What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Reviewing old planes from old days and discovered a lot of initial insights were valid after all.

An old workhorse is put to work.

HyijPFe.jpg

Rebuilt a jool dropship for later use. Not a true ssto but then again it was never meant to be one. And forget heat and aerodynamics.... Brute Force, it was good enough for your daddy and its good enough for you.PPByhpY.jpg

zTUHm40.png

tRksLhd.png

Edited by sumrex

Fiddle around and made Mk3 SSTO spaceplane 'Behemoth', carry an orange tank as demo payload. However critical failure at redeploy landing gear upon approach KSC.. thing clipped so bad it just thorn all the side engines off and for some reason with everything else as well, test flight complete failure.

Thus, this thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/118197-New-landing-gear-needed

ZGfV6Mb.jpg

Lj30jcC.png

9AgbtWT.png

x0F9OTw.png

Nothing fancy here, playing a vanilla science game. So far, so good... but very wobbly rockets... SAS likes to fight itself. :/

So far, I've sent manned probes (orbited only) for science to Mun and Minmus, and unmanned probes (two of them) to Duna. Took pictures, but haven't uploaded them yet.

At least I still have Jeb, Bob, Bill, and Val still, plus a load of new faces put to work as well. :)

Decided to try my hand at launching a 0.23 Geschosskopf science bomb lander in 1.0, using Procedural Fairings to cover the payload. CoM on the launcher went a little too far aft in flight and those little AV-R8s didn't cut it as far as keeping the correct end of the rocket pointed towards space. Did not go to space today.

Did make one addition to the usual sci-lander design - an extra-large heat shield. I wanted to see A) how much it would cut into the design's delta-V and B) if it would really guard all the little dangly science bits or not. Since I didn't even make it into space, I didn't get either question answered. The plan is to re-design the launcher tonight, so maybe I'll have better luck then.

Well, don't think this is a graphic glitch.......

Tried to launch an new craft ...noticed the the sun looked a bit different. An eclipse by the Mun moon. the gods of flight failed me many times, don't experiment during eclipses..8)

Ran the clock forward and sun came back...wow.

Running outer planets mod so not sure if this is a usual occurrence. Any thoughts welcome.

screenshot127.png

OMB demolition enterprises sure does likes space stations in my career game. I've built them an eight kerbal one around Kerbin and two five kerbal ones around the Mun and Minmus. What does a demolition company even need a space station for anyway...

Launched a ship to the Mun to do a bunch of contracts including gravity scans, samples, visual surveys, etc. Put it in a polar orbit so that I'd eventually pass over every location. Was going well until I actually landed it; I missed the designated LZ by a few km and figured no problem, I'll just hop over there. Simple, right? Well, I forgot to put the pilot back on stability hold rather than retrograde hold and we crashed into a crater. All that survived was the big command pod.

Well, that sucks, but it's not a total disaster. I quickly put together another ship with a Hitchhiker can on it to go get them. I again miss my intended LZ by several KM and the fuel situation is not looking good because like a dope I also put this one in a polar orbit. The first three Kerbals will just have to jetpack over to the rescue ship, no problem! Unfortunately Doodson was a little too aggressive with his jetpack's throttle and ended up not being able to slow down fast enough, so he overshoots the rescue ship and splatters himself into a crater wall. The other two guys managed to make the trip without killing themselves in the process. We all lift off, watching the fuel gauge.

The rescue ship gets to orbit but comes up just short of delta-V (thanks, unnecessary plane-change maneuver!) so we park it and fire up a *second* drone ship to go get them. The RV goes fine, although we do it in the dark on the far side of the Mun, and everybody EVAs over, climbs aboard and goes home.

So, my potentially very-profitable trip to complete 3 contracts with one launch turned into three launches, one wrecked ship, one abandoned ship, and a KIA. But the Kerbals were grinning like idiots the whole time.

Edited by nremies1

Decided to try KSP after forgetting it for too long, discovered all the new features, tried to seriously use them for the first half hour then proceded to cause as many explosions as possible, destroying the now destructible facilites.

So old buisness as usual

Threw together another MiG-21 inspired design to test in the new aero. Hit mach 1 before the end of the runway and may have overheated a few things on the climb out but Gwenemma managed to bring the remaining bits of the aircraft down safely. Lost both horizontal tailplanes, a couple of air intakes, the ventral strake, both wingtips and both ladders. Much more successful second test flight with a bit more throttle control.

screenshot4_zps9unpawfg.jpg

screenshot5_zps1d9bppns.jpg

Developed a series of mining probes/stations, that will eventually be deployed everywhere I send anything. Today it was the MP-A model, with jet engines for use on bodies with an atmosphere. Surprisingly enough, both jet engines survived, despite sticking out by about a metre from the heat shield. Next step, design a model for use on other planets.

Harvested science from four biomes of Minmus with a single lander. I could have done more biomes, but hoping across them was becoming a bit tiresome. The scientists ability to reset experiments is awesomeThe mobile lab, not so much. I guess it has to be manned by experienced scientists.

1000+ hours. Lots of time using FAR/DE. Two days into a new career set on hard. 3..2..1.. *Kersplosion* oops pulled a noob staging and killed the dream team, plus took out the launch pad. RIP Jeb, Bob, and Bill.