What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today i built 3 different satellites for my Duna mission. They will scan both Duna and Ike prior to the launch of the main mission.

The payload:

hbhnwPH.png

The T2 Pegasus III launcher will carry a total of six satellites to Duna. One set of three for each of the two worlds:

edECyEe.png

Today I fought a Kraken. I'm on a hard no saves no reverts no respawn career, and after an EVA over the ice caps I was afflicted by a bug.

Spaceship 1, which has made many successful tourist flights, suddenly was not slowed by atmospheric entry. And the heat shield wasn't working properly.

Fortunately, if I alt-f4 out it didn't kill my kerbals and gives me another go at it. But I had to do this about eight times and re-install install all my mods before the kraken relented. 

Grrr, Bug, basically.

Edited by RCgothic

some more additions to the minmus space station.  turns out that minmus orbit is kind of unstable so I had to raise the orbital altitude a bit to 50k

ITtGzuZ.png

More mun rover expeditions.  turns out that driving in the dark on the mun is hard.

oLGTu5m.png

I read on the forum that my joystick x55 rheino ( flight system with 1 joystick and 1 trust ) now work in kerbal 1.1.2
so i loaded the stock airliner in sandbox and took it for a spin and could confirm my joystick now work..    :D      THANK YOU squad  :kiss:

( I had to adjust all the winglet surfaces to 50 so the airplane was less sensitive, but after doing that it work perfect.

Friday in 1.1.1, lots of work on RockoPlane, a little Shuttle development, and built an ore scanning sat for Mun and Minmus with an ion engine. Experimentals Division finally got EJ's single-engine VTOL to the Island Airfield in one piece, but I didn't upload the screenshots since there's already a lot

Drill plane drill testing.

AF40142C62CB2EC6C23FBF85FACC3E11A6898768

Definitely has a heat and efficiency issue.

254ABA3B4A2AF6723E44F03C351A23413ADCD024

Full ore tanks, processing worked but needs additional battery for night time. Next up. Flight test with full ore tanks.

5611596564E92211EB8245E1A42876382AEF319E

Ok files well enough. Turned on processor to see if fuel would keep up with usage. It did. Just not enough electricity.

44CB89E854A9189DDD22F69B84CD2ABB49568676

Landing attempt with full ore tanks.

975969CA047EA2C2DF5379E20DD17821B5974320

Missed the runway but successfully did not explode.

67A84C2FC30407F27245BAC84BC89D6BD3DF6044

Need to hot key reverse thrust too because breaking took way to long if I want this thing to survive out in the wild.

94663882082AE60FD3BC3D7785EE9FB2B730CC3D

I had a training mission going, from Mun orbit to Minmus surface and then planning on a peek into solar orbit. But I wasn't paying close enough attention when launching from the surface into Minmus orbit, and found the 7-kerbal lander(4 aboard) blasting past Kerbin with a 700km Pe on its way to interplanetary space, out of fuel. So I launched an empty 5-seat rescue mission from Kerbin, picked up some schmuck (another scientist, yay!) in Kerbin orbit, and managed a rendezvous as the lander swung past Kerbin. I docked and rode it to interplanetary space, grabbed some science (and some milestones), pulled the crew aboard the rescue vehicle, and got them all back to Kerbin. 

Now I'm just waiting for that Duna window...

Wow, I haven't been on the forums in a while. Now that KSP 1.1 (64bit yaaay) is out, I think I'll be more active here again.

Anyways, I've been building a stock version of the ISS.

Today I made the P6 Truss and the Solar Array:

Obviously THIS isn't going to fit in my shuttle.

screenshot83.png

A pretty shot from ascent:

screenshot152.png

The payload, folded up. (Note: It was really hard to get everything to fit, and it was also super heavy. I had to strap four more engines onto the booster (Energia-Buran Style) to get it to take off!)

screenshot141.png

Rendezvous with the ISS. (Currently Zarya, Zvezda, Unity, and the Z1 Truss)

screenshot157.png

Got the P6 Truss attached! Now to do the solar arrays.

screenshot164.png

Oh boy, this is really tedious...

screenshot168.png

I got one solar array in place! That was really difficult

screenshot172.png

Aand the second girder! How many more of these tedious and frustrating docking maneuvers do I have to do?

screenshot173.png

PLUS three more of these solar arrays later on... That makes for 39 docking maneuvers for the solar arrays alone. (Assuming my math is correct, it probably isn't)

You know what, I'll finish this later. I'm going to bed... :confused:

screenshot174.png

Also does anybody know why my shuttle will tumble out of control during re-entry until I regain stability at 4000m? Am I doing something wrong or is the design of the stock "Big S" space shuttle inherently flawed?

