What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

7 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Are you going to make an Atlas V?  I'd like that.

Possibly! If I can get lots of good numbers for the various parts (lengths, diameters, thrust, ISP, fuel capacity mass, dry masses, etc). Some of the more established rockets have decent data available.

13 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Possibly! If I can get lots of good numbers for the various parts (lengths, diameters, thrust, ISP, fuel capacity mass, dry masses, etc). Some of the more established rockets have decent data available.

I'm willing to help.

I worked on another Interplanetary Ship, featuring a 3-configuration Main craft in the front (Re-entry, Low-G worlds, High-G worlds), the main drive in the center with the 12x 250kn Nuclear Engines, and the Miner at the back.
This thing is in testing right now and needs more powerful RCS (Tweakscaling regular RCS Port to 4x size did not increase the force of the jets in any noticeable way), and unfortunately will need KAS mod.  Without struts, this thing jus does not fly straight at all.  This ship was possible because of TweakScale and Procedural Tanks, and tops off at 247 parts, struts included.  It still lags unfortunately, which really reinforce the need for better KSP performance, but it is tolerable.

- The fully assembled ship, fueled, does 9577 Delta-V (~30% more than my old 'Odysseus' ship of last month). Room for 7 kerbals (The 4 musketeers + 1 of each class as backup).
(EDIT: Umm, looks like I forgot to put the 4-kerbal Hitchhiker on for the testing...  Okay this version only have room for 5 kerbals... I fixed but not on the picture... Total dV drops to 9'504 so it's fine)

- The Miner can haul 50k Ore from any planet/moon with 17% or less  of Kerbin's Gravity (About Eeloo gravity) but can perfectly haul 25k Ore from say, Vall. 
Without any ore and fully fueled, it has 5'100 Delta-V. It can also operate without solar influx thanks to the 6 LFO generators, which will be useful in my exploration of the OPM mod comes KSP 1.1.

- The lander in High-G configuration can handle Tylo with a TWR of 1.56 (1.77) and 4'450 Delta-V (with refueling capabilities on the surface).
 - In Low-G configuration it's Delta-V falls to 1'335 with a very good TWR far surpassing the Tylo lander, but no refueling.  Good for anything as long as I can make landing+Orbit with the tank, if not I land the High-G variant.

Pretty satisfied with the results...   Ironically, Laythe proved more challenging than Tylo and required the 2 extra Mk-55 Thuds to be able to make orbit from the surface... added weight the Tylo lander did not really need but w/e. 

Picture of that 1863 tons / 3'000'000 kerbucks monster while testing in orbit (Front / side view) :

izzmWMn.png

zCPQclw.png

Edited by Francois424

25 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

Interplanetary Ship

And boy, is it a rotund one! Impressive :)

I finally installed 1.0.5 after some time away from KSP yesterday, then spent a while building stuff in RSS. It kinda looks like an Europa replica, only not really because I used other engines for stages 1 and 2.

pESrYVR.png?1

The third is pretty close, though :P

Wou9SUt.png?1

Edited by Ravenchant

32 minutes ago, dangerhamster said:

Good lord! Does it have it's own gravity?:cool:

Does not appear that it does nope...  But it's still undergoing tweaking; just added an RCS tug  I had forgotten to do the assembly, and I'm still missing the 2,5m base to 10m inflatable Heatshield.

Now that I think about it, it does feel quite heavy when loading and/or transitioning to the Launchpad.   Thank god the final version will be assembled in orbit in about 3-4 launches.

Oh and make that 3,7 million Kerbucks / 1875 tons / 281 parts (woo, more lag... where are you 1.1?).  :D

Edited by Francois424

Flew to Kerbin's south pole. Just because :)

mmpSYys.pngUnloading one of the two rovers that were loaded on the BUFF.

1DL6S04.pngGlory shot, just before heading to the actual pole. (Didn't dare to land right on it, with all the Kraken stories you hear.)

19 minutes ago, the torturer of kerbals said:

i messed around with bd armory and ended up with a ton of useless junk orbiting kerbin :cool::kiss:

You probably were torturing Kerbals.

I haven't built rockets in a while. 

Today I tried going to the Mun. Yeah...

...The thing flying away very quickly is a single SRB that didn't quite stage properly and detached along with the docking clamps, leaving my rocket to well...

...You know the rest. 

8E31EFB683E49A176FF447F1F0E87E4E420FDF11

I also hooked up an old joystick and spent an hour tweaking and re-tweaking the sensitivity. 

Added some cool looking fins onto the back of my nuclear tug design...

musCI7k.jpg

Not because they looked cool but because they help stop it flipping round and flying rear first when aero-breaking, also switched over to linear RCS ports and put comms, solar panels and backup RTG into a cargo bay for protection. It's a lot better at aero-breaking than the previous design, more stable coming in belly first and much more thermally resilient.

Edited by Bill Zarr

I sent a new docking node up to my station as well as its first crew woman, Valentina. zV3UjzP.png

Her ship with Jeb, Bill and Bob on board is seen to the lower left, Val is on EVA near the 8 or 9 o'clock spot with the station above her, Doxie Station. Mission was quick and simple taking only "2" hours and change from launch to landing.

Edited by AlamoVampire

I fiddled around trying to build a proper "Caveman seaplane" and "Caveman wingsuit," though neither effort was particularly successful. I can't seem to place floats that will make my plane, well, float, so they can't get to takeoff speed in the water, and although my first shot at a wingsuit took off and flew pretty good, I think I was just lucky...at least, I never was able to take off again...