What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Started setting up my DSN nodes around Kerbal...

thats_no_moon.pngupload gifs

I put two of these bad boys up there. They were pretty heavy for being satellites, but I put them in polar orbits just inside of the Mun's orbit. 

After that I tried to complete a contract where tourists wanted to be knocked out by high Gees.... well... uhhhhh... I got the high Gees they wanted....

OOPS.pngimages hosting

So yeah, that was a setback.... Also lost two interstellar probes when they left Kerbin's SOI and the antenna on the probes were too weak. That was sad. ;.;

2 minutes ago, regex said:

You haven't adjusted mass fractions or added better isp engines to adjust for the new solar system? That's harsh, I've never understood why people play like that, the stock parts are severely gimped and it just seems to result in ridiculous part counts, especially with "LEGO tanks", for no good reason. vOv

In the long run, I have KR&D to help me with making stock engines/tanks more effective. I also have Near Future, Karbonite, and Cryo Engines, which - eventually - will be pretty good.

I also have a dimwit personal rule of no KR&D before unlocking the full tech tree, which seems to be a very, very long way away. Think I have ~1000 science saved up and that would buy me 20% more ISP on any one engine, which is basically huge if it's used to boost an LV-N. Might be time to rescind this particular rule before I throw in the towel from sheer annoyance.

And on top of that, various bits of my game are corrupting, such that I have parts of vessels slowly migrating away from their correct locations and just generally making a visual mess of the affected ships... This career is cursed, and I can't un-curse it without deleting a bunch of in-flight things. Serves me right for allowing more than one active mission at a time. Last time I was sensible and blocked all launches while any vessel was interplanetary, but I have foolishly gone parallel with this one :(  But I do have 10 million roots in the bank, maybe I should just swallow the loss, change the rules and figure out the offending mods before it gets worse :/ 

Black Hole would be a classic movie for the Kerbals... Try I am older then the movie. But, did not see it till the 1980s. Totally see someone building the USS Cygnus in KSP... Anyways... Had to on the fly adjust this crafts thrusters so they are blanced when landing upon the Mün: 6DE213CCD3378431EB8B3A396BAB28B02B8CAD3D

Also had balance issue when taking off Kerbin to. The escape pod with the puffs was the cause of the imbalanced and this.. Totally not a bug:

A4401AA186B73D8604FB9EB641F07D7142341109

14 minutes ago, Aragosnat said:

this.. Totally not a bug:

Are you playing with a stock install? I was under the impression that the floating shrouds were caused by some mod, but if they happen in stock then it's a stock bug. Either way, they can be fixed by quicksaving and quickloading.

8 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

Are you playing with a stock install? I was under the impression that the floating shrouds were caused by some mod, but if they happen in stock then it's a stock bug. Either way, they can be fixed by quicksaving and quickloading.

100% stock baby..... Just a glitich with the shroud for the heatshields that still exists since they where added.

I messed around some more with my JSF, and also worked on fixing my A-10's GAU-8, with some inspiration from @klond.

H90EHdo.png

Here, I was testing the minimum altitude to transition into horizontal flight. I managed to do it cleanly while only loosing about 40m of altitude. (I did this while 60m above the runway, so I'm glad it worked)

jg0i59w.png

Don't mind me... Just shooting at the VAB.

This cannon can shoot RCS pods over 3km, but does next to no damage.

After throwing two more fuel slugs at the Cascadia and looking at the resulting braking burns, I gave in and designed new-model fuel slugs. These have much more delta-V and are able to make correction burns as needed, and needing less fuel overall are ten tons lighter even with the nuclear engines.

EytwInN.png

Hey all of you from the Kerbbin-fandom.

Today I built a Deep Sea Rescue Vehicle.

tBObk0b.png

Just in time too. As soon as it was cobbled together ready certified there was a setup an accident.
FncFlbs.png

12 Kerbals from the Kerbal Navy were stranded at the bottom of the sea without power for the Pong-Game-Console or the Snacks-Machine.
4ehlgnm.png
Yg8C8w7.png

First group of 4 going to the surface. Hey you guys. Leave some snacks for the other 8.
3FFNO0P.png

Man-O-Man-O-man submarines are hard work.

ME
Edited by Martian Emigrant

2 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

I've posted about this before. I thought it was the fault of a decoupler; As it turns out, it's the shroud on the heat shield. While I do play modded, I'm still of the opinion it's a stock issue. And yes, it does go away on a reload... but has a habit of coming back time and again.

7 hours ago, Aragosnat said:

100% stock baby..... Just a glitich with the shroud for the heatshields that still exists since they where added.

