What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Launched my Kerba VII rocket with the intent of putting 4 comm satellites in Munar orbit then landing a drone rover on the surface. Made it all the way only to realize I could not move my comm satellites because they had no reaction wheels. Reloaded last save and changed their sub-assembly but was too tired to do the launch all over again tonight.

I have the RemoteTech mod so I need the comm satellites to move my drone rover. It's job will be to explore the surface, do mineral surveys, and find a good spot for an eventual manned Mun landing.

Made the sort of poor design choice that you don't spot until it's in orbit...

%7Boption%7D

The worst part? The engine has a visible gimballing movement. But at least it's a happy probe!

oh god.. :rolleyes:

started a new carreer recently, yesterday i took a break and simply crashed many experimental airplanes to the tunes of Kenny Loggins danger zone. laughed so hard my sides hurt :D

Switched my admin strategy in my second career save from transforming rep to money at 25% to transforming money to rep at 25%. Rescued Nina from Kerbin orbit; managed to plop her down in the Highlands 40 klicks west of KSC, so good recovery funding resulted. Also did a couple of satellite contracts. Managed to unlock a contract to do a Minmus flyby - fortunate that Bob is still en route with eight days to the encounter. I'm still hoping to unlock the full Explore Minmus contract before he arrives. Got a few contracts to rescue Kerbals from Munar orbit and I've got a couple more satellite contracts. Still haven't unlocked enough tech to rescue Val and her tourists from Mun, but plans to do that mission are in the works. Plans are still to upgrade the VAB next, though I'm putting less emphasis on making money at the moment now that my R&D is fully upgraded (I might switch that around again if I can get Explore Minmus to pop up before Bob arrives).

I swear it's not my fault! The solars/radiators can't be deployed in the VAB so I didn't twig what it would end up like :<

Considering this is a game about building rockets, it's a real miracle this kind of thing doesn't happen way more often. I remember fun times trying to avoid it in Battleships Forever...

Been a while but finally got back on and didn't make too much progress, but adjusted a trajectory for Minmus encounter, gonna be 9 days now. Messed around with creating a rover/tow vehicle/modular base for future missions, while on Kerbin. Got the flag poles to display my Weiland Yutani Flag permanently now. yeah. Sent a drone grabber up to capture a Class-C 'Roid for contract, to find out I'm 3 months away from the Kerbin encounter with it. Gonna decide what to do with it tonight maybe if I can get an intercept close enough grab it and ride it till the encounter for kerbin orbit creation.

F7C94F050F1E4445DA007E813FF64F44C712F6FE

Minmus 2 Vehicle used for upcoming 9 Day trek to complete science.

2CC3FA5E7DB55AC695A714A20940F11BCB403220

As Rover

F971950B674A11BB5D25ADD86A21FBBB930EEED3

As Tow Vehicle (my first successful Career Dock)

F31B0174DBC5B5CAC89288296C129C9D6E62D169

What are those two spots behind vehicle on Runway?

E4F7339D21BA8A7E884C01BBD2A82D9C35AAA031

As Modular Base with early version of rover/tow vehicle w/ horribly placed solar panels.

C096C6EFB5A8B756F35BE9BA3C700263DC4CB719

Yay...Representing the Company

ADBFC065642041E9746C341C9E77FA869B887CFF

'Roid Grabber

D4618343114071204AB6A4FBEF1D9E57036C76D0

I really hate when this happens and it won't go away until you stage the items glowing.

Not a lot today, Launched a scanSat probe towards Eve/Gilly with a plan that the Grand Tour can refuel it and then carry it as an extra tank to Moho where it can start scanning while the main ship lands to refuel.

(Probe has 7km/s in the core and another 5km/s in the drop-tanks using a stock nuke, whereas the Grand Tour ship has a total of roughly 10km/s between ore and liquid fuel using the Atomic Age Lightbulb engine(1500 isp), so the fuel in the probe should provide at least a few extra m/s to the main ship)

The original launch was much faster than I expected, apparently it has been a while since I launched a rocket at a normal FPS.

I had an extra 500m/s in the launch stage after achieving orbit, letting me do the first 1/3 of my departure burn without using any transit fuel. If everything goes as planned I should have a stable Gilly orbit without emptying the drop-tanks. Unfortunately Eve is on the opposite side of Kerbol, so it will take a few days more than a year to arrive(encounter is during second pass), but as the Grand Tour is currently > 90 days away from Duna, so it has a while before it will be getting to Eve.

I should really examine my power requirements and design a version for the outer-planets using the nuke generators.

Ultimate flyby. Ish.

http://i.imgur.com/d19wosl.jpg

Tiny nuclear engine from Atomic Age, with Modular Fuel Tanks used to dump out the oxidiser and fill the space with LF. Unusual planetary system courtesy of New Horizons. Not sure if the mission itself is stock or one of Contract Configurator's numerous packs...

What's the mod that let's you see the kerbonauts job and xp in the frame?

struggled with ctd's & graphical issues since changing to windows 10. Lost all my progress as i started a clean install. Became very grumpy and fed up as i have been troubleshooting my modded install all day. *sits down in a huff*

Started a new hard mode career. On my first mun landing ship, screwed up the ascent, too many boosters (i know right???) so i couldn't circularize efficiently and wasted dv . . . the cost of the ship was already spent, so i figured i can still land Jeb and make him wait there a few hours/days untill the rescue comes with upgraded stuff thanks to the fulfilled mun contracts. Once there, i had 400ms left. . . it take 580 at best to achieve mun orbit . . . the rescue ship would be much smaller and cheaper if i didn't have to land . . . so Jeb burned for orbit, EVAd on suborbital, and made orbit on RCS. First time for me!

What's the mod that let's you see the kerbonauts job and xp in the frame?
Pretty sure what you're looking for is PortraitStats by DMagic:

It is indeed - apologies, I was too slow for I am but a tired old man :)

- - - Updated - - -

I built me a functional Swordfish!

I think it's a mailplane.

How can you tell?

Well didn't you see the little thing poking out front?