What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Spent the day building and flying a jet plane in a attempt to break 39 minutes for a circumnavigation of Kerbin.......with a single RAPIER.

I'm close.

Downloaded the B9 Aerospace Pack Maintenance Port, ran 64bit KSP.

Built a supply ship around the Davon Supply Mod part with a couple of normal sized SETI-Greenhouse parts:

kss-havenhold-proj-kephaestus-01.jpg

kss-havenhold-proj-kephaestus-02.jpg

kss-havenhold-proj-kephaestus-03.jpg

kss-havenhold-proj-kephaestus-04.jpg

And my first attempt at a B9 part dominant transport ship:

kss-traveller-proj-kephaestus-01.jpg

kss-traveller-proj-kephaestus-02.jpg

kss-traveller-proj-kephaestus-03.jpg

kss-traveller-proj-kephaestus-04.jpg

Edited by Vist

USed my Viper Mk 2-G (Grabber) to remove the debris from the final assembly of the Kerbin Transfer Station.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/Dantucke/DebrisCleanup.png

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/Dantucke/KerbinTransferStationclose.png

Lets face it, are you really going to bring a 300 part interplanetary ship into render range of that 300(?) part station and dock the two?

One day, yeah. Sure, frames take a bit of a hit near it, but I hold out that it'll get better with new releases/upgrades on my end/64 bit work arounds. Plus it's just fun. To me. you don't have to think so. So quit hatin'. ;)

Was about a week ago, but I was mid-early tech tree(no hitchhiker capsule) and had 16 tourists wanting to land on the mun and/or minmus. So I constructed a strange rocket with mk1 command pods facing all kinds of directions, drained all monoprop and disabled reaction wheels in all but the root command pod. After adding parachutes and airbrakes I tested to make sure it had enough parachutes (it did) and then made the different stages of the rocket and launched it, which was very difficult and nervracking when you're putting your last 200k of funds into a rocket. Fast forward to reentry on kerbin, I had about 200m/s dv left, so I decided to slow down at periapsis most of the way, even tho I had autosaved and tried it again without slowing down which worked fine.

So I went from 200k to almost 3mil with one rocket that took around 2 kerbin weeks, and I also got more than a thousand science (unsure of the exact amount) with an unorthodox rocket.

This is a(mong the many) perfect reason(s) to allow reverts in hard mode.

I quite agree. Reverts and quicksaves are fair game when it's a game bug that's broken your ship or suddenly changed your orbit so that you don't have that encounter after all.

IMHO the game is not ready for an iron-man option, and probably never will be :/

Well I know it was my own fault for A. choosing no revert hard mode in the first place and B. not putting an extra pair of launch stabilisers on the ship and C. not transferring the craft file to a sandbox game and trying it out there before launching. I still miss my Kerbals though. *sniff* Now I have the shame of Kerbal blood on my hands and also need to train some more. But its the fact you can fail which makes the success feel like more of a victory so I still think no revert is a good game mode. Just wish I could tell which craft would fail structurally on the launchpad since the VAB is deceptively physics free! :blush:

Today, I set up a space station with the exclusive purpose of just having a station. Because you know what, why not? Who doesn't want a station?

Weighs over 100 tons though. Getting just the core into orbit was a job and a half. Used a 500 ton launcher. At least it worked:D.

Landed my long term exploration rover on the Mun

http://i.imgur.com/2wdhyF4.png

Did you just double up the RoveMax M1s' to get the dually action there or is there a mod that you did that off of?

- - - Updated - - -

This weekend was kinda busy with the baby and got a few chances to muck about on KSP.

Got Stuck crew on Mun back with Grabber.

2F2B109B6F1F0EE6293AFABFAEF9D8BC72AC3A48

Launched a Munar Station and Probe to Satisfy a couple contracts in one launch.

5D39DFADEFB6E9ABA9EA3C4C3230D930ED81F8BE000E22371896F4394BDF48B037CF4C713C6335C9

0646BF0ED7890ADCA037657422A0BBB275019145

2B23886C7457AB15CA1781EEB6E341D720A133A9

AF4A1A79141B65A051D7F6ED50F641B98B4A10EA

Station in position with docking ports for later additions.

F83D80AC9B55C181BCB3FB0CCD0D3DA66A34063E

Probe ready to get into position

70A81DE83F0A35696B916157086EEA51996ECB42

B6BCB6B0BBEE082606348104372F0FFBAA57088B

Next Day I sent a launchable returnable rover to Mun to satisfy survey and temp. contracts on Mun, this was interesting.