Well I suppose it's good to know that I don't need to go through all of my mods to figure out which one's causing it since if it's a stock bug none of them are. Has it really been since they were added? I've only experienced the issue since 1.2.

Main truss center beam was delivered by payload delivery drone, but all the rest is planed for shuttle delivery....leaving a few engineers in the small HAB modules to supervise...

screenshot377.png

I had to fly the station too the shuttle to make this docking work....so far impossible to use RCS on shuttle correctly....it's probably me...

5 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

That shuttle is not stock. About nothing on it is stock. What is it?

This one on space dock

Very nicely detailed and well thought out assembly , but I can only get modules in the cargo bay less than 6Tn into 300k oribt....? 

3 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

Try pressing caps lock before docking to switch to fine control. Doing so auto-balances the RCS.

roger Jane...will try that next time....many thanks.

Edited by algwat
s for e

9 hours ago, Aragosnat said:

I'm playing 100% stock, too, and I get engine shrouds and stack separators floating around all the time.  Trying to get into the habit of staging while still suborbital or on collision course for a body like Mun, but the ejection velocity of a nose cone is enough to make it miss the Mun if I stage early in a tranMunar orbit...

4 hours ago, algwat said:

Main truss center beam was delivered by payload delivery drone, but all the rest is planed for shuttle delivery....leaving a few engineers in the small HAB modules to supervise...

screenshot377.png

I had to fly the station too the shuttle to make this docking work....so far impossible to use RCS on shuttle correctly....it's probably me...

In Soviet Russia Station docks to you :D

3 hours ago, AccidentsHappen said:

Well, not exactly playing KSP, but I did finish my paint of Eagle at Laythe:

Eagle_at_Laythe.jpeg

Took me a little bit to get Jool right, but I'm fairly happy with it overall.

is that 2 cockpits stuck together? Or a mod? I know I'm nitpicking, but GREAT DRAWING!

Edited by DarkOwl57

(1.1.3) RL has been thoroughly kicking my butt for most of the past few days (getting ready to move, so lots of packing and taking things out to storage so we have more room to pack more crap). Not a lot has been accomplished as a result. On Thursday, I accepted a pair of LKO junk hauling missions and analyzed the path of an incoming Class C asteroid, the latter of which was in preparation to go catch it for contract. Having satisfied myself that an intercept of the rock would be possible, I began a Tater Catcher 7 mission to put the rock into orbit following Claw's advice, putting the Rhino-equipped probe into a highly inclined orbit and then performing an intercept burn. The initial intercept burn puts the probe coming within 700 kilometers of the target in seven days time. Since the rock itself will not enter Kerbin's SOI for another 79 days, I'm actually pretty thrilled about this initial transfer burn. I will be making a correction burn when the probe leaves Kerbin's SOI in four days. Still have plenty of delta-V for correction burns at this point. I will be trying to get the rock into an equatorial orbit; part of me would like to see the ore hauler Nostromo making ore runs between this rock and the Kerbinport space station, which has an on-board ISRU...

Friday saw the completion of one of the two junk-hauling missions with a Bill Clinton 7 grabber probe. Target was a spent LES, and the launch was timed well enough that I got a one kilometer rendezvous prior to the orbital insertion burn. I did go ahead and modify the base BC design so that the service stage had chutes, so that StageRecovery would potentially recoup the cost of that stage (should've done that from the beginning, but I was trying to save money at the time of the original design). I completed the second junk hauling mission with a modified BC7 probe on Saturday, this time bringing down a Mk1 Cockpit. Replacements for these two contracts are a surveying mission halfway around Kerbin and an LKO rescue, both of which I hope to attend to later today.

Began debating whether to begin a new game when FAR is updated for 1.2, or just continuing the present save. Leaning towards the latter, actually. Don't get me wrong - I really think the early game is the fun part, but at this point I've got some pretty good infrastructure going. Might all depend on what happens with the Duna expedition. Haven't even reached the first of the transfer burns there...

I should probably mention that on Saturday, Juluna and Milfred transmitted enough science from the Munport space station's science lab for me to unlock Ion Propulsion, which rounds out my tech tree. Going to save up a little bit of science, and then begin switching science over to rep. Still probably have a ways to go on that.

Operation Cheapskate plumbed new depths when fulfilling "test part x splashed down at Kerbin" as cheaply as possible.

screenshot130_zpsr3m8xz8v.png

This was the final act of this save, having upgrade everything and researched nearly everything before level 8 the sheer repetitiveness of trying to get as far as possible without leaving the lower atmo wore me down. Ok, go back to main screen and delete the save plus a couple of others just used for testing stuff. No problem, just don't delete the main career........ Ooops.