What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Not exactly KSP, but with DSEV's Clydesdale and Delta Danube orbital command pods now done, I'm starting to tackle the D2 centrifuge. here's a test animation:

I've just started with modding cfg's and dds's (and stuff).

To me this is magic, it motivates me to make my own stuff. ^_^

While towing a buoy for a  standard, scheduled bathymetric survey-

(definitely not just mucking about after a failed attempt to use an SRB to drag the Ocean Explorer up a slope, because the ksp wheels are so bad....)

30RW7lb.png

I decided to invent kerbal water skiing. It was somewhat successful .

iAO7hbT.png

Helmet wearing recommended. 

bal5anR.png

Edited by Tw1

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Not exactly KSP, but with DSEV's Clydesdale and Delta Danube orbital command pods now done, I'm starting to tackle the D2 centrifuge. here's a test animation:

Looks like somthing out of Iran's nuclear program :P

16 minutes ago, Carl said:

Looks like somthing out of Iran's nuclear program :P

To me it looked more like a new Disneyworld attraction...

BDA looks more like something out of Iran's nuclear program. :sticktongue:

@Angel-125  work is awesome btw, not doing short to Iran.

or Disney.                ^_^

Edited by Triop

Delivered a lander package to the DTV today. You can see the deorbit rig in the fourth picture, the lander needs one because of the heatshield covering the ascent engine.

These are going kind of slow because I'm designing them all on the fly, along with their lifters, so hopefully I can build up some subassemblies while I'm at it. I did decide to send the DTV to Duna, although there are a few transfer windows to deal with before I deliver the crew and go. 45 (Earth) days left, but first I'll see if I can engineer a probe to survive out at Sarnus on solar power...

AT1C7U5.png

G0s4to6.png

NJlZewP.png

mJUbgDI.png

3 minutes ago, Jett_Quasar said:

About 150 Kerbals, but I couldn't keep it stable so I'm going to have to come up with another plan for the Mun.

-Jett

I don't even have that much Kerbals on Kerbin..... :blink:

-Tri ^_^ p

Edited by Triop

6 minutes ago, eddiew said:

I will double check later,  but I only spotted lowlands, midlands, highlands and droops on my scan map. Is the last one quite small?

In most cases it's pretty small but it's largely highly scattered and not obvious to the eye. The 5th biome is the Skids.

I wrestled the noise and over-vibrancy in this skybox...and produced the EnvMap for visor reflections. If this is satisfying I'll package it later today and share. Its particular name is NGC 4449. I'll also release that green skybox that was first shown.

(Note that its opacity is 80% due to my Distant Object settings...and I'll deal with the redshift/warp at its :antinormal: in 3rd pic.)

l1AKW4w.jpg

JLLepnO.jpg HeX7N8e.jpg UcUsKAz.jpg Kc30GUW.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

In this picture, the utility of the Fuel Rover is demonstrated by retrieving a Ore Carrier after fuel exhaustion.

PPpf3jD.jpg

Observant viewers will note the Mecjeb prob on the Ore Carrier.  It's clear the designer has no idea how to use the delta-v numbers properly.

Aviation buffs will also note the color of left and right markers are reverse.  For this, I am profoundly embarrassed.

Edited by ScarM

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

In most cases it's pretty small but it's largely highly scattered and not obvious to the eye. The 5th biome is the Skids.

I'll poke around for it later, probably just whipped my mouse back and forth too harshly. Every biome is worth ~180 science and with only 10% income I need to farm the crap out of everywhere I have the technology to reach :)  Ceti is beckoning, but I'm trying to ignore it for now. Even though I suspect it's not much harder :P 

58 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I wrestled the noise and over-vibrancy in this skybox...and produced the EnvMap for visor reflections. If this is satisfying I'll package it later today and share. Its particular name is NGC 4449. I'll also release that green skybox that was first shown.

Looks interesting, would try :) 

Edited by eddiew

With audio sensation restored in a cheap and nasty not to mention uncool (a proper headset with boom mic feels so spacey) manner the new career was resumed. In a possibly alcohol related move it was decided to see how far one could get without actually going into orbit..... On reflection it was definitely alcohol as it seemed such a good idea at the time.

Without the more lucrative contracts it was decided (hic) to keep the costs down by trying to recover as much as possible and do everything else in the cheapest manner possible. Cue lots of "test at the Launchpad" and the obligatory double mk1 rollerrover. With enough science earned a proper rover was deposited in the KSC grounds to attract "observe near" contracts and hoover up other observation contracts. This worked well with multiple contracts a day giving a good income. This funded the some building upgrades which the rover was able to snap up the science from before being recovered for upgrading. A quick trip out to get the science from any new experiments and then returning to lurking duty. It was also noted that putting a soil container as well as some snacks actually returned some loot for the contents. A golden shower indeed.

