What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Before I release the above skybox (with a not-so-permissive license).... Would there be any interest in this one too and its fully permissive license?

http://imgur.com/a/31SOT Album

BzjqIyD.jpg

Wdskasj.jpg hgQWweZ.jpg CJRn8gh.jpg

It's cool, but too bright for my taste...feel like text would get hard to read against some of those backgrounds. That said, it's really cool and I'm sure someone will like it  :)  Nice work

Heh. :) ...The main thing holding me back is this thing where everything but my craft and the sunflare stop rendering (my craft appears to be in a void) in flight view after tabbing through many worlds in map view ...and I get NRE flood. The only things I changed/replaced were the DDS for the skybox. :/ @kraden

I dislike the brightness and noise from so many background stars too. Picking a skybox-worthy NASA space photo is one of the hardest things.... @Tyko

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Day 2 of KSC reactivation.

Some endeavors, like repairing the walkway, went fine.

FPU4lY3.png

Others, like moving the radiator panels out of the way, not quite so.

eCGr9tH.png

First "craft" was built on the actual old launchpad (instead of the "auxiliary" roof launchpad, which requires detaching the craft with aid of a screwdriver :wink:)

D3zpNvD.png

It was tested, checking crash site of the blimp module for usable debris, planting a flag on top of the launch tower, and finally parked on the roof launchpad.

uoPgnzz.png

4YvxDZm.png

FhQddJ3.png

Today i attached the southern com module to the Korolev Orbital Station. Its the fourth sucessful addition to the station. Now i'm sketching plans on the best way to add solar panels on the X axis. In about 55 kerbin days i will be rotating the four astronaut crew with a new one. Possibly, adding two extra crew members to help maintain the station's systems a-goin'. I love this game.

Why I-ota...

BcjYQdR.jpg

And that ends Iota, really. It's small, it's tasty, it's easy to land on, but it only has four biomes and we've scooped them all. The science haul is decent, allowing the unlock of Mainsails, with 218 research points left over to go towards the 300 needed for nuclear engines.

The Council of Chefs is pleased, but already looking forward to the next flavoursome discovery.

Today, I still haven't ended the last flight with the XC-73A Pallas still docked in orbit, that I start another small-medium SSTO inspirated by the Myasishchev M-50 and called XC-74A Varuna :

Paokcx4.png

EIUNgfB.png

Standing proudly on its particular tandem landing gears, Varuna got Valentina as a pilot-in-command for its inaugural flight.

zBcRWwS.png

f9tbd82.png

Ouch, it got just 800 kg more than its predecessor but I can feel it by the length of runway it needs. Still, we have enough fuel to accelerate enough near the sea level.

kD0qicw.png

Here we go! Climbing at 20 degrees.

zKLQ1KW.png

About 24 km and still running under air.

ye5UqhU.png

HSZkWhA.png

I shut down engines 2 and 3 to avoid the flip. Number 1 and 4 made the job perfectly. At this point the Ap was placed at 140 km with around 1010 m/s still in reserve.

cuYFQ4I.png

9Rpzx8O.png

Ground Control to Major Val, you've really made the grade.

U4IKpql.png

G1A7az2.png

After maneuvers costing just 90 m/s, Varuna is approaching Outer Heaven with its older sister still docked.

eABVeUd.png

iIzWhlq.png

The whole vehicle is actually just equipped of the cockpit internal reaction wheel for its monoprop free maneuvers... yes, we can say it's heavy and terrible to control.

PtMbgwR.png

But we are docked.

Tc73S0X.png

4KBjqLf.png

This is Major Val' to Ground Control. I'm floating in the most peculiar way.

After this first part completed I don't really which one of them I prefer to fly... Pallas get a better look to me and is more maneuverable, Varuna for its part is the total opposite... being less attractive but with its wings configuration much more stable and easy to control.

I did it! I got my new tourist ship to orbit. It's called Triumph of Space...

Tiumph_of_Space_in_orbit.pngpicture hosting

I completed 5 tourist contracts very quickly, then took a LONG flight to complete a crew assessment in the southern hemisphere, then went a little further to get some science from the south pole and caught this amazing shot...

sun_and_mun_southern_ice_cap.pnghow to take screenshots

Finally, I want to thank the teams that made the visual enhancement mods I use: Scatterer, SVE, Texture Replacer, EVE, and others I can't even remember. I can't begin to say how awesome these mods are, and I can't thank you all enough. Here, take these....

i_love_these_mods.pngimage hosting no account

Eclipse.pngpicture share

After escaping the Earth system in RSS, I went into sandbox to play around with launching on the Moon's plane. In the end, I deducted that it is best to launch on the moon's ascending/descending node rather than launching anywhere at any time. I will have to utilize some kind of RCS system as not to waste ignitions. But apart from that, any good part mod recommendations, anyone? Thanks.

Fire

Instead of putting my research and planning of the AAP or KAP from both my free time and at school (its only the computers, I should try and look for some books) to good use I decided this week I would make a Space Shuttle...

After like a day I got it, reliably, to space...suborbital... *Sigh*