What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I've seen Eve's transit and Moho's too if I remember correctly. I love distant object enhancement

It is the best Visual mod closely followed by those that add clouds :)

I have just committed myself to what is going to be around a 2 hour drive. In a game. About space.

http://i.imgur.com/PhVDAKY.png

The speedometer is in fact displaying Km/h.

What Planet/Moon are you on?

Is this still Kerbin? I dont remember the desert this hilly :)

Rescued a brave explorer named Dunrick who spent over 30 years living in his lander on the surface of Ike.

Dunrick nearly fainted at the news that the female recruits are now allowed into the space program, and is overly enthusiastic to return back to Kerbin.

jYDP9qz.jpg

Sent a probe is escape trajectory out of the solar system (RSS) and got encounters with Saturn and Neptune while doing my ejection burn. That was completely random, and if I stopped my burn, I could have visited one of them.

I am already getting frustrated thinking about how much I am going to struggle getting to these planets when I'll actually want to get there... :mad:

Finally achieved several firsts in my 1.0.2 career, which has gotten much farther than any of my previous saves, thanks in part to the long wait for 1.1.

iOxjT8c.jpg?1

Passenger shuttle Canopus completed its first mission, a long-overdue crew rotation to Kilgore Station in Kerbin orbit, Barbicane Station in Munar orbit, and Base Ardan on the Munar surface.

5TB6lUI.jpg?1

The prototype Super Aqualung tanker ship made its first round-trip to Base Coalwood on Minmus.

zLN7DR0.jpg?1

Eeloo Flyby 1 finally encountered Eeloo after a nearly four-year-long transit.

kcvZ1b7.jpg?1

Fredner, Tiayne, and Janjorie aboard the Dauntless arrived in the Jool system via a Tylo encounter--my first Kerbals ever to do so. Dauntless is on course for a second Tylo encounter followed by a low pass over Jool and encounters with Vall and Laythe in the coming weeks. Depending on the fuel situation at that point it may visit Bop, Pol, or both before parking in Laythe orbit to wait for a follow-on mission to bring extra fuel, additional crew, and a landing craft.

LSMJumt.jpg?1

Most satisfying of all, the Constant burned back into Kerbin orbit and docked at Kilgore Station at the conclusion of its expedition to Eve and Gilly, my first completed interplanetary mission.

I am currently mining dresteroids, preparing a massive Laythe colonisation campaign. I got a contract about 6.5 millions to wrangle a E-size asteroid to Valls orbit... and we realy need the funds :D. Two engineers are on board of this heavy duty nuclear mining/ fuelconversion tug...

X0TbyRZ.png

Ahh, my Duna mission - it went so smoothly, but in the end, orbital burns are quite forgiving and by-the-book compared to willingly succumbing to the gravity of alien worlds and atmospheres.

What a chain of disasters.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Things started to take a turn for the worse when the lander had a bit too much deceleration to do right at the end, and it toppled. Nothing broke so I thought, "okay, I can work with this." Samler and Bardrin Kerman are alive, the lab is okay, science may begin.

So the signal is sent and Bob brings down the rover! It sets down just fine, just a little way the frick off target; he has to drive 314 km to the lander... Waypoint tells me at 20m/s that's 6 hours and 20 is a pretty breakneck speed.

I should have played it safe... Bob became the first kerbal in an automobile accident on a planet other than Kerbin. He also became the first kerbal to die on a planet other than Kerbin, and the first kerbonaught I lost in the course of this career. Okay not the first I've victimized with my own ineptitude, but the first one I decided not to couldn't reload and undo. I made a quicksave. I quickloaded. Rover spawned inside a hill and spontaneously exploded. I couldn't prevent this, couldn't fix it, and I'd been only using the quicksave for far too long to go back... So, we mourn the loss of Bob.

It doesn't stop there. After 100+ days carrying on a kerbal shorthanded, Bardrin and Samler attempt to take off skidding and point the nose up before any serious damage is done.

.... and yeah. Scraped the engines and pretty much everything else off the lander, totally wrecked it. But they were alive, so...there is that.

Time to cut our losses. We've done what we came for, our priority now is to get those kerbals home! The boys at the VAB thanked me for mercifully not installing a life support mod (yet) and rushed to design a replacement lander. They got it on the launchpad before you can say Kerman.

Lessons learned, I think, this one is a success. Bardrin and Samler had a relatively uneventful trip home.

Well. That's it. Curtains down. I have done what I set out to do with my first ever KSP career playthrough. I learned a lot, did a little of everything - lots left to explore, so much potential, so many ideas! But this ends my first space program. Tomorrow I turn over a new stone and start playing a slightly more serious / realism oriented playthrough. Likely with lots of mods, but I'm not entirely settled on what exactly I want to do yet.

Edited by Kyrt Malthorn

I launched the Grand Tour Ship to Jool.

Now i'm playing with nodes to adjust two gravity assists (Tylo and Laythe), only 1500 m/s to be captured by Laythe, trying to have better. Without gravity assists insertion burn is 3100 m/s, so i'll save 1600 m/s, no aerobraking, the Ion ship is not designed for it.

The mass of the refuel tanks for the lander kills the deltaV of the Ion ship (it does not like heavy payload), so i'm aiming Jool/Laythe/Tylo to drop these tanks quickly.

UG8ISF3.png

R7SQTlM.png

OPUCgHi.png

Edit : now only 550 m/s to be captured by Laythe, nice gravity assists + tangential trajectory

Edited by xebx