What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

A couple epic spacewalks later Skylab has a full complement and I am free to deorbit this empty, obsolete station:

station-deorbit.png

...managed to re-enter without damage by sliding sideways the entire way.  Fortunately it only hit the ocean.

Edited by Corona688

9 hours ago, Corona688 said:

If you can get those engines pointed perfectly parallel that will save some fuel.  Right now they're wasting some fuel trying to tear your wings off your plane.

I really shouldn't have said "fuel", it's oxidizer I get low on

22 minutes ago, MDZhB said:

I really shouldn't have said "fuel", it's oxidizer I get low on

Oh...

Well, you might be able to scrape out a little more oxidizer by taking off with less fuel.  The decreased weight should in theory allow you to get farther on less rocket thrust, but it'd be a fine line.  You could spend longer in air-breathing mode for much the same effect.

Edited by Corona688

9 hours ago, Grenartia said:

The amazingness of Tweakscale. Also, Station Expansion is compatible with 1.1.3?

I imagine you'd never have to worry about losing parts on impact with that paneling.

Yes... this is kinda an armoured dropship... :P

*plays X-Files theme*
 those UFOs...
:o

Edited by luizopiloto

Early career mode... I tested a medium landing gear on escape trajectory out of the mun. I brought my monopropellant rover to the mun and rolled around, getting science data from

Highlands, Highland Craters, Midlands, Midland Craters, Canyons, East Farside Crater, Northwest Crater before the fuel ran out :)

gQYUS9Zl.jpg

It weighs 2.5 tons and I had to use the poodle engine to get it into orbit - and a kerbal trying to get mun orbit experience. I split the ship in mun orbit, flying the kerbal back home safely and crashing landing the rover with a small lander on the mun. Fuel ran out and I couldn't brake enough but in the last moment I ejected the rover and extended the wheels, and it landed intact :D while the lander was completely destroyed.

Edited by Corthalas

I've been hunting for Magic Boulders in a total of 100 individual asteroids. So far, I've searched through 50. I found 3 Magic Boulders: one that's Beige, one that's Green, and one that's Cyan. I have some screenshots of the Magic Boulders, along with an album of some extra asteroid redirection:

tPfjm0F.png

VTVRZRg.png

LXyihvq.png

As of right now, I have calculated a 6% (3/50) encounter rate for Magic Boulders. However, I found the Beige Boulder on my 5th asteroid I encountered.

6 hours ago, nightingale said:

Updating Anomaly Surveyor for 1.1.3, and happened to look up and see a bunch of celestial bodies in the sky (look very closely for Minmus).

yOjtXHR.png

THAT IS SOOOOOO COOL!!!

Finally did a randevous by myself without any mods in career mode. Free Kerbals!!!

Hello, just registered. :)

Found this interesting feature while flying my drone around on Tekto (from Outer Planets Mod) north pole. Don't know if its intentional or not. Also, it was rather impressive as I flew by this thing I got the impression the whole moon was rotating just below me! 

Build an small rocket, 15 parts and a few ton, the interesting part is that I build it on Gilly from parts. A kerbal was stranded and the launch window to Kerbin was good so I sent him off.
bouiEM4l.png
Rocket under final part of construction

Rocket and base
MyXnwMfl.png
The tower to right is the part workshop who can construct small and medium parts, I then build the rocker with KIS

In my early career game, I sent a crewed vehicle to Mun to rendezvous with a station. When I got inside Mun's SOI, I found that I not only got my inclination within 2 degrees, but I had an encounter very close to the Pe where I would be making my orbit insertion burn. A handful of puffs from my RCS lined up the Pe, ascending node and encounter markers on roughly the same point. Could I combine a plane change, circularization burn and rendezvous burn?

Yep. :cool:

I was pretty happy about that. I went from a hyperbolic orbit to docked in about 5 minutes.

Edited by JWag

Im finally getting close to finishing my most hardcore engineered craft I have so far played with in KSP. Spent longer on it then any other craft before, I name it the Eagle Spire 25.

It weighs about 120 tons on the pic and can get 3 Kerbals from LKO to EVE, make a precision landing by gliding up to 25km up to 9km eve altitude, drop a ascent rocket, including a mini glider rocket to get from low altitude to the mountain top. Pure Stock. Works like a dream! Although getting it there, was time consuming.

Ul9SZYI.jpg

Picture 2:

SnnoDn6.jpg

10 hours ago, mesocyclone said:

Hello, just registered. :)

Found this interesting feature while flying my drone around on Tekto (from Outer Planets Mod) north pole. Don't know if its intentional or not. Also, it was rather impressive as I flew by this thing I got the impression the whole moon was rotating just below me! 

north and south poles often look funky because of how the game wraps the terrain around a sphere. Cool find all the same. :D

psst...

Spoiler

Go look at the same place on Moho :wink: