What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Gotta get something in on page 1000 and what better that a long delayed return to Eve,

Here Maxisa Kerman can be seen readying a flag for planting at the site of her vehicles' landing site (where it's busy making fuel for her return to orbit)

rHuvWi9.png

My first Eve return mission since the Eve Party Boat in v0.90.

I watched 2001 again. And then I tried to refine my old Orion Shuttle.

I3ODgRN.png

I still need to tweak the launch plane a bit, but the orbiter works quite well now. :)

rcwrUQF.png

Wow! Page 1000. Sweet. :) 

Edited by KerrMü

I made a MLP flag, shot a glider into orbit and flew it back down, somehow managed to achieve room-temperature quantum levitation with landing gear and BDA guns, revisited my SPLICER X plane, flew it into a mountain, blew up, shot some buildings, blew up some buildings, installed some mods, made another flag, about to go explore the Centauri Dreams mod

Edited by Fireheart318

AUGH! MUST CLAIM MY RIGHTEOUS SPOT ON THE PAGE 1000 THRONE!

Oh, what did I do today? I built an overengineered Mun rocket, and flew it to the Mun and Minmus.

Edit: Hey, @Astrofox, could I have a download to that planet? I could probably make one like that easily but eh. I want to mess with it :D

Edited by teag2

7 hours ago, WildLynx said:

OSS2 and OSS3 on their voyage to Duna.

OSS2 transports a mobile refinery (sounds familiar?), and OSS3 transports 4 relay comm sats and an experimental unmanned Duna lander.

Crews strictly instructed to not divert to investigate any strange signals nor to to approach anything egg-shaped.

Heh. I see we both came to the same conclusion for deep space ship designs.

FdUMOTS.jpg

I made my first plane in my new career since picking up KSP again a couple days ago. It's much kookier than my usual designs but it felt very Kerbal. It flies fantastic and I landed it on the dirt runway first try in IVA. (Getting reacquainted with my old friends Radar Altimeter and Vertical Speed Guage!)

I think it's a very good sign this career is going to go well. Very excited to be back in the pilot seat!

EDIT: I just realized it's probably really bad forum etiquette to post photos of a screen when I could be posting a screenshot... I bug my girlfriend with nerdy KSP nonsense through texts and decided to share it on the forum not thinking about it. Hopefully panties don't get twisted over this.

Edited by Mister Kerman

Played on and off since  22 Jul, 2013..

To date this is my :huh:illustrious :huh: list of achievments

I have NOW:

3 Sat remote tech network on Kerbin

3 Sat remote tech network on Minmus

ScanSat 90%+ of Kerbin / Minmus and Mun

Landed on Minmus

Have the start of a refueling station in orbit..

HuqP3Tz.png

Why Sooooo much you say (sarcasim). I install MODS that break the game more than I play.

Current MOD count is 188 with ModuleManager sweating at 43323 patches. :sticktongue:

Currently hit with the 'Cannot deploy while stowed' bug on my station launching rocket. Hey Ho!!  On wards and upwards.  Eloo in say MMMmmmm  3 years :mad:

Thing I miss since v1.0...   Not being able to both resize and MOVE my NavBall.

On the plus side, if I have crew I always fly IVA now!

Duna encounter in 44 Days......  Wish me luck!

Completed a contract to put a station with a resource converter with it.  Since it would be a shame to waste a station I am returning it to Kerbin SOI where it will be part of a refueling station attached to an asteroid.

wzgcc1J.png

Sent a Hugin M2 craft to the Mun to gather fresh data for the temporary science station Yggdrasil, which is parked in a 100km Mun orbit. First flew directly to the Mun before rendezvousing with the station to drop off the first batch of science and refuel to land on a second biome. It was an extremely productive mission, netting me several thousand science points. I forgot how much fun vanilla KSP can be, mods enable me to build huge interstellar cruisers, but vanilla KSP is simpler and feels more "pure". ^_^

Picturinos, you guys like picturinos: 

20160703141356_1_zpsdjtd0ulu.jpg

20160703142808_1_zpslh2s8ttk.jpg

20160703143251_1_zpsecmwxqm8.jpg

20160703150740_1_zpsaacvh9ut.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the re-entry btw, for once I landed less than 2 continents away from the KSC.

Trying to show the younger generation how much more fun it was to fly in the good old days without so many complications of modern life, Jeb dusts off the old trainer and takes it for a tour while ignoring all those instraments that just get in the way of flying.  But there is one even the old planes had:

uWof4CF.png

Can you see which one?

So umm well let's try out the emergency landing system the engineers said was just for show and not real use:

cFjNUu6.png

So far so good...

Hey we just invented the vertical landing plane:

4VTOevX.png

Or not:

4GJdwQm.png

Old Pilots adage: "Any landing you can walk away from is a good one" (and the lights still work!):

OBzxJ6I.png

Edited by kBob

Landed on minmus successfully for a rescue mission. Brought along eccentric billionaire Tito Kerman for an extra 100k from a tourist mission. Whole rig was a 25ton payload and I till have fuel left to go to the Mun and plant a flag, I think, as long as I am careful. 

It's all been a cakewalk so far except almost tipping over on the Minmus landing like six times.