What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Hopped on KSP-TV just in time to see it linking over to Brownstard's stream. Not only was it a good show, but he also was able to build his own Arkingthaad tower lander! From scratch! Just from my instructions in the chat! Incredible!

d5F2Xv1.jpg?1

Even the supremely complicated lander legs! And he not only flew it like a pro, but he LANDED it! Several times! I don't know of anyone else that's pulled that off. Incredible.

Edited by Whackjob

Modified the stock MK3 plane with drills and ore/fuel converter, tried to fly to the north pole, got air intakes obstructed without any reason, activated infinite fuel to keep the jet engines on.

And the plane is still flying, but it will take ages before reaching destination.

Built yet another spaceplane... I hate it.

Well actually I like it, the design the way it handles on reentry the way it lands... However it hits orbit on fumes (tried 5 times the best I managed was just over 100 LF/ox left) and carries not enough liquid fuel. So will need to work on that, adding some to the wings, maybe using smaller radial tanks clipped inside or something.

screenshot1_zpsqdzjb2sf.png

Jeb built a pod racer type thingy...

screenshot3_zps9zjkfxk6.png

Ridiculously fast, ridiculously hard to control... Naturally Jeb loved it!

screenshot6_zps0k3wbjuj.png

I got the Centurion up and ready to explore the depths of space

think I might take it to Duna see if I can set her down on ike

http://imgur.com/a/1dLmY

So far the flight it as smooth as silk JR

Nice! But getting it to orbit is the easy part - landing it on Minmus will be interesting... and trust me you'll want to land it on Minmus first. Once you're there you can use a Hohmann transfer around Kerbin to get yourself, well, anywhere.

Also, orbital refueling isn't necessary, it's actually easier to land with less fuel and you should have plenty on board to get to Minmus, then use the on-board ISRU to refuel on the surface. Or were you transferring extra fuel to that depot? LOL

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

Well, I don't have any pictures for this but about a week ago, I decided I would no longer use the WARP feature. I would simply play the game in real time. As of right now, it has taken my brave crew of three Kerbals five days to achieve Münar orbit. Yes, it has made the game painfully slow and makes every maneuver more carefully planned... because the chance to try again after a blown maneuver could make the mission more challenging or even impossible... :)

Took a lander probe (Hexatonchires II) to Eve. Parachute mast (octagonal strut piece - just the one on the top of the stack, not the three below it) exploded for no reason, apparently. Just overheated and blew, taking both drogue chutes and my main chute with it. Managed to land on the double-gravity world using just a Spark and a Round-8 to fuel it with. The thick atmosphere giveth, and it taketh away too, apparently.

Edited by moogoob
elaborating

Got my first science station off to a start with with data from the 2nd Mun lander before it went home. Should produce 0.7 sci/day, and still with most of Mun yet to explore. Playing at 50% science return, that's definitely a nice to have :)

Surface samples seemed to overload it though, it just thinks it doesn't have enough data storage :(

eyaTX7h.jpg

(Non-stock engines from Lack's SXT mod.)

I did some testing of reentry at Eve to see what survived and what didn't.

Heatshield? About 50% of it, anyway.

Flimsy tanks full of highly explosive rocket fuel? No problem.

Cheap, paper-mache nosecones? No worries.

Fire-breathing nuclear engines capable, by themselves, of melting the rest of the ship? Nope.....

19816138709_12fb605fbe_b.jpg

What did I do in KSP today?

Oh god this is going to take a while to explain.

So first, I built a rover. I tested said rover on Kerbin.

Rover performed well. I deemed said rover fit for use on Eeloo (for some ungodly reason).

I built a launch stage for it.

Failed launch x7

Rover makes it to orbit (somehow).

Forgot to add fuel lines, no longer have fuel for engines.

Initiate panic, screaming, and throwing of monitor.

Using RCS to just barely dock with my re-fueling station.

Undocking, rip off nosecones and several struts.

Just going to go with it.

Kerbol escape.

Make it to eeloo in one piece somehow.

Runs out of fuel upon landing.

60% of rover destroyed, leaving it unoperable.

Screw it the rover is a base now.​

Lately I've been making more spaceplanes. This one looks ugly but it works, even with bad piloting skills. I call it the Torchship. If you duplicate it and fly it, you'll understand why.

19388282333_2705d89cbd_o.png

I had intended to leave it at that and do a better design, but I decided to bring it home instead. I overshot the KSC out of control, turned, got control, ran out of fuel and landed with help via RCS.

19983003236_23ba8c5b76_o.png

Here is a view showing the plane location in relation to KSC. Look for the part status bar in the center of the image. I had flown over the hills between the sea and the landing site.

20014513071_44da517c75_o.png

Edited by Dispatcher