What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I played the role of The Stig in testing BlueCanary's all-new 2016 model year K-150 Kraptor truck, developing a street performance oriented suspension tune, a new aero kit and did some interior decoration too!

But, let's call it Kerbal Truck Simulator 2 :D

http://i.imgur.com/im1Mit9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/K6zEokf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pci9UwH.jpg

And yes there was Kerbal Truck Simulator!

Vehicles just amaze and perplex me. I built a truck to drive around Kerbin, and it would not accelerate past .5 m/sec. I put jet engines on it, and at 12 m/sec despite weighing almost 10 tons it slides sideways and flips. I've killed more astronauts trying to drive around KSC than in flight ops. *goes off to search for answers on the forums...*

For the feasibly sum of 240.000 spacebucks, you can get 100 tons into LKO.

Full day/night operational usage.

200 Parts(ALS)/59(LKO)

726 tons (ALS)

2015-08-12_00001_zpsz40mufr8.jpg

Note: The final orbital insertion burn leaves you with very little fuel for any kind of orbital manoeuvres.

Note-B: This rocket is very fast.

*ALS - At Launch Site.

I'll upload a video describing the flight procedure into LKO tomorrow, its way too late in the evening for me.

Edited by TimePeriod

Hey a T-16 Sky Hopper

No no no, that was just a big wing with an engine on it.

But this is one:

LUsJNbSh.jpg

mpZBG0sh.jpg

418YdVth.jpg

And it flies not as bad as expected. Flies slow, turns slow, but as you can see I was able to land it again. Actually it's pretty stable in the air.

Bob, Bill & Jeb took the Munar Explorer for a shakedown cruise. The Explorer has plenty of delta V and a reusable lander. After a landing the lander rendezvous with the Explorer for refueling and then lands again without returning to the Mun station. A typical mission would include a crew of up to 7, an orbital plane change, three landings and then a return to the station. This cruise included a plane change to 70 degrees inclination and two landings, however there was enough delta v for 4 landings!

Departing the station:

uqt2Htq.png

Preparing for first landing:

H0xKp9T.png

This is the second landing site of the mission:

oa4EEVi.png

Back at the laggy Mun Station for refueling:

9RZtVJf.png

Rigged the Class E asteroid for landing.

screenshot30.png

Unfortunately the large number of Klaws operating with free pivot appeared to be a Kraken bait so strong that even without entering warp, just having a peek at the map summoned it. I'll try tomorrow again.

screenshot35.png

Vehicles just amaze and perplex me. I built a truck to drive around Kerbin, and it would not accelerate past .5 m/sec. I put jet engines on it, and at 12 m/sec despite weighing almost 10 tons it slides sideways and flips. I've killed more astronauts trying to drive around KSC than in flight ops. *goes off to search for answers on the forums...*

The key is start small or use proven designs then build on them. Try this old school stock truck for size,its easy to handle and rollover resistant.

http://kerbalx.com/pandoraskitten/KMC-M1-King-Cab---Stock

Bought the game yesterday. Played for 12 hours. Felt like death the rest of the day because I didn't sleep. Came home, died repeatedly. Got some poor Kerbalians(?) stranded in a useless and far away orbit. Tried to save them. Forgot to bring docking port. Now they're going to have to EVA - assuming I can manage to rendezvous. And, of course, all of that will be utterly pointless unless I brought enough delta-v to get back home ... which .... who knows. Yay........

my rescue ship:

2015_08_12_00003.jpg

I flew to Minmus, then Duna (and Ike too) after launching with an SSTO Space plane carrier. Then I came back docked with the orbiting space plane and landed at KSP again.

Taking off using the SSTO space plane launcher/lander craft with the Reliant starship "piggyback"

gY4x8Om.png

Fly out to Minmus to refuel and gain delta-V for the transfer to Duna

nD0x90N.png

Land on Duna and do science - and refuel again for takeoff

eKYeuMs.png

I just love this picture

oxqPbcc.png

Land on Ike to refuel and gain delta-V for the return trip to Kerbin

B3wduOJ.png

Mate with the orbiting space plane launcher/lander

TA1GONp.png

De-orbit, re-enter and fly back to the Kerbin Space Port

PntO2OZ.png

Land and recover the almost complete vehicle - some parts were destroyed during re-entry.

eunLNPa.png

Here is the original icture of the Reliant:

