What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

46 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

The "Wheezy" engine has reversible thrust.

Upon examining the new plane, Bill Kerman spotted something wrong. "They built the $#%^ thing backwards! That's an intake on the aft end, where the the Wheesley's supposed to go. The Wheesley is at the front. It might be able to fly, if you engage the thrust reversers."

"That's all I needed to hear" said Jebediah, strapping on his helmet.

Actually, it flies pretty well, except that the faster you go, the less air the engine can get. I haven't tested it fully, as I was so amused that it flew at all, that I had to share.

I did something like that once :

Spoiler

look at the cockpit ^_^

G8GetYi.png

But today I did this :

nXXjJGv.png

Edited by Triop

I landed on the Mün, but unfortunately, the game has been glitching, and this is what happened to the screenshots: 

Also, I didn't use Hyperedit, though it's in the corner.  I use this same install for filming cinematics.  The worst part is, The last two were of the actual landing.

EDIT:

5TF1ugg.png

Bill and Jeb are stuck there until I build the refueling base there.

Edited by Guest
Add new image from after restarting KSP.

56 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

5TF1ugg.png

How can the Munar dust be pulled into such fine lines across the flat plain?  There is no atmosphere on the Mun to carry them with the breeze.  There can be only one possible explanation: you landed in one of the zen gardens of the indigenous Mun-men!  

16 minutes ago, Fearless Son said:

How can the Munar dust be pulled into such fine lines across the flat plain?  There is no atmosphere on the Mun to carry them with the breeze.  There can be only one possible explanation: you landed in one of the zen gardens of the indigenous Mun-men!  

It's a texture error in the game, I guess.  Maybe I should move it to prevent them from being raked into...

43 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

It's a texture error in the game, I guess.  Maybe I should move it to prevent them from being raked into...

Admit it, its all fake CGI from some film studios! You actually havent been to the Mün at all! :wink:

Edited by TrooperCooper

It wasn't me so much as Jeddo Kerman. He took control of an early mining vessel to help engineer Aldger Kerman dock it with a nice shiny new control module and power upgrade unit waiting in Minmus orbit. When undocking, however, all hell broke loose at Munstation 3 - the largest, ugliest spacedock in the solar system. The undocking somehow ignited one of 3 mid-sized tanks blowing half the lander towards a docked science vessel which completely dislodged and fractured. At this point, half of Munstation 3 snapped off and splintered into dozens of debris objects. Aldger Kerman ended up MIA. Jeddo Kerman was able to EVA back to the mildly damaged remaining half of the station (some debris damaged solar array) and take refuge in a small lander. An unmanned spacetug which survived the explosion was able to retrieve both halves of the snapped science vessel. It took 1 orbit to bring the tumbling lab unit with 2 scientists onboard to dock with a spare KLAW and another to retrieve the large fuel tank and attach it to the remaining KLAW - necessary to sustain Mun landing and space tug operations for a while longer. All in all very time consuming and expensive, but exciting!

For a while now, several tourists have been waiting at my E-Class station. They booked tickets to Eve and Gilly. Considering the last Eve design relied heavily on freezing kerbals for the transit, a new design was made.

Considering the large amount of screenshots, I dropped it into an album. Designing a lift concept that worked was interesting. Hadn't expected to need "more boosters" with 4 Rhinos...

It has significant cost, a bit more than half a million funds. However, when it enters Eve orbit it will fulfill a station contract which will negate the costs. The income from the tourists will then be pure profit.

The design had to be this big since I use USI life support. It carries supplies and a greenhouse. Basically it can stay in space for about 10 years before needing resupply.

Edited by Snarfster

On 30.12.2015 at 3:55 AM, stibbons said:

One downside of using the Crew Cabin is that it doesn't have an external door. Getting two kerbals in requires the pilot go on EVA. Some slightly annoying shuffling.

I know that problem, my early rescue crafts look like this, too. Pro tip: the pilot doesn't mind where s/he sits. shuffle the pilot to the crewcabin right away, so you have room in the capsule. If you do multi-mission-crafts like me, keep a scientist handy to restore those nasty goo and mat-bays...

Launched an Icarus-Lifter from Kourou...

bxuIjLu.jpg

Hauling a new kind of automated vessels into space. This probe will be the first of a series of "visitor-" named interplanetary exploration tools. In order to reduce costs, they are generally designed as fly-by vessels and not going to orbit their targets...

M9q1Cvv.jpg

But this first one was going for Venus, the easiest to reach of all interplanetary destinations...

lofjGCv.png

And thus the probes 4,000 m/s of dV were just enough to enter a highly excentric orbit around the Earth' inner neighbor and begin with continuous orbital observations...

SQB4HAL.jpg

While the Venus-Visitor was on its way, I fired another tiny probe into space...

r8KOrbU.jpg

Which became the first geostationary sattelite (fuel calculations almost spot-on), to strike that off the to-do list...

J5o4Ljx.jpg

While the Gemini Project has generally ended, in the background I have begun to develop the tools needed for the upcoming Apollo Project... most importantly an equivalent to the Saturn V lifter rocket. So far its all just theoretical work and numbers crunching. The so far most advanced and still unnamed concept is shown below with a demo-payload of 150 tons on top of it (golden tank). Hasnt flown yet, not even in a KCT-simulation... and I first would need to upgrade the launchpad anyway to be able to hold this behemoth. It is also still able to ruin me financially and the industry could use a few upgrades too to reduce production time...  (using hangar extender, sorry for the out-of-scope background)...

1OfToME.jpg

Wanna take a look below? :D  Yep, thats 40 of them in clusters of 5 each... I can already see that thing making my neighbors scream when its taking off. :lol:

PPRZKyV.jpg

Edited by TrooperCooper