What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Snagged (and diverted) a Class D rock on an impact course. Safely diverted into a highly elliptical polar orbit with about two hours to spare.

kl44XxP.png

L8FYFkj.png

The science boffins on Kerbin have taken to calling it Delta-Vee due to the high resource concentrations onboard, some of which will be hopefully used to power future spacecraft.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

Spent time in the simulator refining a lander design for the next phase of my Duna campaign. A base has already been delivered to the Duna surface and an orbital habitat and lab is ready in a high parking orbit above Kerbin. The lander will be attached to the habitat and sent on course to Duna to be closely followed by the crew transfer vehicle.

Jeb, Bob & Bill practiced landings in the simulator and were able to land within 100m (99.6m) of the base without using an auto pilot!

MEVTutm.png

YGhCcOC.png

E5zSFJp.png

Kerbin Orbital Station I is complete and in operation! The "setup crew" is on its way home, stopping to pick up a couple of stranded Kerbals from LKO along the way, and the "run crew" is on the job.

Also created a Progress analogue to supply the station... principally topping off fuel and monoprop tanks and delivering EVA/KAS type supplies.

I sent a compact probe to eve that entered the atmosphere with a perapsis of 40 km.(had to cheat a bit due to SOE change glitch, but i changed it back to the same perapsis) By the time the craft had slowed down, the heat shield only had 25ish units of ablator left, given that I entered the atmosphere at 7km per second, I honestly thought the probe was gonna burn up. Unfortunately, it landed near the poles, and all I have a basic solar panels, so it takes forever to get enough charge to transmit my data.

I also have an inbound Duna mission piloted by Valentina, and a planned Dres lander in a parking orbit around kerbin almost ready to leave.

Last night began with the Mun Buggy's descent from Munport to the Northwest Crater, with Val, Jeb and Orlie aboard. Naturally I picked a landing zone with greater than ten degrees of grade, so the landing took two tries, but eventually I got the craft down safe. Jeb got out and took a surface sample and EVA report, and planted a flag for good measure; Val also got her flag-planting ticket punched. Everything done, the craft returned to Munport, where Jeb processed the science in the station's lab and then the trio transferred back to Bockscar for the journey back to Kerbin along with the four science experiments (two Jeb gathered plus two from a previous trip). Bockscar successfully returned to the Kerbinport space station, the science was processed there as well, and the three tourists aboard Bockscar were loaded into the Raven spaceplane docked at the station, again along with the four science experiments. That gives me six tourists - Rayny, Ludock, Orlie, Clauca, Tesei and Thomman - aboard the Raven. The craft is at capacity Kerbal-wise with only tourists aboard; good thing there's a probe core installed on the craft. I'm just hoping the Raven doesn't quoth "nevermore" this time around; my last attempt to land one ended poorly, and this time there are three tourist contracts on the line...

While Bockscar was heading back to Kerbin, the Carrier Pigeon 7 intermunar tug hauling a new version Project Peacock 7a arrived at Mun and successfully rendezvoused with Munport. The two craft were undocked from one another and subsequently docked seperately to Munport, with the remaining fuel from the Pigeon transferred to the Peacock. Verise was then loaded aboard the Peacock, where I discovered that the tools necessary to repair the Sojourner ore-scanner probe had indeed been loaded aboard. The repair mission commenced at once and was successful; with this set of repairs, my errors in the launch of the first three Sojourner probes have all been rectified, and ore-drilling operations on Mun can commence (finally). Verise then had a pretty hairy return to Munport; the plane changes drained the Peacock's fuel to the point where the craft only had 26 m/s of delta-V remaining on main thrust. The final rendezvous had to be done on RCS thrusters only. Fortunately, the Peacock is a pretty light craft - 6.5 tonnes fully loaded and 4.5 tonnes empty - and has more in the way of RCS thrusters than she probably needs. The craft returned successfully to Munport and docked with about 45% of its monopropellant remaining. The Mun is pretty much out of gas at this point, so the sooner I can set up drilling ops, the better. That may very easily be my next order of business when play next resumes.

While all this was going on, Kerbolport 7-3 arrived in solar orbit. I made some moderately serious bux from that - √330k, to be exact. I was offered two contracts to replace that one, a flag planting contract for Mun (which figures since Mun is out of gas at the moment), which I took, and one to transfer 2100 units of ore from Duna to Ike, with a payout of just shy of √1M. I'm still considering that one - considering the infrastructure necessary, I couldn't imagine that one being profitable. And yet...

Edited by capi3101

You may remember my previous post wherein I explained how KSP gave me a sense of nausea during my first "Rescue stranded Kerbal" contract. I have done four or five of them now and it is getting old hat. Enough so that I made a mistake. I launched my basic rescue craft, tweaked the orbit, got a rendezvous after about an orbit and a half, and switched over to Thomoly so he could EVA his way over to the rescue craft. He makes the 500m journey without incident or difficulty, grabs on the lander can that I use for rescues,...

And sees Jeb with a huge grin on his face waving to him from inside.

Thomoly: "Jeb! What are you doing in there?!"

Jeb: "I heard you were up here, so I thought I'd come visit. It was really handy that this craft was coming right to you. Made it easy."

