What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

for the first time, I was able to make a space plane, with FAR as well. I am very happy that I finally made a space plane, now it'll be a lot cheeper for me to send my crew up to space. The space plane, however, cannot dock on its own (also can't reach orbits above 75 km [and even that leaves less than 200 dv left]), and therefore requires a shuttle to transfer the crews around, but it's a space plane, the first one ever for me.

one of my ships arrived at duna.. i keep screwing up the transfer tho, it was supposed to take 3600dv but it took over 7000.. i only had just over 4000 so i cheated a bit with infinite fuel to get an orbit around duna. i did some science in orbit and waited for an intercept with ike, released the probe and managed to land it, then i hopped to a few more biomes before running out of fuel.

97524147C1D0FB5C134BB7CD9F502EF6CED175EE

B506FD72ECBDA62E64AD47B1679520D7B6644850

i also made a new almost-spaceplane with some new parts i unlocked, it's supposed to take up to 5 tourists into orbit and back but it runs out of fuel shortly after getting a sub-orbital trajectory so needs a lot of tweaking. (those are 2 airospikes on the bicoupler)

59916A579AC16FD91474222513883EFB8EC6A583

Edited by Belphegor

Light day in KSP for me. Undocked Endeavour and concluded that mission (I named it STS-14B since its the second shuttle mission in the year 14). I sent up a second Progress craft to the station to resupply it. Also switched Jeb out of the commander's seat in the Shuttle and moved him into the station for his year long stay. Going to probably get Valentina up there soon for a year long stay too. Next Shuttle mission (STS-14C) will either deliver the Columbus module or the last part of the JEM depending if I can use the Shuttle arm.

Started my new career and got this wonderful shot. How do I get rid of the dispays in the corner? Is there a mod, or is it a button I'm missing? Also got two planes built for scientific research on Kerbin, and built a simple tourist ship for sub-orbital tours, the Star Chaser 2. Star Chaser 1 met with an untimely RUD because of a design flaw..... :0.0::0.0::0.0:

beaut.png

free screen capture software

TheDoctor;2213450']Started my new career and got this wonderful shot. How do I get rid of the dispays in the corner? Is there a mod' date=' or is it a button I'm missing? Also got two planes built for scientific research on Kerbin, and built a simple tourist ship for sub-orbital tours, the [i']Star Chaser 2. Star Chaser 1 met with an untimely RUD because of a design flaw..... :0.0::0.0::0.0:

http://s11.postimg.org/55jvy3mub/beaut.png

free screen capture software

Pressing f2 will hide the display. Hope that helps!

Hour three of the four hour burn. We have just passed Munar orbit, this 2500mT potato and me. Ok, now it is 2300 and some change. At some point as I was websurfing yesterday before going to bed, acceleration jumped to a whooping 0.03m/s2... That means I have about 50 more minutes to go for capture. And then I have to figure out how to change the inclination from 44º to something sensible. Boy I hope Mun behaves and stays out of the way as I do so. Or maybe I could use an encounter to my advantage?

Y6M856Q.png

Rune. At least when this done, I'm done worrying about refuels in LKO.

Edited by Rune

Managed to reach the surface of Moho with an 'experimental approach' and with a relative modest interplanetary vessel. What do I mean with an experimental approach? Well, I decided to completely ignore the launch windows to Moho and decided to burn when my periapsis (solar orbit) lined up with that of Moho. Furthermore, I matched the inclination of Moho already when performing the ejection burn around Kerbin ... ! A long process and costs roughly 2,5 km/s delta-V, but results in just 1,5 km/s delta-V to 'burn away' when entering the SOI of Moho. I could even manage to return to Kerbin, but amount of available fuel is low and for some reason my heat shield ablated away almost completely in vacuüm ... !

2ltj32x.png

Landed my outer grand tour on Ike, planted flags, fully filled all tanks and headed out to Dres, not using any sort of window, so it will take about 250 days before intercept.

My Duna sacnsat was finally in a position to thrust for Eeloo, should hit the SOI in a little over 6 years. Had to loop a bit outside the periaps due to Eeloo still being a bit away, but I should still have more than 500m/s after I capture, and that should be plenty to fully scan the entire surface.

Looks like I may not have much to do for the next 100 days besides tend to the labs on my various interplanetary craft.(Training craft returning to Kerbin from Duna, Grand Trour(inner) returning to Kerbin from Gilly(First ever Moho visit complete), Outer Grand Tour heading from Ike to Dres). Wonder if I will finish that last 10K science node in the community tech tree before my Grand Tour vessel returns to Kerbin... that would be a lot of Rep if I have 100% of science going to rep...(All Gilly biomes, one or two Duna biomes, 9 of 12 Moho biomes, skimming of Eve's upper atmosphere)

I wonder if my Dres and Jool scansats will arrive before my outer grand tour... should probably check my KAC entries...

tweaked the amount of fuel of my spaceplane so it actually goes to space, then used it for some tourist to LKO contracts. this is my 2nd spaceplane ever so i'm pretty happy that i got it to work. also completed the kerbin 3 challenge contract (fly-by the mun and minmus then land back on kerbin).

"What do you mean, you forgot to mount the retro-thrusters on the station part for Duna we sent to orbit yesterday?"

"I mean, that I'll get my sorry [beep] into one of the flying coffins we use to rescue those 'highly qualified' kerbals stranded in low orbit, fly up there, and mount them with my own hands (and a screwdriver...)!"

Well, as you may have guessed, I managed to forget something quite important, but thanks to KIS the issue was easy (and relatively cheap) to fix.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Another update on the Grand Tour Ion/LFO Ship, now Mk2 31000 m/s deltaV:

- The Gigantor XXL panels (220%, 10x mass and power, 120% power needed in LKO) have been replaced laterally : during this mission most of the ejection and capture burns will happen with the sun on the side.

It's not like in the Fast travel to Eeloo where the ship was clearly going from or to the sun, a 3x or 6x symmetry was good for that mission but not here.

- Added more batteries and 4 jettisonable fuel cells array and toroidal fuel tanks, that will help the panels and batteries when manoeuvring in Eeloo (mostly) or Jool area.

- Adjusted the size of 4 LFO big tanks that will refuel the lander, according to the deltaV map. (will land on 13 moons/planets)

FKpWHYy.png

Departure in a few days, the ship still need some tests.

Note : main ship and lander are reusable, no decoupler or separator, only docking ports

Edited by xebx

After i had completed my Jool mission I started to create atmospheric vehicles. By the time i have now thrown together a fleet of 5 commericial aircrafts for short, medium and long range flight on Kerbin.

That's my Kerbaliner series:

screenshot39.png

screenshot41.png

screenshot42.png

And here some of them in action:

screenshot43.png

screenshot35.png

screenshot36.png

screenshot37.png

They are almost completely made out of stock parts except exterior cams from a glascockpit mod.

I took few days of flying because I just can't think of what to do until Jool probe arrives at its destination, and it feels inefficient to just time-warp to that day. I had few deep space manned missions planned, but accident at Duna changed all that as I don't want to send yet another crew out on the mission and postpone using life support mods even more. So I have to wait for time to rescue guys and girls on Duna first.