What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

fYQAtGD.png

Went with a multi-stage design in the end for a number of reasons besides the fuel concerns.

AxIQy0C.png

emzblCk.png

Launched a newer version of the Bohemia.

8cVa8Hl.png

taYWeW9.png

xAfU1bP.png

Things get really hectic when you're docking 3 landers and trying to catch 4 free-floating satellites going in 4 different directions with a drone simultaneously.

wMeKiBJ.png

1b0GExN.png

Next up was fuelling the 36000 unit beast.

l61m3WV.png

And lastly, the crew of 12 arrived via 3 separate Kiwi flights.

CFa7fYy.png

The crew will be doing final checks and a shakedown run to Minmus ahead of the Jool transfer window and captain Shelbus is confident in the missions success.

Edited by Spartwo

I learned that MechJeb2 is NOT the most efficient way to land... just the laziest.

I had 208 Dv left in a probe lander after 2 trips to Minimus surface and back with science data. Mechjeb would run it out of fuel and crash still at over 100 m/s. So it switched the controls to manual and brought it down on fumes at 8 m/s to stay and complete "Science Data from..." missions long into the future.

I learned that MechJeb2 is NOT the most efficient way to land... just the laziest.

Not to mention, able to give you a CEP of under 30 meters on airless bodies.

That said, you'll still need to be able to take manual control for a true precision landing if you want to put it EXACTLY on a target. But the AP will get you close enough to do that.

FDE4081CD69A420F7A6534AB6A149A7B2C95279E

decided to test out my 8 inch guns while transporting the KSS North Karolina to the seas of Kerbin. Yet these guns aren't the biggest out there...

E05E42EB184964C40A3A2CFCF29DAB24B8C11532

... this is the biggest. This is the 16 inch gun compared to the normal 8 inch guns + turrets. Custom 2x rescale of the Maritime boat part mod for the hull, lack luster labs for most of the superstructure and parts of the turrets, Kerbal Foundries for the tracks, and BDArmory for the guns (which I modified the included 105mm into 203mm [8 inch] and 406.4mm [16 inch] naval guns)

10fps never felt so good.

I started out intending to build the next section of my station, but somehow wound up building a horribly over engineered satellite for the Mun instead... At least I made the fairings look pretty for once.

screenshot1_zpsu06kwznj.png

screenshot4_zpsxmzltwxj.png

And landed it to mark a huge area of really really rich ore for future mining. So long as it has power it should stay standing... Or rather it should stay standing until I switch back to it...

screenshot5_zpsq8dspivm.png

Read a couple of posts on the board yesterday about how to get how of the grindy part of the game quickly. Decided to try that out for my own self, so I fired up a new career save with normal difficulty and off I went. Had a pretty enjoyable evening; got a couple of buildings up to Level 2 and I'm already reasonably close to hitting the Level 1 R&D limit.

Tonight it'll probably be back to the slog in my regular career save.

Not to mention, able to give you a CEP of under 30 meters on airless bodies.

That said, you'll still need to be able to take manual control for a true precision landing if you want to put it EXACTLY on a target. But the AP will get you close enough to do that.

30 meters? The problem with MJ landing autopilot is that, if you select a base as your target, MJ will land on top of the base. You have to take manual control once it starts the final descend unless you want to crash into something.

30 meters? The problem with MJ landing autopilot is that, if you select a base as your target, MJ will land on top of the base. You have to take manual control once it starts the final descend unless you want to crash into something.

..or you can just tweak the landing coordinates slightly so the touchdown is offset a bit.

I have been possessed by STS madness.

Well and a I finally got one that works and doesn't flip out in glider phase.

So naturally I used it to build a two piece career contract station in low Kerbin orbit, then bring the tow pieces back one at a time. :cool:

sarbian SSE mod came in handy for this project.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I managed to produce the third episode of my current Primitive Orbital Station series! It continues right where the 2nd episode (in the OP) left off, featuring a rescue mission using the micro shuttle, and deployment of the second mini lander.

At the same time I used the "Merge" function in the VAB to assemble the Primitive Orbital Station complex, and uploaded it to Sketchfab with full annotations for all the modules shown in the P.O.S. videos.

ps. the Kerbals manning the landers were so elated to land on the Mun, they made Munar Elation gifs to send back to mission control. Edited by pandoras kitten

After approximately a 5 year journey to Eeloo, I parked my Ion ship in orbit to do mapping. I then went to my Jool system mapper, which had just finished mapping Pol, and put it in orbit around Bop and began mapping there. When I went back to my Eeloo mapper, as the scene opened, all of the Gigantor solar panels went to pieces and the ship went into a maddening unstoppable roll. I lost all of the mapped data. There was no reason for why this happened - that I know of. To say I'm a bit ticked-off is understatement. Damnit! :mad:

After approximately a 5 year journey to Eeloo, I parked my Ion ship in orbit to do mapping. I then went to my Jool system mapper, which had just finished mapping Pol, and put it in orbit around Bop and began mapping there. When I went back to my Eeloo mapper, as the scene opened, all of the Gigantor solar panels went to pieces and the ship went into a maddening unstoppable roll. I lost all of the mapped data. There was no reason for why this happened - that I know of. To say I'm a bit ticked-off is understatement. Damnit! :mad:

It appears that your Kraken-B-Gone wore off the probe! Make sure that you apply the high-temperature version if you're going down-sun next time. :P

Worked on a 2.5m, 4-man capsule (for all of the orange-suits to fly at once). It probably still needs some work, but it's come a long way. :)

http://ksp.necrobones.com/screenshots/2015-07/KSP%202015-07-31%2020-04-30-27.jpg

Why would a ship need two pilots when one is of questionable usefulness?

Edit: Nice looking pod however.

Edited by More Boosters