A313D50B5465E6B145C72EBAC2CC4B1F0D8DD828

- - - Updated - - -

More planes. Variations of this model actually completed the rescue mission from a 450k x 100k orbit I had 8 Kerbs trapped in....

2F9DE2737BC4AC8EA275A79D4561D3CB38DF28B4

4600CC85EF0F9BAFCDAB3DD74938BB9422944F48

9CCD2916F393FE6444901D96D67AC86745E8FA9F

0E4510E9221D739E7AB5DDFA1831700DFFCA9B94

73FAB735FFF84C0E231976918DD002E876555D0F

5B1148056E7CF27DE39CCE7B23F9A735A3A607F7

1149040172FBCFD702C44AE07F943814099F4503

B41840E28ED31F346223F8469382E0A539665D71

E1190AA09CC628607DA4FE4F04C2A29BC58FA970

ECB8EB848B1F0B75EC981ED63A9C97D55FC3E17A

This is the one that completed the mission.

D646010D2E5E7FD9A71E9151B00729D4C478292C

088C0D5AE3C673F86A4174FC1DAF40D7208BC9F8

110BD37C4F27B1485DF1DDFB41C266CAD756ECDD

Knocked 2 engines off when landing.

65309C233CC9449AD1B9EFBD53A28F98FE7C60C1

Got a ship eaten by the Kraken. There were 5 rookies on board. 2 disappeared in the blast, other 3 survived... but the pod lost the chutes and was on suborbital trajectory. They had to jump out and stabilize orbits with their jetpacks (took about 90% of the pack).

What to do now? Sending up the same craft with 2 more rookies to pick these three and then fulfill the mission.

The mission? Rookie training combined with Minmus outpost contract.

Strangest part: the smart guys died and the stupid survived. Now I'm suspecting that somebody was carrying unplanned experiments...

I FINALLY....FINALLY landed on Eve with no issues. I sent 3 ships, one I returned to Kerbin when it became clear I was NOT going to reach EVE (even with Mechjeb), and now it's a station (which almost destroyed my refueling station, oops). The second one I forgot about after the initial burn (a probe), so I repurposed it and put it into orbit around Duna before trying to land it...disastrously.

Third time is the charm. Landing was a bit too hard, but Kerbals alive and happy.

Finally_zpsbd9c2680.jpg

The all-new STS-4 Space Shuttle Intrepid undergoing a dress rehearsal docking with Spacedock (SSI HQ) in preparation for a video. All development and testing is done. Now its time for a video. STS-4 will be released and all existing modules updated when filming is done and the video is published. :D My best shuttle yet. Here's a sneak peak:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Got this contract to send a probe to do amospheric scans on Laythe in some specific spot.

Landed the craft because parachute.

Admired the sunset (or sunrise?)

Panned the camera to the left

awesome

That is very awesome! I have yet to spend any time on Laythe. My Eve mission is about to get started though! I'm excited for that.

Jeb's Eve Exploration Plane!

Thought I'd try to build an actual orbiter, Buran-style. Still needs some tweaking (and RCS, lol), but I got it to orbit on the first try.

I keep falling back to the RD-171, think I might be addicted...

giVeZEe.jpg

@Regolith: That's awesome! Did that thing stay remotely stable during the drive? Best looking unicycle I've seen in a while. :P

As for what I did today, well nothing yet. Planning on flying a second ScanSAT vessel to my tug parked in LKO. Hoping I can manage to stick it on there somehow, as it'd increase my chances of fully mapping Jool and it's moons in one run. And, well, it'll save me a trip going back with another satellite.

I've been absolutely hemorrhaging funds though, I might need to find some contracts to complete before I get stuck. I think I'm below 600k now. O.O (with an average launch cost of like.. 250k.)