What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Launched my Duna project in my 1.1 career...

Mammoth class lifter taking off from KSC...

gx6gqm7.jpg

It deployed a lander and tanker plus travel equipment into orbit,,,

EpGGunX.jpg

Next up a 5,000 tons heavy giant took off, to deliver a whole station into Duna orbit...

dXoXgAh.jpg

Breaching through the clouds...

fMB8UC7.jpg

Dropping the launch boosters...

0yesKd5.jpg

Finally, after a carefull vertical ascent,... burning into orbit...

A2fJpSi.jpg

Three month later the whole setup deployed to Duna orbit...

gtXohX2.jpg

Next up Jeb led a team of four Kerbals aboard the Duna Traveller version of the Pegasus CTV...

5896Gol.jpg

The voyage to the red planet had begun...

IIcB4IG.jpg

Departing low orbit, trans Duna injection burn...

hOcclgO.jpg

Entering interplanetary space...

J4K6hKX.jpg

Incoming to Duna...

zvHDsmg.jpg

After a long flight, the fragile spaceship arrived at Duna Station...

Mo3uhoF.jpg

The Kerbalnauts docked up and went on board. After switching the life support systems on and deploying the inflatable habitat, they are now preparing for their next step: landing on the surface...

8zKaB35.jpg

Built an SSTO after watching Das do his, flew to minmus and ran out of fuel. Jeb decided he wanted some ice cream and even though it was risky he felt it was worth it.

Edited by GeneralMDBK
Trying to embed my album.

I advanced far enough to unlock RAPIERs in my 1.1.2 career and had fun making SSTOs today. I wanted to make a nice, easy to fly vanilla SSTO before adding more spaceplane parts.
I also landed Jeb, Bill and Bob on the Mun, since Jeb hijacked the previous Minmus orbital science mission and landed the orbiter in the Great Flats. A better lifter, a few landing legs and Jeb is now a happy kerbal!

1 hour ago, Draconiator said:

Leviathan Station is now online.  The largest thing I have ever launched, thanks to 1.1:

519889e39f26420cc1fc2708ce88ec20.png

Nice, what was the mass and part count on the pad?

Today, I had to retrieve Bob from the orbiting MinLab due to a medical emergency. I forgot to put any solar panels on the ship I launched, but it had plenty of battery capacity, and was able to recharge when it docked to the station. It also ventured down to the MinBase to get some crew experience, and Bill KAS'd some batteries over to charge it up. With careful battery management, I was also able to do a quick peek into kerbolar orbit before returining to Kerbin to finish the training run

Started a new career on Hard difficulty with a bunch of mods like RemoteTech, Unmanned before Manned, Strategia, KCT (prerelease).

Seems like a better difficulty option, playing on hard. I like it. You actually have to work to get things unlocked and build up the KSC. I am progressing though. Got probes and kerbals into orbit, got mission control and tracking station upgraded. Still gotta do launch pad and VAB ASAP, but as long as I got tracking station, I can plot maneuver nodes and set my flight computers to carry them out so I can start building my communications networks and sending probes to the mun. On normal difficulty, it's like all that happens way too quickly and easily.

Continued with my Duna project...

kpAEMNT.jpg

Jeb, Bill and Bob leaving the orbital station to land on the surface...

8Vqzp3h.jpg

First steps on the surface (yep, I forgot to deploy the landing legs :P )...

2svHdqT.jpg

They also payed Ike a short visit...

hX4Ft76.jpg

Eventually, after a long time of crunching the scientific results in the stations labs, the team left Duna behind and headed back home. The mission was later on repeated by another crew, led by Valentina...

BozeAxB.jpg

Ribson in charge of the Mk2 mining buggy arrived off Duna aboard a Deliverance. Peeking out through the cargo bay doors he finally realised why there was such competition to get (to) the first base there.......

screenshot87_zps9l0i0e1b.png

Safely delivered to the surface he set off in search of the promised ore concentration.

screenshot89_zpsdeqiv9pg.png

screenshot90_zpszwls5w4m.png

Finding only low readings he checked the Kerbalstar navigation system and found he had landed 150km downrange of the intended site.... And due to a slight oversight he had no antenna to report back. After briefly considering driving 100 or so km north to the Ickle Rover and lashing up a comms device he rejected that plan due to a nagging feeling he might be plagiarising. So he decided to stick both kinds of music (country and western) on the stereo and take a relaxing drive to the target area.