With the rover contracts starting to thin out enough science has been obtained to deploy an airship for more distant contracts. With electric power (albeit with a limited EC capacity) this is able to carry out "in flight" missions and return complete to base for maximum economic efficiency. Plans are in hand to equip her for proper science gathering as the next step in Operation Cheapskate.

screenshot120_zpsrlw37cwt.png

Funds are so limited Val is forced to take off from the Launchpad rather than the dirt road runway. At least they remembered to launch horizontally.

I think one of the main Reasons I love KSP it reminds me a bit of the Original Thunderbirds from the 60's . so.....

KSP_x64%202017-01-25%2013-34-03.jpg
KSP_x64%202017-01-25%2013-21-37.jpg

The other thing , yup it's difficult to build an fly ,  i'd love to build a Fireflash replica but can imagine KSP Physics laughing at my struggles .

(1.1.3) Having been unable to come up with a better name, I started the day off in the litterbox with the design of Faux News 7, a probe parts delivery craft. I got Bill out on the launchpad and had him put together a probe using KAS tools and the parts provided. Satisfied with that part of the testing, I reverted, turned it into a proper spacecraft, launched one to orbit and had Bill build a probe again under real operating conditions. Despite Bill having a tendency to slip off the ladders, he was able to put something together with the same capabilities of the Beep-Beep and Bleepity-Bleep series. I'll be taking a Faux News 7 craft with me to Duna, bringing the size of the Duna-bound armada to an even twenty craft.

After making a quick change to the Jiffy Lube 7 rover upgrade package delivery craft - basically just the addition of a pair of long girders to the sides of the craft since there isn't sufficient room for them in the KAS container at this point - I launched a trio of them, sending one of them on for a date with the rover Lunkhead on Minmus and an attempt to put the ore hauler Lewis and Clark back into action. I had an open contract spot and picked up a contract to expand the Dunaport space station; what was annoying about that one was that the contract stipulated that it had to be in orbit of Kerbin. Conditions of the contract - add five more passenger spots and 1000 ore - were pretty simple to fulfill, though; I loaded the ore hauler Nostromo at the Kerbinport space station and dispatched her to Dunaport, and I had The Great Artiste head that way is well. The contract was fulfilled successfully after The Great Artiste, the second craft to arrive, docked. I will be returning both ships to Kerbinport later today. 

Next up was the return of the Bill Clinton 7b grabber probe from Minmus hauling Lemsy's Hulk down for contract. Had a pretty harrowing ride once the probe reached Kerbin's atmosphere; I realized that I was going to come in too low for a safe retrieval of the payload and was able to affect a quick radial out burn to raise the periapsis to a safe altitude, but it left precious little delta-V for additional braking. Still, the probe did its job and I was able to bring the hulk back in, fulfilling that junk-and-Kerbal mission (Lemsy himself had come back to Kerbin aboard Strange Cargo and rode down in the Auk VII a few days before). I picked up a new tourist contract that sees Kerbals heading to orbit around both moons, but no landings.

I had yet another open contract spot and the game decided to fill it with a string of easily completed missions - the first was the testing of a bouncy wheel splashed down; I loaded one aboard a Lusitania 7 car-boat, did the mission and busted two wheels after finishing the mission heading back towards the space center. Next was the testing of a Hydraulic Manifold, also splashed; a quick part change and a nearly identical mission, with a nearly identical result (don't know why I'm busting rover wheels all of a sudden). Next was an LKO junk retrieval mission done with a Bill Clinton 7 grabber probe; the module turned out to be a spent LES, and was easily retrieved, splashing down about 50 klicks east of KSC. After that was a Minmus surface science contract; Barna hopped out of the Deepwater Horizon refinery, went over to Lunkhead - which is equipped with an 88-88 antenna - and transmitted an EVA report. The final contract it gave me was one to mine 450 ore from the surface of Mün, which I did with the Piper Alpha refinery. The next offering was a spaceflight survey over Kerbin, on which I passed.

I did discover when I had Piper Alpha mining the ore that it was daytime on that part of Mün, so I decided an attempt to move the Old Bessie 7 fuel hauler closer to Piper Alpha for refueling was finally in order, the craft having received a small load of fuel from the refitted rover MIRV yesterday. MIRV was moved back within spitting distance of the refinery and Old Bessie was able to move close enough for a full refueling op to commence. Refueling completed, Piper Alpha reloaded its tanks and Old Bessie left for the Munport space station, where it made some good headway in refilling the craft docked at the station. Another fuel run will be required, which I hope to be able to do later today.

Next Objective arrives at Minmus in five days, and then it's on to Duna...