What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Well my basebuilding is up in the air at the moment because I know the UKS update changes some stuff but there are other mods that have problems in 1.1.3. So I decided to just see if some interplanetary probes are feasible. And a (relatively) quick trip to Urlum is, but it'll need 4 km/s for a flyby and another 6 to capture when I'm there. Not unreasonable, but gonna need a decent multi-stage ship to do it.

To help plan things, I launched a baby satellite into an equatorial MKO. Possibly the smallest useful orbital launcher I've made :)

Cute little baby rocket

Once again trying to make sub-half-ton mun lander probes without reaction wheels, and this design worked pretty well. The extra TWR from the two Spider engines helped reduce gravity drag losses and made the suicide burn much easier. Plus, having two gives you roll control when firing, which is pretty useful.

3 hours ago, cantab said:

Well my basebuilding is up in the air at the moment because I know the UKS update changes some stuff but there are other mods that have problems in 1.1.3. So I decided to just see if some interplanetary probes are feasible. And a (relatively) quick trip to Urlum is, but it'll need 4 km/s for a flyby and another 6 to capture when I'm there. Not unreasonable, but gonna need a decent multi-stage ship to do it.

To help plan things, I launched a baby satellite into an equatorial MKO. Possibly the smallest useful orbital launcher I've made :)

Cute little baby rocket

Nice! Tiny Oscar-based rockets are very fun to design and fly. :)

I managed to wrangle an hour and a half of KSP playtime tonight, and sent a small base to Eve. Took some fun screenshotsof Eve and a cute one of two kerbals hanging on the ladders.

I might do a drawing of every planet based on the third picture once I go through some of the pictures in my thread, since it looks like I could make a cool poster with it!

I keep getting tourist contacts, which I think are fun, however now that I've landed on both mun and minmus, they all want to go to both. Some want to orbit one and land on the other or what-have-you. Therefore I've decided to build a ship capable of landing on mun, then minmus, then return to kerbin. First test flight was promising. Now for some tweaking to get it where I want it. :cool:

Edited by kraden

Started construction of a Minmus base. All the peripheral modules were moved into position with Ickle rovers and then hooked up by the engineer lurking nearby in the mining buggy.

screenshot125_zpsxowvxphc.png

The Ickle rovers were then upgraded to Utility Mule standard with parts delivered by a training flight.

screenshot129_zpsgis7h9r9.png

Meanwhile on Mun another training flight delivered an upgrade pack for the Grizzler exploration rover as well as some spare seats and solar panels etc. Bill was able to get the new "Blindalotti" lighting system fitted before the crew had sorted their towels out. Which gave them a bit of a start when they finally emerged.

screenshot134_zpskxpqcixu.png

Bill is reported to be happy with the new parts although the jury is out on wether he should be allowed to fiddle with the RTG's also included.......

screenshot135_zpse1f4bubm.png

Tried to pickup bob stranded on laythe. I thought i landed the rescue ship 2.8km from poor old bob. I was quite happy and saved the game... next, i discovered that i landed 28km from bob instead of 2.8km... after a rage quit i decided to walk the long walk using some mcguyver skills, hehe.

Behold!!!! Only 13 km to go on "auto pilot"...

VaiKcTd.jpg

Edited by xendelaar

7 hours ago, dangerhamster said:

Started construction of a Minmus base. All the peripheral modules were moved into position with Ickle rovers and then hooked up by the engineer lurking nearby in the mining buggy.

screenshot125_zpsxowvxphc.png

The Ickle rovers were then upgraded to Utility Mule standard with parts delivered by a training flight.

screenshot129_zpsgis7h9r9.png

Meanwhile on Mun another training flight delivered an upgrade pack for the Grizzler exploration rover as well as some spare seats and solar panels etc. Bill was able to get the new "Blindalotti" lighting system fitted before the crew had sorted their towels out. Which gave them a bit of a start when they finally emerged.

screenshot134_zpskxpqcixu.png

Bill is reported to be happy with the new parts although the jury is out on wether he should be allowed to fiddle with the RTG's also included.......

screenshot135_zpse1f4bubm.png

What wheels are those?