What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Finally achieved to required tech level to have real fun with my Kolonization career.

Over the course of the week-end, i launched my heaviest-to-date payload, and landed them on Minmus.

Here is one of the modules on the launchpad:XeOM6Jo.png

I was pretty proud of myself when i managed to land the second module 28m away form the first one, good success considering it was my first attempt at a "more than biome precise" landing.

The base is not totally self-sufficient yet (ok, ok, it might be far from... lol), but with a bit of work, some mining truck and another module that i plan to build on-site, it should get there,QO9kZYd.png

I'm not so used to taking screenshots while i play, so all i have right now is another shot from a very slightly different angle. rZPPntO.png

Will make more tonight. Should try to built an Ordbital Shipyard somewhere during the evening, i'll try to capture this :)

10 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Yer i'm a 2001 fan lol

Hey fellow 2001 fan :)

Awesome Station, good plan.

Oh yeah.

Time to dust off this project. Bigger, better, faster, more. ;)

LeDnL2B.png

0yk5lZm.png

I hope I get my PC fixed till 1.1. The graphics card decided to retire from its stressful existence a few days ago. Really bad timing little buddy, but r.i.p.

3 minutes ago, KerrMü said:

Hey fellow 2001 fan :)

Awesome Station, good plan.

Oh yeah.

Time to dust off this project. Bigger, better, faster, more. ;)

LeDnL2B.png

0yk5lZm.png

I hope I get my PC fixed till 1.1. The graphics card decided to retire from its stressful existence a few days ago. Really bad timing little buddy, but r.i.p.

holy crap , I'd love the craft files for the ring and the ship , i've got a cunning plan for it lol , great build mate

Edited by Puggonaut 2

4 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

holy crap , I'd love the craft files for the ring and the ship , i've got a cunning plan for it lol , great buld mate

Thx. 

If you like I´ll send you the files as soon as my PC runs again. But man, your station is damn sweet, too. 

So long you all have fun playing and building cool stuff. Be sure I´m more than a bit jealous :D

30 minutes ago, KerrMü said:

Thx. 

If you like I´ll send you the files as soon as my PC runs again. But man, your station is damn sweet, too. 

So long you all have fun playing and building cool stuff. Be sure I´m more than a bit jealous :D

Cool would appreciate it , Wots up with yer PC , i build them as a hobby for flight sims ?

coz i'm a graphics ./ visual nut when it comes to looking at eye candy i tend to go a bit overboard on the system specs

These last 4 days in KSP...

Today I caught up through Page 912 of this thread,

Thursday I got home from a crazy week at work, loaded up KSP, clicked on the vehicle assembly building and then woke up 4 hours later,

& Yesterday built a plane that got Jeb & Bill killed (well, hospitalized, XP now gone) because I thought I would try one without parachutes.

Oh, and Saturday laughed manically when I had the brainstorm to reproduce the Kerbin System with Easter Eggs.  My younger daughter just stared at me.

5 hours ago, Draco T stand-up guy said:

I made a car to help pick up all the science around the KSC

KSP%20-%20Car_zps331iw2t7.png

Walking around the place isn't really an option but there's actually quite a bit of science there. Last outing picked up 63 science.

In total, I've harvested about 2000 science from the KSC. Fully upgraded R&D center has a lot of building biomes.

The director of the space agency gave a little speech today.

"A year after the launch and return of the first extrakerbin probe, we are ready. By the end of this decade, a Kerbal will have set foot on Duna. He will go boldly forth, exploring where none else have gone before. We expect many discoveries on this mission, and we really hope Von Kerman was right about Duna being made out of snacks. We will look into the night sky, and we will know we have been there."

The speech went on a little longer, but by then most of the listeners had gotten hungry and left. :confused:

In related news, the new and experimental Minbus brought Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Valentina back to Kerbin Station One. An equally new and experimental SSTO will pick them up from the station, but the technology to build it is still on the drawing board. They (sans Valentina) will be the first Kerbals on Duna.

Edited by msasterisk

I spent the better part of a day trying to figure dv. So far i've used 5 sheets of A4 paper.