From Mission Control, Gene joins the conversation: "Jeb! How did you even get on the ship?!"

Jeb: "Some of the engineers went for snacks when they were rolling it off the assembly line (you guys build a lot of those) and I thought, 'I bet I could go visit my good friend Thomoly in that craft' so I jumped on board."

Thomoly, in tears that are puddling into spheres in front of his eyes: "It's a one seat rescue craft! I'm gonna die up here! I don't wanna die Jeb! You've killed me!"

Jeb: "Calm down. You're going to land in this can. It's been proven many times already to work just fine."

Gene: "What about you, Jeb? That just means you'll die in space instead."

Jeb: "Oh, I'm going to go wait in Thomoly's derelict cockpit until you send up another one."

Gene: "Jeb. It is now 4 km away from you and drifting fast."

Jeb: "Is it? Oops, better go."

So now I have to send up a second rescue craft. Thomoly did land safely and I fulfilled the contract, but a lot of the profit is going straight into fetching the idiotic and beloved Jebediah now "safely" in Thomoly's former cockpit.

What did I do in KSP today? I roleplayed three Kerbal characters in an accident on the fly. It was fun.

Update: Jeb successfully retrieved (I won't say "rescued" since he went up into the situation knowingly).

Edited by Gods315Pawn

I had to start a new career as my New Horizon career stopped asking me to explore. So I have an outer planet mod with arkas and asclepius career going on now. I sent a space station to minmus today. Along with 2 satellites, a lander for 5 and all I needed to rescue 2 kerbals and recover 2 parts. Next time I ll send the mining rig to have a good pit stop around minmus.

KSP_MinmusSS_OPM_01.jpgKSP_MinmusSS_OPM_02.jpg

KSP_MinmusSS_OPM_04.jpg

KSP_MinmusSS_OPM_03.jpg

Came back on a free return a little fast. Had to ditch the rocket after using the remaining fuel to help with a de-acceleration burn. It blew up moments after release.

cjIX8vf.png

The Flight through the atmosphere was INTENSE. Left me with 0 on ablative armour.

3m7nX9e.png

Landed a small air powered aircraft in the desert. Busted off the engine and ruled out a quick trip to the badlands and poles.. But I got a nice picture out of it.

nRyeZno.png

Yay complicated transfers. I started in a near-polar orbit of Ike, which in New Horizons is in an inclined orbit of Jool. I needed to get Vix, which is in an equatorial but highly eccentric of Jool.

21982748340_525f5fb2e2_h.jpg

But I made it to Vix, which is from Kerbol Plus.

22164872072_d8d7b3ddd1_h.jpg

Then another fiddly transfer to Leouch, the next regular moon out from Ike. This pic shows the inclination difference more clearly.

22187773961_234bd8aa3e_h.jpg

And descended into the abyss. These cliffs are over 10 km high, and the air pressure at the bottom makes Eve's surface look like a vacuum.

21990642599_38c1f01f25_h.jpg

I went to the sun today (Kerbol), or near it anyway... closest I've been yet. I made a ship with a heat-shield umbrella, which by the time the ship got to 303051k they ablated away - but didn't totally disappear, that happened later. It was a tedious flight having to constantly time-warp and then drop out of warp so to reorient the ship and keep the umbrella facing the sun (a process which began after passing inside the orbit of Moho). By the time the ship was about 180000k away, the forward parts of the ship started to disintegrate/explode; The science instruments went first, although I got science from them before they did :cool:, followed by the batteries... after that, the forward-most heat-shield exploded leaving a gap in the umbrella. After that, the ship was pretty much done for. No Kerbals were onboard, this was a probe. At at distance of 142373k the ship finally folded, it just went POOF and disappeared. I'm considering it a success, did what I had hoped to do - collect science from "Near The Sun".

The ship in transit...

OQ8B8Qf.png

Last shot before it went POOF...

yhz9qeL.png

Edited by LordFerret

Yesterday, I was on KSP for an project to win an stage to ESA with a 3 modules-repair-vessel, the V. Von Braun so I launch the 3 modules with the same launcher (thanks to my HPD Three) to prove its effectiveness and I record the launches with MechJeb like ESA's launchers but MechJeb is so effectiveness too I'm in a 100x100 orbit with 1/50 of the fuel of my first stage with all the modules ! And I've the second stage too ! So I'll use it to do the rendezvous but I don't think leaving so many debris in LKO (sorry, LEO :-) is a good thing !

EDIT : And now, I have finished to place my three Equipment Setup : a rover at the south pole of Kerbin, a comm-sat and a rover at Mün and the same equipment on Duna, just rest Eve !

Edited by TheGeekno72

I had some fun in Sandbox mode playing around with some rockets. I made a first stage that consisted of a SRB-KD25 solid fuel booster with four BACC solid fuel boosters on radial decouplers, just for the heck of it. It went like a bat out of #3!!, though it was virtually uncontrollable. Fun, though!

Had another hard drive fail today. It's rather odd that since Installing Win 10, I've lost two and never a single one before that...
I've had drive failures in Windows 7 installs. I don't believe it's anything to do with Windows as such, just that a new install involves a lot of writes which could push a drive at the end of its life "over the edge".