Getting close to done:

gYAhI1D.png

ETrC46h.png

N6bC04z.png

bwVvgx5.png

OKHtajg.png

N6ragaf.png

Stock IVA is pretty much good to go. :)

Now I'll see if I can adapt the Buffalo ASET IVA to the Clyde and save some time that way. If that works then I can apply it to the Danube, and those monitors up front will be able to use the ASET MFD screens. I wish I could get the "pong" monitors to show external views like RPM can..

4 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

@Angel-125 More excellent part-making, I see. Is this in the latest version of the DSEV mod, or are you waiting for a future update?

Also, speaking of which, what's going on with the centrifuge since Infernal Robotics isn't yet updated?

This is part of the next update for DSEV. It will take a bit longer due to my impending attempt to make an ASET version of the Clyde and Danube's IVA. Once I get that done, I'm starting right into the D2 centrifuge, which will be an animated centrifuge based upon NASA's Discovery II, done with the same art style as you see with the Clyde and Danube Delta (pork-alike, you can put them up to a stock mk3 part and they look to be in the same family). Once that's done, you won't need Infernal Robotics.

Get MJ's maneuver node editor, (you can forget everything else exists if you want), you probably need a finer touch on the controls than the stock interface allows, and just because it says your inclination is matched dosen't mean it really is. I often find even after a MJ automated inclination match and telling MJ to do a transfer orbit i still have to tweak the node some for interplanetary shots.

9 hours ago, dangerhamster said:

I now have a strange hankering for a realistic fully controllable Amy Pond.

Funny-Hamsters-201.jpg.32916751b6aa21411

Grrrrrrrrr......

Reading this while looking at that hamster is making me laugh all day. :lol:

Edited by Triop

Today I launched Kermes from LKO toward Duna. Despite being away from the game so long, I think I did my best job yet of following Transfer Window Planner's directions in my maneuver node setup - got an intercept just plugging in the numbers. It was a 5min burn but from 300 km, the losses were minimal.

3QHAw0F.jpg

Swinging around Ike on Duna approach, lots of science from the fly by and Duna orbit too. Delta-V well inside budget. Still, nerve wracking... I've got six kerbal souls out here relying on life support designed but a very unqualified player... err, kerbal.

cAdMTaI.jpg

Detaching the lander. 2 stage disposable with every science experiment, a good probe core for SAS, manned by Bob Kerman.

TmDcs4N.jpg

dvVn1Vu.jpg

What a relieving moment that was. All that was left was for Bob to get back in and rendezvous before he got too hungry. Piece of pie.

With Bob back, it's down to a wait for the return window in 147 days. My only concern is I ended up orbiting Duna with a pretty steep inclination. I have a module I'd like to leave in Duna orbit for later use, but I don't want it in an orbit that's hard to reach. At the same time, I may not have the dV to change its orbit and still eject back to Kerbin AND capture at Kerbin. But hey, if I can get anywhere near Kerbin I can refuel...

Gonna have to play with maneuver nodes for a while next sitting and figure out what's viable.

P.s.  are these images working?  My phone browser doesnt load images by default (saves data) but I'm not sure I'm getting the formatting right.

Edited by Kyrt Malthorn

8 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

@Enceos That freighter is one of my favourite spacecraft I've ever seen anyone make in this game. It's an incredible design.

Thank you, Jane! It was inspired by the X3 and Freelancer freighter ships. The name is a tribute to a freighter from EVE Online.

Whenever I fly the Providence, I can't get enough of its flybys 

3 hours ago, Triop said:

Reading this while looking at that hamster is making me laugh all day. :lol:

I'll be here all week, please try the fish.

Just started a new career using life support for the first time (Snacks, didn't want to micromanage). Was firing sounding rockets in many directions but my headphones snapping caused an early tea. Second time with this particular brand, shame as I really like them. With no actual speakers on my gaming machine the immersion levels are low, is it weird that the first mod I look for after an update is Chatterer? Currently chomping the mobile power breakfast (bacon and fried egg butty) before heading off in search of a budget headset......

I wrote a clinical audit whilst fiddling with manoeuvre nodes around Duna, absent mindedly typed "patients retrograde to clinics" 

it kind of makes sense, but don't think most clinicians are up on their orbital mechanics!