What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Captured 2 E class asteroids, could post an album that isn`t uploaded, but here are some awsome screenshots :cool:

Personally loving the last one, wich was the last of the serie :D

http://i.imgur.com/GW3QQv4.png

http://i.imgur.com/pjyqFh4.png

http://i.imgur.com/YTf1liI.png

Very nice!

What is going on in the second one? Is that a mod or post processing? What are those 'clouds' 'light effects' supposed to be?

Delivered the orbital scooter to my Munar observatory. Sadly it doesn't have quite enough delta-V to land and get back to orbit, so the legs ended up being a bit superfluous. Still meets its primary design goal of being a lightweight spacecraft for carrying out sensor scans from orbit and Val seems happy enough with it.

8SKuAGQ.png

I encountered a bug, seemingly specific to one old save, which had some interesting results. I made a video:

Nice touch there!

Delivered the orbital scooter to my Munar observatory. Sadly it doesn't have quite enough delta-V to land and get back to orbit, so the legs ended up being a bit superfluous. Still meets its primary design goal of being a lightweight spacecraft for carrying out sensor scans from orbit and Val seems happy enough with it.

http://i.imgur.com/8SKuAGQ.png

Nicely composed shot there too!

Makes me want to revisit Vall, this shot reminds me of that moon's pole, which is like this, but also shiny. The subliminal Val/Vall thing is probably also a factor.

Edited by Tw1

I tested enjoyed success on the newest version of the munar (minmus) standard transport vessel. This one is a vtol. Holds 4 kerbals in the cockpit and can have its payload altered for the mission, though usually I just send a science package.

Munar VI Lander.jpg

... and after its return to Kerbin.

munarVI-after.jpg

crashed my Minmus base while trying to land due to badly placed radial engines that caused it to spin around roll axis. It was possible to stop it rolling, but then it would start to spin out in either yaw or pitch axis. I managed to touch the ground, but I bounced back up and lost control.

But that mission wasn't complete failure. I managed to put a satellite that was riding along in correct Minmus orbit to complete a contract and base managed to collect some science while trying to land.

First I installed [thread=81543]NavHud[/thread].

Then I built and launched a probe and scanned Kerbin for resources.

Then I built a plane and flew it to complete a survey contract on kerbin, doing 30+ experiments along the way.

Then I flew the plane to the Old Space Centre (a.k.a. KSC 2) to recover it, because it was only five minutes flight away from the survey area (using basic jet engines)

and because you still get KSC's 98% recovery value (or 100% from the launch pad) when you recover a ship from KSC 2.

Now I'm building two satellites for some satellite contracts, and deciding what to do with my 306 science.

My career mode game had progressed to the point where the next step was exploring the Jool system. Because I had not unlocked nuclear engines yet, I had to try something different. For some reason, it felt obvious that my Bop lander should be a plane.

bop_mission_1.jpeg

bop_mission_2.jpeg

bop_mission_3.jpeg

bop_mission_4.jpeg

bop_mission_5.jpeg

bop_mission_6.jpeg

bop_mission_7.jpeg

bop_mission_8.jpeg

bop_mission_9.jpeg

Launched the second vessel in the armada (hang on, that's a little grand - it's only two launches worth of stuff, though each carries an orbiter and a lander) heading to the Duna system in the next transfer window. This ship is heading to Ike, and has a xenon-powered orbiter/tug and great big biome-hopping probe lander. Cryo upper stage as per usual. Sorry about the night launch - totally forgot to warp to morning.

UwMeYXL.jpg

58wvMPr.jpg

Also messed about with QuizTech's linear aerospike in sandbox a touch more. This is a combat SSTO - making orbit is a bit too touch-and-go at the moment; more tuning is required.

ZWqK87E.jpg

My Minimus lander has had an 'Ant' engine stuck on its top docking port since launch. It was part of a test contract and I thought I could decouple it afterwards but it remains stuck. Now I could do with the port available for carrying science packages.

So I installed KIS...

wy64oacl.jpg

With Firespitter, KIS & KAS I also built a 6x6 'Big Red Recovery Truck', which earned its keep for the first time today when my LKO passenger glider overshot the runway on re-entry and ended up on the beach:

v9J8R4nl.png

Towed back to the runway for 100% recovery of plane, science & 4 tourists!

I've completed my Minmus Mining Circuit ! It has a Mining rig on the surface of Minmus (Flats), 2 refinery-tanker ships for collecting the ore, processing it and hauling the resulting fuel, a Depot that sits in a L2-equivalent point relative to Kerbin an Minmus, and 2 Cislunar Tankers that can bring the fuel from the depot to LKO with a cheap aerocapture.

I now have FREE INFINITE FUEL EVERYWHERE in the Kerbin system, mwahahaha :D

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Jeb & Bob got stuck on the Munar surface when I experimented with a heavy lander. It didn't have enough gas to reorbit.

So I dispatched Bill the repair man after landing a fuel drone near them. Bill hooked up the KAS parts so the spice could flow.

On takeoff he coasted past this Mun Arch:

4vLyukM.jpg