What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

On 2/18/2017 at 11:38 AM, Spacetraindriver said:

I also want to populate the island with Shermans, but I don't know how to get them there...

ff105f15b9a924950d42c9785dc7136c.png

Use a drop ship, and attach parachutes to the Sherman(s). My B52 can hold about 50 tons and fly just fine. (It's 1:1 scale probably 90% accurate. no jagged parts) and last thing

It's 400 parts and 300 tons

:D

cheers!

Put one relay up around Kerbin last night and realised I really need to get some geosynchronous sats up. 

Also finished designing my two section K&K Minmus base. But apparently I need a big ass rocket to get go Minmus in one stage.  A couple 'test' flights and it would fly Minmus but probably wouldn't get a good orbit.

50 minutes ago, kraden said:

@Freshmeat it looks to be Near Future Construction, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks. I got the mod, looking really nice.

In other news, I did spreadsheets for a deep space craft. Using TAC-LS and MOLE, it turns out I need two greenhouses and one Hab module (2 beds) to keep four kerbals supplied, using around 25 units of water in 5 years. Someone is going to have to have a hammock in the garden, it seems...

I landed on Duna!

2aZdwCi.jpg

I forgot to take a screenshot of the command-service module, so here's a screenshot of the launch vehicle, dubbed the Jupiter-V.

V1sSd7J.jpg

I flew the mission Apollo style, complete with reorienting the lander and CSM. The CSM had 7 liquid fuel only 1.25m fuel tanks, 4 of which were detachable. The only other parts were the heat shield, command pod, parachute, and battery bank. It was powered by 1 NERVA engine. Overall, the mission was a success! Everything functioned nominally (except for the CSM & lander reorientation) and I wound up having ~2,000 m/s of Delta-V leftover.

1 hour ago, Freshmeat said:

Thanks. I got the mod, looking really nice.

In other news, I did spreadsheets for a deep space craft. Using TAC-LS and MOLE, it turns out I need two greenhouses and one Hab module (2 beds) to keep four kerbals supplied, using around 25 units of water in 5 years. Someone is going to have to have a hammock in the garden, it seems...

Yes, it's a great mod. One of my top favorites. It has five large truss docking connectors of different shapes (matching different trusses shapes) for orbital assembly. I believe they're also stronger than stock docking ports. I haven't really used them yet as I'm not really into orbital assembly. The octo trusses can be configured into various storage tanks too.

Using my CPU to heat up my room once again: reinforced the centrifuge, added radiators, plated the aft section a bit, added fuel tanks and engines and ran out memory trying to launch it.

FhmrjVMg.png

Edited by vitekc45c

I spent almost an hour driving across the sands of Duna because I messed up the atmospheric entry and landed the crew and their habitation module 35km away from the Duna ascent vehicle, and the rover I brought only had seats for four of my six kerbals. Details will be coming later.

Edited by eloquentJane

My Sarnus (Saturn from Outer Planets Mod) mission is finally departing after quite lot of preparations. I'm going to land on every moon with 5-kerbal landers and return safely.

3VQpjKI.jpg

For attentive readers: As you can see, I'm burning on the day side of kerbin. It is because I'm going to take Eve gravity assist first.

Jeb takes the lander out to Ike.

screenshot1894_zpsgvj7skit.png

Does a back flip off the lander at the first site. If you are going to get an EVA report flying over Ike's Lowlands, do it in style.

screenshot1903_zpswdpc4nzv.png

He was more restrained at the Midlands site.screenshot1906_zpsjfso1xry.png

And back with all the science. There is enough fuel in the tanker for one more landing on Duna. Everyone gets some rest. Bill will pack the parachutes tomorrow and then Val will take the lander down.

screenshot1911_zpsyqxt9qna.png

Edited by N_Danger

The biomes on Jannah are all in the science container and the mothership was refueled. Here I am just before the docking to the mothership in the orbit of Jannah. At the top of the Lander the tank is still attached. I always take it down to the surface, then I need not to land so often. After refueling I dock him back to the end of the mothership.

hCE1S7v.jpg

After that, the Lander has set out for Augustus alone. I left the mothership at Jannah. I chosed a polar orbit around Augustus to use the Survey Scanner.

rV8oxaU.jpg

After that, I started the descending maneuver.

oBwP6vh.jpg

From above, however, this did not look so steep.:confused:

tI1EoqH.jpg

Greetings

More or less been busy lately to post KSP stuff. Been busy streaming KSP as well as other games since my last post. Well. Been streaming everyday. Anyways. Doing rescue missions as well as prepairing more craft to head off to Dres as the window is slowly approching. Already have a truck full of Kerbals ready as well as a claw refinery so when I upgrade by tracking station I will be able to farm roids around Dres for fuel. But, for now pre-pairing another craft that will act as a science lander and ore miner for Dres That will have another craft that will deploy the orbital scanner. At least that is my intent. Here is a nice little picture of Mün about to get a Kerbin Eclipse:

43F738A29D26EC55479F0EAE27E4FD9DEA05AA94

Today i started a whole new game, because i got fed up with Ven's stock revamp and naturally i couldn't just delete it, having too much mod-exclusive parts on different vessels, including comm sats for Remote tech, which i decided i would get rid of too...

I constructed an entirely new space shuttle and launcher using the B9 S2 parts. The launcher is fully reusable via stage recovery; this mission was launched just to test the capabilities of the shuttle.

Launch:

rJGzk6p.jpgDcX2LcP.jpg

1st stage SEP:

RwRdKhJ.jpg

2nd stage SEP:

Op7Mepf.jpg

It successfully got into orbit with 1/3 of its fuel left.

De-orbit:

KMM6VeH.jpg

Re-entry:

4XcD2u4.jpg

Stalling:

f3yMB6g.jpg

Initiating abort sequence:

iD2lqQ3.jpg

Cutting chutes to make a powered flight back to the runway:

y1l1QfG.jpg

Touchdown!

L8l2VDj.jpg

seoY9I4.jpg

I guess next time I need to add some vertical stabilizers! The good thing is, this new launch system is extremely cheap thanks to stage recovery; I got 3/4 of the total price back!