What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

It's of no use, I have to make the best out of my slideshow called Duna mission. Watch the fire aerobrake. You can dip down to 20 km without a problem and usually this should slow you down enough to make an orbit.

Edited by Mat2ch

8 hours ago, algwat said:

Is bigger better? It fly's  but lands really badly( maybe that's me)....

I didn't think dual-rotor designs would need a tail boom? Or does firespitter not allow for counter-rotating parts?

Meanwhile, I crashed into a crashed vessel...

RxfMd9q.png

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Test landed a supposed-to-be-manned supposed-to-be-rover on Eve. Front wheels burned up, back set of heat shields didn't detach and I landed it in water. Also, this was a "surface outpost" contract, and it didn't count the "on wheels" part as fulfilled. Rare wheels where still in tact, so yeah... (I'm playing on 1.0.4, so I don't know if the contract still wouldn't trigger in 1.0.5, nor whether this would sink (it probably would))

7adb5b2193.jpg

I finally started the RSS/RP-0 campaign I badly wanted to do after seeing Scott Manley's latest series on it. It took a week or so of fiddling around with mod installations and auto pruner and etc. etc., but I finally set it up to be relatively stable (it only crashes every four or five scene transitions!) and fairly quick-loading yesterday. So, naturally, today I was mostly playing that. I built airplanes. A lot of airplanes. Big airplanes (well, as big as they would let me), small airplanes, fast airplanes (840 m/s! Any faster and the engines would explode. Literally, they're running at 795 K and have a max temperature of 800 K), slow airplanes (DNE is about 200 m/s or so...), every kind of airplane.

I was particularly proud of the two airplanes I built using Derwent Vs and no other powerplant that could exceed the speed of sound in level flight. In reality, that wasn't really achieved with jet airplanes until considerably more sophisticated and powerful engines were available. Another one I'm proud of is the ~5,000 km range drone that can cruise at Mach 2.8 at 25,000 meters altitude, a bit like the Lockheed D-21. Only mine, well, works, and it uses Avons instead of ramjets (which I haven't actually unlocked yet). I'm thinking of writing a kOS program for it to automatically do a surveillance run of the biomes easily available from Satish Dhawan (where I decided to have my base), then return to base. That would be tricky but doable, I think.

So far, I haven't actually launched any rockets...

11 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I didn't think dual-rotor designs would need a tail boom? Or does firespitter not allow for counter-rotating parts?

Not really that technical, just trying out what balances and fly's. lots of things to tweak....

Flying and landing better now, hover works great...so, formed the Low and Slow squad..with a new medium size config. Just needs a new paint job...

screenshot207.pngscreenshot210.png

Edited by algwat

ZVLha41.png

Haven't even reached the -1k mark and the seafloor is already screwing with me.

VjiwIGo.png

bMpKfZg.png

Bumped into the seafloor believe it or not.

UUjxZIE.png

69c9eta.png

Jondin planting a flag in what I believe to be one of the eyes of the smiley face.

YlJ3McX.png

An image of the sub resting on the seafloor at night. Just an idea of how much more terrifying the dive could've been.

2AwrrLp.png

Raising the sub.

TU2M2Ca.png

Jondin had difficulty getting back into the sub, so I just tied a cable to him.

oJGrZJl.png

The Sub floating gently on the surface at long last.

2 hours ago, Mikki said:

Thats a size D... E size starts at 2500 tons to 3300+? :wink:

~25-30% signal strength E class. Fully depleted now. Only 100 tons left after harvesting. :o Other 500+ tons is from overengeneered and tweakscaled mining complex (3.75m nukes, 10m fuel tank, etc). :D