RdMV6aq.png

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

Built a reusable Single Stage To Orbit booster. Comes in two versions, light and heavy. The light version is capable of lifting an 18 ton payload to Low Kerbin Orbit, the heavy one can lift a 36 ton payload to Low Kerbin Orbit. Both are capable of returning to the surface of Kerbin for refurbishment, saving me some costs. Assuming successful recovery, the cost is measured in a few tens of thousands of funds per launch.

hKpRLMN.jpgHqbp0O7.jpg

I got all (well most) of the technical issues taken care of in my "Kerbal Scavenger Program" contract pack (hint: It comes with a modman config that sets the science requirement for every node to 999,999), and now I have the daunting task of actually making all the contracts that will allow the player to actually scavenge these parts.

I haven't actually "played" the game in quite a while now. I should get back to that :D

I flew to Minmus, then Duna (and Ike too) after launching with an SSTO Space plane carrier. Then I came back docked with the orbiting space plane and landed at KSP again.

-snip-

JR

That is a really cool design!

I did this in my new career save.. :blush:

NDg8y82.png?1

Not much done last night - sent a white suit to Mun to try to pick up Jeb and company while earning some bux in the process. Nina turned out to be a scientist, so I loaded her up into a Fireball 7a and shot her out towards Minmus; she'll arrive in eighteen days. Bob arrives there in two; still haven't unlocked the Explore Minmus contract and I've pretty much given up hope of that happening. Did another Kerbin-orbit rescue mission as well. I need to go ahead and clean up some of the crap capsules that are still in Kerbin's orbit. Still trying to get the Level 3 VAB unlocked - I'm close but I need to make good on some scratch before I'd feel comfortable about pushing the button.

Last night accomplished a few feats for me, after about an half-hour of adjusting maneuvers nodes finally was able to get a close enough intersect with class 'c' 'roid i'm gonna grab onto and ride to Kerbin, later on after completing other feats, made other adjustments to course to get within a 2.4km intersect. I'll most likely do that tonight.

Also created an orbit round the sound to rescue someone fairly close to it, will adjust the rest of the orbit tonight to shrink it to parallel theirs.

Finally my great accomplishment at least to me, arrived a Minmus finally, shrank orbit, and finished up survey contracts for Minmus by basically taking on orbit at around 5km a/p and adjusted inclination to match location of either Temp scan or crew report. Landed on Minmus on I believe the North Pole of it, not to sure, and what a smooth landing this was. EVAed grabbed some samples and reports, EVAed again with another crew member when upon EVAing I noticed a spot on my screen in the distance, thinking it was either crap on screen, bad graphic, or whatever, so, i adjusted camera and noticed it didn't go away and thought I just accidentely found the Minmus Monument. Rocket Packed over there planted flag and took photos, rocket packed back, and departed minmus for home, ran out of fuel upon setting orbit on Kerbin low enough peri that within 5 orbits would finally break though atmo. and land. Yay, Recover, and holy crap 525science data just for that missions awesome.

97CA0A11B0101E10071F4BAD2888A3F7AA086B51

Rock Grabber Setting up course.

B9EC1A51A71A452035BFC4EB64A480847BE5A6FC

Minmus 2 now in orbit around namesake and that huge spot that looks like a J.J. Abrams lenses flare is actually Mimus to my initial surprise when viewing this photo.

B76540A7114A9A4E2D3289F4C3A0C652A3078833

Rescue Grabber en route to solar orbit, with it to cool for school overly size ablator.

2E379069DB876F0384C36C43585C5B9DC51D0EA8

Minmus 2 taking temps.

43A9CE36411D123960B2657A3447EC34F50D6BF2

Coming in for landing.

DCD469959D34C57C7D8CF509211794CAD23E7BD3

871B77E29448FE8C600802CDE28CC5DBF0EE2593

Almost there...

2C6B9F87DD466109086CA954568B21E51443EBC6

Landedish, (as you can tell it looks as if i'm not completely landed, but nothing fell over)

88348A5739FACDBA918B107777DA0F7D88C8ECED

Ripley Site 1

6804BD3241F82990FA08121F493493778A7A42CC

4DB5303662D3AF840435F713CB4EAE104E570F19Monolith

896B20B23F8B2454F06CFDBA79F1FDD3370AD8A6

One of 5 Re-entry attempts, which when I finally splashed down, landed in the crater at home.