What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I got my Whatney on

GXMuW5z.png

You can get the craft from my thread in my sig. I have Ven's Stock revamp which is why it looks a bit different. All stock though with majorjim's suspension and upside down jets to provide a very comfortable ride.

Edited by selfish_meme

Well after I went Kerbalcidal yesterday... I started a new save.

New save means new station!

screenshot15_zpsdnpwymwr.png

Is purple!

screenshot16_zpsemz8w7bx.png

Really should start putting landing legs on these things (also helps when I don't forget the RCS ports...) if I am going to be landing them instead of just sending them on a sub orbital trajectory.

screenshot18_zpsu8qd4jym.png

I played around with larger size rockets in the sandlot mode. The following image is among the first to experiment with. The booster is a central core with 8 of the same rotated into the core making a 9 times fuel and power for the booster. It gets it into space and depending on what is on top into orbit (145K).

eYmSiaq.jpg

The latest is a modified version that nearly gets it top into orbit (145K). Nearly all variations did quite well. :-)

FgP64dg.png

Add a few things and it should take one to anywhere, back and them some.

I FINALLY docked two vessels in LKO! Such an accomplishment for me! Then I built and successfully launched a shuttle into orbit and returned it.... not safely though.... forgot batteries. And lights.. it's buried into the side of a mountain somewhere on the other side of Kerbin. But hey! I used a probe core so no loss of life! Yay!

Got distracted from building big spaceplanes by playing around with a very silly SSTO:

UINxpBah.png

2 Whiplash+ the T45 gets it to LKO but the 3rd Whiplash+ extra fuel allows enough dV to do a rendezvous. Unfortunately I was too hamfisted to make a docking with the 10 units of monoprop available so I will have to add a small tank of the stuff.

Parachutes for braking, with just enough fuel to kill the descent for a gentle landing:

8SwB2EIh.png

Now, where was I with those Mk3 parts...

I did it! A successful orbital rescue mission. Here's the thing, I'm pretty n00b at KSP, even back before Career mode in Sandbox I'd never gone beyond Mun and Minmus. Got a refuelling station up once, but never got the hang of orbital rendezvous. So something of an achievement for me :)

So still haven't docked, but got a rendezvous and Kerbal rescue down. From maneuvers I got closest intersect to 0.5km, just a short EVA jump for Marca Ker(wo)man from her defunct Hitch-hiker over to the rescue Shuttle. I used a spaceplane so I can do more after re-entry, I'll fly back to KSC it's just west over the water. Have yet to unlock the tech I think I need to spaceplane into orbit, so I used a bunch of boosters and an extra engine and fuel tank to get up there.

And here's some pictures :)

http://s87.photobucket.com/user/Kilaeil/slideshow/KSP

Realised that I hadn't done a biome/radar scan (Scansat) of Aptur (New Horizons) when I was looking for a spot to land the second crew. Since both the kerbals and the scanner would be there at the same time, I figured I'd retrieve the data manually and pass it on to my orbital laboratory, rather than just beaming it home. Archer Kerman seemed to enjoy this task :)

tPphIzV.jpg

Also realised that RCS thrusters are totally pointless on a vehicle that size. Didn't need them at all to dock with the station :blush:

I did it! A successful orbital rescue mission. Here's the thing, I'm pretty n00b at KSP, even back before Career mode in Sandbox I'd never gone beyond Mun and Minmus. Got a refuelling station up once, but never got the hang of orbital rendezvous. So something of an achievement for me :)

So still haven't docked, but got a rendezvous and Kerbal rescue down. From maneuvers I got closest intersect to 0.5km, just a short EVA jump for Marca Ker(wo)man from her defunct Hitch-hiker over to the rescue Shuttle. I used a spaceplane so I can do more after re-entry, I'll fly back to KSC it's just west over the water. Have yet to unlock the tech I think I need to spaceplane into orbit, so I used a bunch of boosters and an extra engine and fuel tank to get up there.

And here's some pictures :)

http://s87.photobucket.com/user/Kilaeil/slideshow/KSP

I recommend using imgur instead of photobucket.

I memory crashed the game without a single visual enhancement or part mod.

qMr96yW.png

We got on the topic of planet packs in MatoroIgnika's stream earlier and so I loaded up a bunch of planet packs onto one install (this was a fresh 1.0.4 test install just for this; as always, I was forcing DX11).

That's Outer Planets Mod, KerbolPlus, New Horizons, and Trans-Keptunian.

EDIT:

Kerbin is now a moon, with a bunch of friends.

vKEIyXp.png?1

And Jool got even more moons, including Duna!

bkHrZHc.png