A7D93A4CDFE70168B473EDAF595800B9D5E4AAD1C09F063A1B73C062D36BC8E6CC0C72255171F036

0CD2D252FD1FA9BD25DF258BEDFEA73B4D90CA5E

35A2E2B999FBE1122B9E90F51119B30E6EAC5032

B5AACD7868A1BA374301594A7B8AF9AAD4D41C112C22FC5E59FFA2CDBB5F35CF2D5EC5DF00573CDD

Couldn't find my landed and roving shots, I know I uploaded them. But long story short I blew 2 adjacent tires and had fun maneuvering this thing around the rest of the Mun on 2 wheels, but got it done.

Then did a test contract of decoupler in on kerbin with the recently unlocked Raven Spear Mk3 ( this guy is fun to fly) until you forget that the landing strips are elevated even on the island of KSCs coast and crash, but pod survives.

D9E44C55488134A00141C14F24CC54F24C4DFB26

6DB2AFC66F2538E2E269467F7DDEE0455AC443A6

Landed and refueled a couple ships out of the Mun on Minmus(Duna Cruise and a training/station mission), disparate departure times and different trajectories had them both capturing close to each other.

(the Duna mission did a straight burn while the training mission did a sling-shot due to positioning)

While on Minmus I took a drill drone that had been sitting there for a while over to a Kerbal who needed a return with their pod, took some finagling to get the docking klaw onto the pod, but got it over to the fuel sands and recharged the pod so it could sit on it's side for easier grabbing.

Refilled the drone from the ISRU of the Duna mission, then orbited Drone+pod and Duna Cruise to transfer the pod to the Duna klaw.

Verified that two vehicles clawing the same pod will summon the Kraken, then transferred the pod to the Duna ship and clawed the engine of the Duna ship with the drone, topping off both monoprop and liquid fuel from the drone just because I could.

Brought the drone back down and topped it off from the training ship, then tried to klaw the Duna ship with the training ship for some extra 'free' delta-v by doing the initial burn with the training ship(which has > 5K liquid fuel and had just topped off 3K ore, with nothing left to do but pop out to Kerbol SOI and go home).

The extreme lag and the slow/non-functioning reaction wheels on the Duna ship(possibly due to the pod) combined with some missing RCS thrusters on both ships(design re-use is better when you remember to put everything back-on after tweaking the design) caused me to give up after the first failed attempt and just pass the pod over to the training ship for return to Kerbin after the Kerbol SOI visit.

With a line from Kerbin to Minmus at just over 90 degrees compared to a line from Kerbin to Kerbol and with Minmus orbiting towards Kerbol, I got a node that will give me a Duna intercept with a Minmus escape burn of only about 2500 d-v in roughly 200 days(Duna is currently ~ 80 degrees ahead of Kerbin as I am only about day 120 or so, and this is faster and cheaper than my earlier missions)

I just hope that refining during the burn does not cause any problems, as I only currently have ~1500 d-v from my one fuel tank, but I have ore to re-fill it 3.6 times(did not work out the exact d-v but it has a higher fuel fraction than my first Duna ship that had ~10km/s delta-v, it just has nearly 80% of that as ore at the moment)

After this I launched the station/ship that was originally supposed to collect this pod to Kerbin from the Mun. (I'll need to check to see if it is doing any other contracts now that it did the orbital Mun station with 2K liquid fuel and the pod was rescued by another ship(did not expect the training ship to rescue it as it does not have the gear to go horizontal to pick it up, the whole conga-line plan was devised kind of spur-of-the moment))

notes: Drone has MkII liquid fuselage, nuke engine, several 0x solar panels, 2 drills on the sides, 2 rover wheels and 1 RCS 5-way on each corner(it can drive with drills pointing up or down), reaction wheel, small bay with monoprop and probe core, and topped with a Klaw. Originally launched because my first ISRU ship turned out to have drills that did no go deep enough to harvest, followed that ship from Mun to Minmus, and has been occasionally helping ships drill faster on Minmus ever since. This is the first time it was used as a rescue vehicle as it has neither pods nor chutes, just drills, a Klaw, lots of reaction wheel torque, plenty of delta-V and TWR(on Minmus at least)

Made a Mun lander, with the objective of fitting in at least ONE MK3 tank. Works surprisingly well, although haven't made a launcher / transfer stage yet...

MB4teD5.jpg

Leave a rep if you like it! I'll be sure to return!

I didn't manage to complete my Gilly mission, but did return all Kerbals savely (They are expensive...). Did orbit Eve, but not enough fuel to go to Gilly and return to Kerbin. The lander is still orbiting Eve, so can use it later.