What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today was refueling and more refueling. After refueling runs 9 and 10, Kidonia is now about a quarter full xP

I'm starting to wonder if I made it too big.

How many parts is the Kidonia. . . . and how do you prevent you computer from running at 5 FPS and catching fire?

I've always avoided huge builds for fear of FPS crash + Kraken attack, but of that thing works then perhaps my fear is unfounded?

I have been inspired to build something a little bigger. . . . not Kidonia big, but bigger!

For fueling my (mostly) dry launches I plan to do it around Minmus using mined resources, it's damn sight easier to lift fuel from that gravity well than from Kerbin's! I say mostly because I launch with enough fuel to make it to Minmus orbit!

Edited by Bishop149

Launched a couple of tourists on a sub orbital flight of he sun mission but didn't quite have enough fuel left for a direct return to Kerbin so they've gone on a little slingshot past Eve and are on their way to Duna to meet the more sane members of their tour party.

Well thank god I downloaded KIS. When I went to dock my two stages of my Duna station I discovered to my horror that my 2.5m docking port to my puller stage was on backwards! So I sent up a small craft with tools and extra ports asap. After several frustrating trial an errors (before reading the KIS user manual in detail) sessions with Bill I finally got it sorted.

I now have 2 separate vessels on their way to Duna but unfortunately they will arrrive nearly 100 days apart. I need to get better at that. The science station will get there unmanned. I will be sending more stuff out there as well. And tonight I need to dowlnload Kerbal alarm clock.

Also launched my first survey scanner over the moon. Next step will be to drop some surface probes and refine the search for my first mining expedition.

I deployed my improved Multiprobe in Munar orbit, and my first probe arrived at Eve. It was something less than a total success, but I got some data back. The second of the pair of probes arrives two Kerbin days later, so I'll try something a little different to see if I can improve.

(Love the trial-and-error aspect of KSP!)

Lost another locomotive :( a 40 class.. 4003..

seen here in happier times..she follows a long line of trains lost in development stages not far outside KSC due to 1.0+ updates causing problems..

unlike her younger sister trains that were lost 100s of kms outside of KSC on the open road of green endless fields

joMzslw.jpg

Spent the evening in my second career save, largely doing tourist missions for money though I did successfully fulfill a couple of rescue missions before the night was out (same general rocket for both types = good design, IMHO) as well as a couple of relatively high-paying parts test contracts. I discovered that Fundraising Campaign set at 25% is a pretty awesome way of making some extra dough without hobbling my early game too much; I'm two or three game days in at this point and I've got my Level 2 R&D unlocked, with the game already offering me the Explore Duna contract - and this before Jeb has made it into Munar orbit for the first time (and I haven't tried to send anything to Minmus as yet). I've got 73 science; I'm thinking of sending Bob out to do some dumb ground science (of which I've done not a lot - just the Launchpad and Runway) to get that extra oomph I need to unlock another 90 point tier node. Probably Electrics (though I've also considered Space Exploration - which would give me another science instrument).

I really probably need to go back to my regular career save at some point - I'm just having a lot of fun with this one...

...Drinking coffee, of course.

(This thing is able to fly)

Your plane looks very good, i would have really wondered how you build such a thing without a serious koffeineshock...

Happy Landings :wink:! (I like koffee with milk and all.)

Previously in the thread someone rightly commented the X-Com Skyranger is so fat and stubby it should not be thinking of going to orbit...

But oh my god after a few hours of work it becomes a Mach 3.5 intercontinental clipper, has STOVL capability, and I did not know something so fat could be so fast and agile! Thanks again @LethalShade for the idea and craft file! It was fun taking it apart and re-engineering it to the point it can dance like a butterfly, and sting like a bee!

Previously in the thread someone rightly commented the X-Com Skyranger is so fat and stubby it should not be thinking of going to orbit...

But oh my god after a few hours of work it becomes a Mach 3.5 intercontinental clipper, has STOVL capability, and I did not know something so fat could be so fast and agile! Thanks again @LethalShade for the idea and craft file! It was fun taking it apart and re-engineering it to the point it can dance like a butterfly, and sting like a bee!

Thanks to you. We should make some planes again if I come up with an interesting design.

BTW, here's my own fighter jet, the Shark MkII :

c269fdc8a5.jpg

Why shark ? Well, see for yourself :

9393ecec89.jpg

It really looks like a shark.

(This, or my caffeine addiction makes me hallucinating)

Edited by LethalShade

Today I sent my engineer to the Mun in order to train him in base assembling.

HEk4ED7.png

Nothing spectacular. The module to the right is an old, unmanned and low-tech outpost I landed there in order to fulfill some contract. Never visited by anyone before. Figured I might go there, gather science and go back home.

Next stop: Duna.

Edited by Veeltch

Decided to join the Elcano challenge and started designing a rover with Tank Treads. I found them more effective negotiating bumps and such.

I started building a colony ship.

Got the basic design made, got the first few pieces into orbit (even using extraplanetary launchpads I had to break this thing up..)

Then decided to take a break and something went funky with my computer so now I am MIA till I fix it.