What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I started a fresh install and redownloaded/installed all my mods after my second save in a row decided to nuke itself. I think I found the problem and took that mod out, but added in B9 to the mix so who knows what will happen this time!

Jeb went skydiving:

screenshot1_zpsuctfj0w0.png

After his plane tore itself to shreds because he was trying to bank at mach 3.5....

Flew my Apollo-style rocket. Now at Mun. Will create another album for the return trip later today.

http://imgur.com/a/s9kn0

Btw until now I don't know how to embed an IMGUR album in this Forum :(

like this: (without the extra spaces of course)

[imgUR ]s9kn0[/imgUR ]

Javascript is disabled. View full album

My activities today: I spent a lot of time flying to the badlands and the poles with the basic jet engine to finish the caveman challenge.

Manged to get all techs available without upgrading the science building without so much as reaching orbit of Kerbin.

(did use ~ 10 science form contracts, but that was more to add variety to my activities than because of any particular need)

Edited by Terwin

I started my Moho mission.

moho_mission_1.jpeg

moho_mission_2.jpeg

It was not the most efficient use of Eve gravity assists. The timing was bad, and I needed a major plane change to intercept Moho. At least it broke the transfer into a larger number of smaller burns, which was convenient for a low-TWR ship.

moho_mission_3.jpeg

I've been to asteroids before, pre v1.0.4, but last night was my first visit and capture. After a nearly retrograde launch, and 6 burns once in orbit to match plane, I was on my way to WZU-481. The asteroid was on a collision course with Kerbin, but I met up with it beforehand, captured and then redirected. It's now in a stable orbit around Kerbin. :)

A current favored pilot who has thus far flown several select missions obtained the achievement, Hayy Kermin (girl) - as in Hey girl! Hayy will be returning to WZU-481 for additional science collection and to attempt a more circularized higher orbit.

rP49Irl.png

Put my Dres lander in LKO for the eventual Trans-Dres Injection burn. I still need to design and send an asteroid catcher/refiner with plenty of dv. I don't think I'll bother to set up a surface mining station there.

And xenon sure it's expensive

9scyds.jpg

First Mun landing of 1.0.4 (I'm not getting a lot of play time), using the New Horizons planets and Anomaly Surveyor contracts.

Combined the explore Mun mission, with plant a flag, with investigate the best anomaly. 350,000 roots profit. Jeb (top, naturally*) got a little excited by the jingle of cash. He also landed within 100m of the memorial with no computer assistance, so we're letting him show off this time.

MjFrhdj.jpg

Rules of this career:

- no probe landers on vacuum bodies outside Kerbin SoI (Kerbin has no moons with New Horizons, so that one hurts early-game)

- send an orbiter before building a lander (did two orbital crew reports with the previous mission)

- no one-man landers (hence the pyramid)

* I have no idea where my orange suits have gone... everyone's silver :<

After carefully avoiding the "suborbital flight on the Sun" contracts, I finally accepted a few by accident. So today I built the Sundiver 1. Nothing special, just a nuclear reactor and VASMIR engine from Near Future, plus a whole lot of liquid hydrogen. Flew it out of Kerbin space, went retro, and burned until viola! I was suborbital on the Sun. All my idiot tourists were very pleased. Now I'm burning my way back.

I think I will probably lose money on this, even with four tourists who have contracts paying off, but now I'll have the Sundiver 1 in orbit, and it will make a fine pusher engine for trips to other planets.

17,000th post. I made my first gravity assist to visit Moho. I saved so much delta-v that I arrived 3 stages earlier than I planned! Woo!!

17,000th reply, but 17,001st post.

Anyway, I got trolled a lot and had to keep doing the same ground crew work. But eventually got my crazy flying machine fuelled up, maybe tomorrow I can use it.

I was under the weather today and so sitting around, I made a spaceplane of sorts:

19845094925_81078ea2fb_o.png

19818900116_2518e678a8_o.png

19818908326_f741dc36e0_o.png

19657103050_1f8a8912fc_o.png

As you can see, it's really a rocket lofted to 10K by jetted wings. Definitely not an SSTO.

Edited by Dispatcher