What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Fought with the perforated wet tissue paper weak joints on the MK3 parts. All 100 kerbals are fine.

whadyoudo.jpg

Got the 'stock fixes' and now its no longer a problem. I can rebuild that monster mk3 "plane" that fell to pieces on the runway because of "structural failure" between mk3 parts. Its not the plane pictured above... That's the tiny passenger one.

For the first time since I started playing KSP, I visited the Desert Anomaly. Flying there in a jet, it took maybe half an hour (?); I didn't really time it. Tried to climb the biggest pyramid (tetrahedron?) to no avail. Was however able to climb the smaller ones, and the 'statue'. :cool:

Continued deploying my 3-sat keo-sync comsat network (2 of the 3 pictured) (Using StockRT, so the com16s have 5Mm)

gfkax4N.jpg

And taught myself a neat trick to get a equilateral triangle! Deploy first sat, burn prograde until my orbit period is 8 hours, @8hours, burn retro to 6, release 2nd sat, repeat for 3rd!

Here's a loner:

as5laPC.jpgInteresting failure/update: unknown if this was intended by RT or squad, but a equalateral triangle of sats around kerbin is about 7Mm sides (2Mm beyond the comm 16s or comm32s) but a 4 sat network @ 2868km is ALMOST EXACTLY and under 5Mm. Neat, eh?

Edited by Venusgate

I finally managed to do a perfect landing on the runway. I don't know for how long I've been playing KSP, sometimes with, sometimes without FAR, but I've always sucked terribly at landing planes. I've been using planes in my last hard mode career save for survey contracts, but I must confess that I never even tried to land at the runway, and went for my own personal runway instead - the flat part of the polar ice caps.

Now finally, in sandbox mode, after I don't know how many reverts, I finally did it. I managed to fly around the KSC in a FAR Blitzableiter, and I landed it on point and in one piece, without quicksaving just before landing.

Now I need to train my landing skills, so I might eventually one day be able to use spaceplanes in hard mode career. But until I'm able to land with a close to 100% success rate, I won't risk the life of any of my Kerbals.

In my career save, I extended my station in munar orbit. It now has plenty of fuel, living quarters, and a 2-person lander (the extra seat is for tourists who want to land on the Mun). Next I'll bring up a lab module, and a 1-person lander. Also, I did my first tourist landing on the Mun, that also brought back enough science to unlock the lab module.

rIETPuu.jpg

Did my first Mun and Minmus v1 landings today, with Bill the Scientist doing both in a row. Thanks to grossly overengineering the vehicles (and careful balancing on top of a FL-T800+Terrier) I was able to biome-hop in both and came back home with several thousands worth of science. And suddenly I'm asked to build a 17-kerman station around the Mun ? RUSirius ?

I was surprised to see the Minmus' vessel's heatshield used up just a single unit of ablator on the way down. Might not even need the heat shield at all, will test ! Hurray for saving up on mass a cost. Our company's outsourced designer is not called Scrounger's Shoddy Aerospace for nuthin. Remember that most of History was accomplished using stuff from the lowest bidders.

I then toyed with the turbojet engine - that one's a guzzler, alright, but it can almost bring a minimalist airplane half-way to Kerbin escape velocity from a standing start - on one stage ! Way OP if you ask me.

Next I'll test my hypothesis that the $35k Minmus-exploring vessel can go to Duna+Ike and make it back. Octuple Ant FTW !

Sent Jeb and Bob to do a Munar flyby, first time in 1.0.2. Had them collect a boat-load of science; would've been even more had I realized that I hadn't set up the action group properly to activate 4 Sci Jrs all at once. Still came back with enough science to unlock two techs on the 90-point tier. Hoping to send more Munar missions soon and finish out the basic Mun exploration contract. Meantime I've got a few tourists that want to head that way.

Having Jeb explode is one thing... having him explode 9+ times is another! lol :confused:

{an arm here, a leg there, there goes an ear, and there goes an eye .....}

Just lost three Kerbals when a fueling mothership and lander went suborbital and impacted the Mun at 280m/s. I don't revert to save Kerbals on my saves, this was on sandbox at least. Debris field is about 2km wide and 80km long. ;.;

Now mounting a rover mission to find out what went wrong and recover the black boxes.

RIP:

Dotrey Kerman

Megrys Kerman

Rosphe Kerman

I am now proud owner of a jet powered blimp aka Zeppelin:

Ladies and gentlemen, the heavier-than-air zeppelin. The bad news is, it's just as slow. The good news is, it's still full of explosive hydrogen, but for a completely different reason.