Edited by Nutt007

i strung together some more haphazard ships for my space station.  not the most purposeful or elegant space station, but a space station none the less.  featuring a capacity of 33 crew.

ej4qEM8.png

Solved my heat issue. Tested by drilling into the runway.

4F3DFE4506A1A0DC5037B086F4D3416136C31B49

Then flight tested in case I want to send to laythe.

94C5241FDBD2D3A6A0AB70733D7BD0FB3FAE95E0

Quickly realized I'm gonna need MOAR BOOSTERS! Also, more everything else to get that much weight to Laythe.

389BBD1D61F9B282172148989C0C1E0922A0784C

Everything went really good until stage separation and for some reason 1 wing decided to break off. I also forgot to add the capability to separate the planes from the transfer stage. :huh: Next up will be reentry testing.

2C62E286721F48291422BB10766CC6396DB57BC7

BE1B74FCB6C25EEAD6EF958B2EF04E94E8A02179

It doesn't reenter well attached to a fuel tank. Ha!

EAD89E48D389D8D431C36B96C590FE2550656CDD

025A70F56D1D0E2E630919A5F76DE4E59516BBFC

@Bigbootie You can add 'toggle thrust reverser' (last option in action group) to your breaks action group, and as long as your brakes are active, thrust will be reversed.
This works with the hotkey, as well as with the altimeter toggle button. I use this on all planes with reversable thrust - it's highly effective and responsive.
-Khorso

18 hours ago, Nutt007 said:

Wow, I haven't been on the forums in a while. Now that KSP 1.1 (64bit yaaay) is out, I think I'll be more active here again.

Anyways, I've been building a stock version of the ISS.

Today I made the P6 Truss and the Solar Array:

Spoiler

Obviously THIS isn't going to fit in my shuttle.

screenshot83.png

A pretty shot from ascent:

screenshot152.png

The payload, folded up. (Note: It was really hard to get everything to fit, and it was also super heavy. I had to strap four more engines onto the booster (Energia-Buran Style) to get it to take off!)

screenshot141.png

Rendezvous with the ISS. (Currently Zarya, Zvezda, Unity, and the Z1 Truss)

screenshot157.png

Got the P6 Truss attached! Now to do the solar arrays.

screenshot164.png

Oh boy, this is really tedious...

screenshot168.png

I got one solar array in place! That was really difficult

screenshot172.png

Aand the second girder! How many more of these tedious and frustrating docking maneuvers do I have to do?

screenshot173.png

PLUS three more of these solar arrays later on... That makes for 39 docking maneuvers for the solar arrays alone. (Assuming my math is correct, it probably isn't)

You know what, I'll finish this later. I'm going to bed... :confused:

screenshot174.png

Also does anybody know why my shuttle will tumble out of control during re-entry until I regain stability at 4000m? Am I doing something wrong or is the design of the stock "Big S" space shuttle inherently flawed?

I just realized I forgot the solar arrays on Zvezda and Zarya.

kill me

5 hours ago, Wild Cobra said:

Have my first two sections of a larger Mun base:

What's holding your 4 main rockets together? Only struts? Hard to tell from the photos. How did you get them symmetrical?

1 hour ago, Khorso said:

@Bigbootie You can add 'toggle thrust reverser' (last option in action group) to your breaks action group, and as long as your brakes are active, thrust will be reversed.
This works with the hotkey, as well as with the altimeter toggle button. I use this on all planes with reversable thrust - it's highly effective and responsive.
-Khorso

Thanks! I learn new ways to do stuff every day. I'm almost certainly doing stuff the hard way in some cases.

38 minutes ago, Bigbootie said:

What's holding your 4 main rockets together? Only struts? Hard to tell from the photos. How did you get them symmetrical?

The fuel tanks will surface mount to each other. The Docking Port Sr. holds the fuel tank to the passenger sections. Then yes, struts for strength and stability that the docking ports don't give.

This thing is a real pain to build, and I have poor balancing which affects my docking when I move tanks rockets around. My fourth lainch, I gave the tanks the ability to remote control. I think I'll strap them together, only keep a few with most the fuels transferred, and crash the rest in the Mun.

I am this far, with four launches:

screenshot8_zpszcahvhfr.png

Edited by Wild Cobra