I still don't get how this delta v claculator* gets 7188 dv while I get 7184 dv on the sheet.

*http://www.strout.net/info/science/delta-v/

Example 1

(Done by hand, at least somewhat)

(50/20)ln * (800 *9.8) = dv x

(2.5)ln * (800 * 9.8) = dv x

(0,916 * ) * (800 *9.8) = dv x

(0.916 * ) * (7840) = dv 7183.719

dv total = 7183.719 (7183.719 rounded up, as 7 is above 5 giving us 7184 dV total)

* I just reduced the amount of digits displayed. In the calculations I used the total number of digits. (2.5)ln = 0,91629073187415506518352721176801

The calculator:

I input 50 20 and 800 = 7188 dv total.

:mellow:

Example 2

(By hand again, based on another craft in LKO)

(16.33/15.5)ln * (320 * 9,80) = dv

(1,053)ln * (320 * 9,80= dv

(0,052)ln * (320 * 9,80) = dv

(0.052) * (3136) = dv

dv = 163.58

Then, the calculator gave me this result based on the same initial volumes:

16.33 15.50 320 = 163.7

^_^

Edited by TimePeriod

30 minutes ago, TimePeriod said:

I spent the better part of a day trying to figure dv. So far i've used 5 sheets of A4 paper.

I still don't get how this delta v claculator* gets 7188 dv while I get 7184 dv on the sheet.

*http://www.strout.net/info/science/delta-v/

Example 1

(Done by hand, at least somewhat)

(50/20)ln * (800 *9.8) = dv x

(2.5)ln * (800 * 9.8) = dv x

(0,916 * ) * (800 *9.8) = dv x

(0.916 * ) * (7840) = dv 7183.719

dv total = 7183.719 (7183.719 rounded up, as 7 is above 5 giving us 7184 dV total)

* I just reduced the amount of digits displayed. In the calculations I used the total number of digits. (2.5)ln = 0,91629073187415506518352721176801

The calculator:

I input 50 20 and 800 = 7188 dv total.

[snip...]

Your G constant is... imprecise;  rounding it to 9.8 will see exactly the type of differences you are seeing.  Try using 9.81 or 9.82 (or even 9.80665) and see if those results match up any better :)

Edit: Ohh, and spreadsheets are your friend for these kind of calculations :)   (spreadsheet based dv calc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1spJ-M3PJhFfzmbS6p8NZOjsCL3Sq290JSul0keFg7Iw/edit#gid=819286622 )

Edited by Shadowmage

32 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

Your G constant is... imprecise;  rounding it to 9.8 will see exactly the type of differences you are seeing.  Try using 9.81 or 9.82 (or even 9.80665) and see if those results match up any better :)

Edit: Ohh, and spreadsheets are your friend for these kind of calculations :)   (spreadsheet based dv calc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1spJ-M3PJhFfzmbS6p8NZOjsCL3Sq290JSul0keFg7Iw/edit#gid=819286622 )

Gravity pulling me down once again. Thanks for the help!

I have been waffling back and forth wether to continue my current kareer, or wait until 1.2 drops and start over.  Well, last night I did a few missions around Kerbin to placate my impatience.  I have about 250 days to wait until the optimal transfer window for Duna, and 100 days after that is a window for Eve, so in the meantime I am picking up rescue and 'expand station' contracts.  Two Kerbin rescues last night, but one was a -167 degree inclination which I thought one of my ships docked to Kerbin Stayshun could handle but it ran out of fuel before it could return, so I had to get my Mun Stayshun ship to go tug it back.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-28%20at%208.35.3

No problems though, they made it back just fine.  

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-28%20at%209.16.5

The two rescuees met up with several others on the station but were hungry and wanted to go planetside, so I built a bus to return everyone home, fulfilling the contracts and now they can start prepping for the upcoming missions to other planets.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-28%20at%2010.32.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-28%20at%2010.36.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-28%20at%2010.53.

I slightly misjudged the return trajectory, falling short of those darned mountains by only meters!  The bus had no fuel or control authority left so it was tooth-and-nail, but only very little in the way of spilled milk and soiled undies.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-28%20at%2011.09.