What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Man, those XL3 wheels always, *always* look awkward on a craft. I'm thinking of installing Infernal Robotics just so I can have them do 90 degree rotations. Launching a minivan into space is so wrong :P

Soooo Eve, she's a harsh mistress, gotta treat her right (and avoid unnecessary local time warp with the current situation of landing gear/legs etc...) 

The save I'm on is getting buggy so gonna start afresh with a few mods (which will quickly become 20+...) but here is the end of SCAR (which was an acronym for something...)

HetZIKo.jpg

Malwin and Davos suddenly realized Bill was missing, they had to leave Kenly behind (that and the Purple dragon only has 3 seats to get back to orbit) They jumped into the second drop pod and got moving!

F6Jyuoe.jpg

Davos being a master of reentry and melodramatic decided to go for it at sunrise

2CXSTh9.jpg

B1amfVK.jpg

On target for the Bases, Eve looks strangely tranquil for such a terrifying monster...

K4KcrS1.jpg

dkRPlFh.jpg

Davos then remote controlled the plane, why not explore Eve before they get their hands on Bill!

k4Iyw2x.jpg

0uRWlS8.jpg

3QtANym.jpg

Flew in next to base, not gonna be down here long

mKRUt0q.jpg

jGAfULR.jpg

Found Bill tinkering with experiments he didn't know how to use...

TYkx5cH.jpg

He'd also knocked one of the Bases over... Davos decided that Bill shouldn't be allowedto lead anymore so he was demoted to second in command (you just don't leave your buddies in space to explore alien worlds alone, everyone knows that!)

With that they got to the Purple dragon 2 and took the mandatory publicity photo (though it's so big the Kerbals are dwarfed!!!)

gH4nHk0.jpg

Davos Checked the systems in the cockpit

hR0ymJq.jpg

Bill is acting strangely calm, maybe he's forgotten that this thing is trying to get off the Purple monster!

g4AKewO.jpg

Liftoff, 16 vector's firing the massive rocket upwards (Note the vector is brilliant on Eve for the brute force approach, because I filled this on Eve from kethane, interplanetary mass was not the main issue, as such this thing only needed the bottom stage to reach space!)

Bill suddenly remembers he should be terrified...

Tm7IUuQ.jpg

RTxcTF2.jpg

Up a bit fast

First stage separation...

plgr9FP.jpg

At this point the apopasis is 92000km

KLB5VmY.jpg

In space, Beagle firing, slowly getting into orbit...

mSOsSBC.jpg

0G7xjot.jpg

Final stage, just 30m/s dv to get orbit (I like this ship, might use it more often...)

Burning this stage to gain more height so the orbital engines can circulise (may have forgotten fins on this stage so it's unstable!)

Bills a bit happier now

jKaR01O.jpg

The relief as the camera flips round to orbit mode! (and look how happy those kerbals are!!)

lMZUVKu.jpg

And that's it for this save, gonna start a new one, with some bits and pieces set up before, have the beginning of a story (which I didn't do this time) Will edit stuff tonight!

Building my first mothership to colonize Jool and all 5 of its moons. It's pretty long, but pretty partless. I have plans to focus on Pol and Tylo, two VERY neglected moons. Eeloo is also a good target.

I also completed my neglected Apollo mission. The landing reminded me of the good old days when a landing gear would snap or break and I'd lean over a canyon but not fall. Lots of fun.

Edited by HoloYolo
Typo

Replaced my replacement PSU...finally...and reinstalled KSP.

IT'S ALIVE!! (And not on my ancient laptop!)

Now...I just have to re-install 42 mods and transfer some ship designs.

The framerate...it shall be mine again!

-Jn-

Lots of stuff.
7mUV9mRh.png
Bob does science in the upper edge of Eve atmosphere, just gotten atmospheric samples over impact eject zone who was the last.

u4cTXiQh.png
Put an asteroid into Ike orbit for contract, took it then to Duna orbit where its more useful for refueling. 

J2vifs9h.png
Rescue an kerbal stranded on Gilly, a bit nice as Gilly base is understaffed. 
Unfortunately kerbal clipped into ground and died then I tried  to move her. 
irvhaM9h.png
will reload and try again.

7 hours ago, Enceos said:

Finally finished my exploration vessel "Ark Of The Red Seas" and set sail for Duna.

Completely Modular and assembled in an orbital Shipyard.

66s08qk.jpg

hueS4B6.jpg

I thought my new Odin class was big, it's compact compared to this behemoth hehe. My Odin craft custom tailored for a manned landing on Eve will be quite huge as it'll have to haul a quite large landing craft.

This is impressive stuff, I'm guessing you're using Infernal Robotics or something for the shipyard?

Edited by Mjarf

A crew was sent to Eeloo to meet up with a lander and miner waiting there

screenshot489_zps6ykxyxnn.png

The new drop tank equipped Nuc Service Module has over 5 KM/s delta-v available. 

screenshot492_zpsrqyaznsh.png

Val gets the call for landing on Eeloo

screenshot495_zps9dvqvhc3.png

And, after a long mission, the crew arrives at the Kerbin space station. 

screenshot500_zps6gjslicr.png

11 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@Mjarf Got pics? ) I'd love to see Odin.

Here's a couple pics of my 2nd generation Odin craft that I used for my recent Eve mission. It has a cargobay/hangar for landing crafts and probes, makes for a more aerodynamic profile during Kerbin ascent and it's just a lot neater than strapping the lander on top of the craft.

Here it's in orbit over Eve:

20160613225844_1_zpsck5qsjm2.jpg

Cargobay/hangar open, here you can also the radiators on the molten salt radiator: 

20160613125211_1_zpseqzwuuii.jpg

I'm working on the 3rd generation at the moment, it'll be designed for longer missions and will have an ore converter in the cargobay, I may have to make it slightly longer to make room for it all. It will also be a twin engine design with a bit more emphasis on aesthetics. 

Edited by Mjarf

2 minutes ago, Mjarf said:

Here's a couple pics of my 2nd generation Odin craft that I used for my recent Eve mission. It has a cargobay/hangar for landing crafts and probes, makes for a more aerodynamic profile during Kerbin ascent and it's just a lot neater than strapping the lander on top of the craft.

Beautiful! I haven't unlocked the Lightbulb nuclear engine yet in my save. Though I love big tanks and high thrust engines :)

I love this engine, very nice balance between ISP and power to weight ratio. It can also run on almost any fuel, liquid fuel gives slightly lower ISP, but at the same time give slightly higher thrust.

Did a little "housekeeping mission today, decided bring back the 4 Kerbals at my Mun base as I've never gotten around to finishing it. After 15 years stationed on the Mun Shermun, Hanfield, Leia and Carchelle were "grateful" to finally be brought back home. 

20160616233920_1_zpsxkwduozh.jpg

Edited by Mjarf
Added today's mission

On 6/12/2016 at 9:29 AM, Stratzenblitz75 said:

Today I finished one of the most ambitious missions I've ever attempted:

Duna3 - Direct descent mission to Duna and back THREE times - no refueling

Ouch, right in the framerate!  

Impressive mission though.  

Well a rover of mine never meant to return home was damaged in a rollover accident.  There I was minding my own business when 4 sketchy looking rocks jumped out of the shadows and beat up my rovers solar panels.  Well we changed the mission to return home to Kerbin in "Operation Drop Test".  Things got sketchy but you can see how Jeb made out.  The initial shot of jeb in pic 1 just shows enthusiasm.  :) 

fS63Poi.jpg
064xoGm.png
McR179w.jpg
JzEID50.jpg

Edited by sumrex