What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

9 hours ago, Val said:

Your awesome looking design inspired me to make something similar. I've never managed to make a VTOL capable SSTO spaceplane before.

So I shamelessly stole some design features from your Gallifrey and applied them to my own SSTO Z-2 High-Five.

The result was the SSTO I-2 Galiano

Nice, awesome work!

I've mainly been practicing flying mine. I haven't done many VTOLs so I've had a lot to learn. So far I've found that maintaining some forward speed when landing helps, about 30-40 m/s touchdown speed is ideal but I've done as slow as 10. Trying to climb or descend vertically at any speed tends to pitch the plane, I saw you found the same effect. I can get down in tricky terrain, but am not very precise yet.

23871725291_5b4d19fdfc_h.jpgscreenshot319 by cantab314, on Flickr

After 3-and-a-half years in space, which is actually a very fast trajectory, the "Shawarmus" has arrived at OPM's Sarnus, carrying a sustainable mining base lander contraption (intended mainly as a life support refueling station) and an obscene amount of lag. About 8 real-life hours of deceleration at a whopping 18 centimeters per second... still several hours to go.

SQSeh0q.png

Just at the right edge of Sarnus in that image, hiding behind the rings, is the base's target: Eeloo (this planet mod makes it a moon of Sarnus, which is about the same distance from the sun as Eeloo normally is). A scanner probe was sent about 100 days ahead of Shawarmus to map the planet-turned-moon, and fortunately it seems to have plenty of ore to fuel the base's greenhouse and array of fuel cells.

Sbt84XB.png

17 hours ago, Fearless Son said:

Consider equipping it with a drill.  Then you can fill up your ore tanks without needing to get a shipment of it from elsewhere.  

I considered this option, but I lack the experience with the new small drill and generally in mining around Kerbin. I had the impression that I need a certain resource density to fill the tanks, and this design doesn't really allow me to make detours - driving the ore on land feels extremely dangerous. To be frank, underwater driving feels the same: I can't EVA down there, so a flip, or minor damage means I need an ocean-rescue, and I need to take the crew back to the shore I started, as I found no way to replace the vessel in the sea. So the best I can safely do with this design is like 15m/s without phisics warp. That means I only leave land when I really really need to.

Though it does worth a try to put a drill on the next replacement vehicle - it might save me a few air-drops.

I tested my Ore-truck dropping system, full success (15 ton mobile miner with small ISRU and KLAW).

For the curious i shared a tutorial with the craftfile here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/128615-advanced-career-vehicle-drop-in-atmosphere/

qq7nyF9.png

Edited by Mikki
Details, typos:D

I completed assembling my Duna transfer stage. It has all you need for a long term mission. A lander, a lab and a mining rig. Sadly it is running with only 4 fps. It has only 295 parts and I'm not sure why it is running that bad. I had much much bigger assemblies before 1.0.5 and they ran much better :( The bad performance takes the fun out of it.

KDJ1R4t.png

Edited by Mat2ch

43 minutes ago, Mat2ch said:

I completed assembling my Duna transfer stage. It has all you need for a long term mission. A lander, a lab and a mining rig. Sadly it is running with only 4 fps. It has only 295 parts and I'm not sure why it is running that bad. I had much much bigger assemblies before 1.0.5 and they ran much better :( The bad performance takes the fun out of it.

I also just crashed badly my PC, tryed to merge my 315 part asparagus monster lifter with a double fairing in fairing payload with about 180 parts, CTD, virtual runtime error. This was doable before somehow.

1 hour ago, Mikki said:

I also just crashed badly my PC, tryed to merge my 315 part asparagus monster lifter with a double fairing in fairing payload with about 180 parts, CTD, virtual runtime error. This was doable before somehow.

Your problem looks like the usual 32bit memory limitation problem.

But mine, I'm not sure. I really hope 1.1 brings a performance boost, otherwise I'll have to look for another favorite game

I landed on the mun in career mode! ...Yes, that is major for me. :P

(I'll see if I can get the pictures to UPLOAD ALREADY... ugh.)

EDIT: I've also been messing around with remote tech... Can't wait for 1.1 so that I can actually use my 8 GBs of RAM and my 6-core Vishera for KSP... :/

Edited by ronnie4444
Added another bit of text

In Ksp my kerbals are getting ready for 4 times the ram twice the cpu clock speed 4times the graphics card speed and 12 usb  ports and a 20 inch monitor and a new rig in general. So now the kerbals can build rockets that are 4 times the part count.

20 hours ago, Triop said:

From what mod these parts come from ?

I recently added thes mods to KSP105 for aircraft fun.

LanderTek_-_modular_lander_parts..._for_landing-0.5
 -for the flat fueltanks

RetroFuture_space-plane_parts-0.1
-cabins, propeller stuff

Firespitter-7.1.5
-rotor blades

Kerbal_Aircraft_Expansion_KAX-KAX_v2.6.1.0

Big-s wing strake make goods fuel tanks , instead of lander tech tanks.

Made a better Huey. Hard to fly ....and land. 

screenshot190.png

Today I worked on my "Scott's Feather" replica from @baconfortress's YouTube series (Tekto's episode).

This was the Original :
tobvsWO.png

And so after not understanding I could not tweaksize parts even after installing the mods, I realized I did not need "Tweakable everything" but rather Tweakscale...
And the most recent version, not the outdated one.  So I started building, pausing, watching the YouTube video, take notes, resume building... 
Here is what I came up with :
u8Ghcav.png

8LdZeOV.png

ZyCmgVL.png

GtiaSNy.png

(Sorry that last one is dark as I was looking from under it).

So I only added all the stock science experiments and 2 ladders to climb on top to collect said science.
Current stats are as follow: 77 parts, 15.4 tonnes, 2200 Delta-V, and 39400 electricity to power the propellers.
Unfortunately they do not produce enough thrust to lift 'Scott's Feather' at Kerbin,  but should not have any problem on Tekto when 1.1 finally hits.

Mission accomplished !  Again a huge thank you to everyone who helped me gather all the mods I needed, and of course to Master BaconFortress.
Happy Holidays everyone !

Edited by Francois424