What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I sent the first 3 crewmembers to my newly built Mun base, and pulled off my first surface docking during landing. It was more difficult than I imagined, and I'm now even more impressed by SpaceX landing their booster on the seaplatform. Space veteran Jebediah Kerman also came for a visit to see how the new recruits are settling in at the base. The base isn't quite finished yet, it needs a storage module for fuel (gonna store any ore in the mining truck I'm designing), a comm array and also a cooling rig and more solar panels to run the ore converter.

20160514002125_1_zpsamj9fu9r.jpg

20160514165515_1_zpsxodhcxci.jpg

20160514165615_1_zpsoiom0swb.jpg

20160514165701_1_zpsxdtta46o.jpg

"Hello? Anybody home?"

Edited by Mjarf

After zilion times finally fully working RO+RSS+other mods, and now after fixing x64 win for no more crashes all the time, enjoying in launching 800 tons rockets.

screenshot1.png

Second Earth LO Bus for 6 Kerbonauts :)

Launched a space station expansion with a crew return taxi. I love lifting such long payloads like this, replacing struts with docking ports (set to stage with the decouplers) that auto-connect on the pad. Very rigid. It was also fun to do a Shuttle-style launch, ramping up the LRBs to full thrust before firing the SRBs and releasing the launch clamps simultaneously.

BWdpKrV.png

Also, the D.O.L.T. (Duna Orbiter Lander Tandem) arrived in the Duna system and completed the "Duna Flyby,"  "Explore Duna" and "Explore Ike" contracts, It used an experimental NERV engine to be tested in solar orbit, and tested again in Duna orbit. A very profitable mission!

KFSDTsv.png

Last but not least, an un-named engineer posed with a mysterious craft on the Mun while trying to unlock its secrets

5HwIk3n.png

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Today, my Duna Trek mission came to a good end. All 7 kerbonauts returned safely to Kerbin, after exploring Duna and Ike.

The main mission craft - Mission: bring crew, landers and all equipment to Duna and back home to Kerbin

szh9pUD.png

Rhino Konstellation Mk. II - Mission: Kerbaled Duna landing and surface exploration

A4lbI72.png

Mole science carrier - Mission: High orbit survey

DaWqPtN.png

Solar Bird - Mission: High altitude atmosphere survey

oU9at7h.png

Oktopode lander & mobile habitat - Mission: Kerbaled Ike landing and surface exploration

PtRv6z4.png

A detailed mission report with many more screenshots will follow SOON™ in a separate thread.

[EDIT] - The mission report is available now. Please check my signature for the link.

Edited by Frank_G

Time to build my ISS

RSS: After about 20 launches I finally figured out the right RO engines and boosters to get the shuttle into a LEO. I managed a 400km circularized orbit while taking the max payload size (3m x 11m) at 20 tonnes (44000 lbs). Testing complete

Album http://imgur.com/a/9jYXT   

ISS http://i.imgur.com/t01MKV1.jpg

Space Shuttle System http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/132975-space-shuttle-system-112/&page=1

893RY73.jpg

zk4XUKE.jpg

V7tV8P1.jpg

Edited by hellblazer

Played around with rover designs today and somehow wound up making this thing... 

It's surprisingly stable and very fast, got it up to approx. 45 m/s.

20160516013417_1_zpsq276hbwv.jpg

Edited by Mjarf

Designed a portapotty to be constructed and deployed by my EL rover as it circumnavigates.

Any stranded Kerbonauts will be able to sit and relieve themselves while awaiting rescue.

Self-cleaning and replenishing with the greenhouse and drill, and doubles as a communications relay.

KSP_TACLS_Portapotty.png

I had been launching like crazy for an upcoming Eve transfer window, and last night and today I completed most of the mission objectives.  I launched (and refueled) a Science Smasher with a few ion scooters, a refueling ring station {and tanker drone}, and a @Rune Base In A Box (and an ore scanner probe).  The Science Smasher dropped an ion scooter for a surface rescue, then "landed" successfully at Gilly to refuel and grab science.   The Base In A Box landed safe enough in the microgravity using only my Nuke Tug Bus, but I'll need to revert and take the base pieces out and attach them one by one with a tug so they don't all float off :) 

3 hours ago, PointySideUp said:

I had been launching like crazy for an upcoming Eve transfer window, and last night and today I completed most of the mission objectives.  I launched (and refueled) a Science Smasher with a few ion scooters, a refueling ring station {and tanker drone}, and a @Rune Base In A Box (and an ore scanner probe).  The Science Smasher dropped an ion scooter for a surface rescue, then "landed" successfully at Gilly to refuel and grab science.   The Base In A Box landed safe enough in the microgravity using only my Nuke Tug Bus, but I'll need to revert and take the base pieces out and attach them one by one with a tug so they don't all float off :) 

Nice! Good to see my stuff making long distance trips. And with such a weak gravity, with patience, you should be able to put it together without any issues. Remember the rover has a six degrees of freedom monprop RCS!

Rune. Gotta work on how I would drop it into Eve proper.

I just tested my mod on mun after a good mun landing sadly missed the old mun base though I did manage to save munaly kerman after my pod crashed. Now for the forth landing.

Today I tried my hand at making a workable seaplane. One that can take off from land, and alight on the water is easy. Getting back into the air from the water is harder. It took about 80 kn thrust (40 per engine) to get enough speed to unstick from the wet stuff.

AS-505_zpsdjdpk5tj.jpg

AS-516_zpswpoepzmn.jpg

AS-535_zpssi0fhlgh.jpg

More here: http://s28.photobucket.com/user/SSgtBaloo/slideshow/16May2016

Edited by SSgt Baloo

Finally finished my first eve mission

Firstly I got my Eve ascent vehicle (the Intrepid) into orbit

SETT81l.jpg

Then the Hermes 2 with crew, cormorant lander and the Muse lander (the Cormorants in the fairing between the engines, it's only for eve descent).

2YAA9yS.jpg

Then I got the Intrepid down onto eve

Mhj3gQe.jpg

fKTtL0a.jpg

Then I moved Jeb into the cormorant and released it from the Hermes 2

QUnh6rQ.jpg

dUcdduI.jpg

7UcqkP0.jpg

With Jeb down it was time to do science...

4xPR3u3.jpg

Then short 5km run (took many a F9 to get close enough) to the intrepid

0hjZRwU.jpg

S0Mhl9g.jpg

Finally getting into orbit the intrepid capsule (which still requires life support)

xhz4UoH.jpg

Rendezvous with the Hermes 2

ykFOSzF.jpg

And off to Gilly for a victory lap in the Muse

q4J7gAK.jpg