What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

@Triop - that is brilliant. Stealing this idea...

Haven't fallen off the world, y'all. Just been too busy to get in more than thirty minutes a day. I've got my activities logged for something like the past two weeks and I really need to get them on up here so I can bore y'all...

11 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Yep a whole mod, K5lw9fB.png

Check out the link in my Signiture

Holly cow! Looks really good. I'm still playing stockalike mostly but a time will come for something more futuristic and this looks very promising. Thank you and looking forward to the release.

New shuttle design. Already passed the glide and landing tests. Rather nimble for it's size actually. Lands at 45 m/s like butter.
Holds 12 Kerbals for crew, large docking port, expandable cargo bay for more crew/science or as a launch vehicle for small/mid sized satellites.

WXbDnQa.png

DtYSy9V.png

Just now, Kerbital said:

Holly cow! Looks really good. I'm still playing stockalike mostly but a time will come for something more futuristic and this looks very promising. Thank you and looking forward to the release.

No problem at all, the idea for this freighter was born sometime around my 3000th hour playing KSP!

As I mentioned in some previous posts, for various reasons, I have not yet reached beyond orbit of Dres in 500+ hours. Yesterday this changed! My Argon powered "disco" probe reached Jool and even landed on couple of moons. Mind you, I'm not playing realistic and I moded engines and stuff to be more powerful. This is my custom probe core built around a Fuel Tanks Plus model. It has lots of resources built in so you're not seeing any external tanks, etc. Still, managed to run out of juices and had to be remotely vaporized.

screenshot32.jpg

screenshot27.jpg

screenshot28.jpg

Meantime another mission reached Duna.

screenshot37.jpg

screenshot38.jpg

And today, another probe was sent to Jool with more resources and a small nuke reactor. And a modified 88-88 antenna that serves as a relay. I was really missing a foldable relay antenna.

screenshot41.jpg

screenshot43.jpg

screenshot44.jpg

Another missions is en-route to Duna. As new tech developed, a replacement ship and an improved lander was build for the Duna kerbonauts. Three more Kerbals will join them. After regrouping at Duna the six brave kerbonauts will continue outward. Well, hopefully. Unless I break the game again. But I put a freeze on adding any new mods until I finish this playthrough.

Oh, this is the main reason I wanted a foldable relay antenna, a tiny reusable reconnaissance probe that serves as a relay during missions then can be recovered and reused. It has a Jr docking port on the other side.

screenshot45.jpg

Edited by Kerbital

I had my proudest KIS moment to date.

I sent Jeb/Bob/Bill to build the beginnings of a base on the Mun. I've never been able to do an MKS base before because I bite off more than I can chew. So I decided to take it slow and keep it simple. I sent them with a small science lab, a greenhouse, and enough habitation/supplies to last a while. Unfortunately the Mun has a really long night, and I wanted to keep the greenhouse running if I could. So I also sent a towering ship loaded with batteries, fuel, and fuel cells. Everything arrived in one piece and I was feeling pretty good.

Then I realized the power tower had no power distribution. So then I send Val with a power distributor part, thinking it shouldn't be a big deal to stick that on and call it done. She arrives and everyone cheers. Bill goes out to bolt the new part on... And realizes that the stupid thing can't surface attach! Who ever heard of a power distributor that doesn't surface attach!? My skyscraper of a power station didn't have a single place to stick the thing... except for the point on the VERY top. It just so turns out that Val's shuttle is maybe 4 meters or so shorter. Maybe Bill can stand on his tip toes up there and reach across?

With expert skill, Valentina slowly scooted over as close as possible, by hovering inches over the ground while making use of the extra RCS. Bill climes to the top. Thankfully the KIS container was close to the top, so he was able to pull it out and stick it on top of Val's shuttle first.

Can he reach? Not quite. But there's a solar panel sticking out one meter overhead. He hops up onto the solar panel ever so carefully and crosses to the middle like he's some kind of Munar gymnist. Can he reach? No... no... there! With a few inches to spare, Bill screws on the power distributor and brings EC to his crew far below!

I feel like my KIS shenanigans goes south more often than not. I couldn't believe it actually worked that time!

My proudest, yet not most favorite part was saving three Kerbals after a space station imploded a while ago. I was also biting more than I could chew. First, I really dislike losing Kerbals. It's silly for a grownup but I get upset if any of my Kerbals die. Second, this was before I discovered Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod and my large structures were failing often.

I got lucky, as the lab and hab modules did not explode during the collapse and one of the docked vessels also survived with working RCS but disabled engine. I really suck at flying manually and that applies to controlling Kerbals in EVA. But I managed to maneuver the ship close enough using RCS and extend the ladder so it was not too hard to fly Kerbals and have them grab the ladder and board. MechJeb was great help with SmartASS and KillRot. No kidding, I really suck at flying.

The solar panels worked and there was enough power for the vessel to await a rescue craft that took Kerbals safely back home.

8 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Sorry about that! :blush: I must've been looking at the wrong post! I meant @Bornholio.

Successfully melting my brain.  They are one of the procedural tank texture choices (atlas maybe).  I like the brushed stainless steel look for tanks.  Assuming that's the answer to the question.

Welp finished sending of 7 Craft to Dres. Would have taken pictures. But, ye will see the pictures of the obit when they get there. Sadly looks like one might not make it. Good thing is it is not needed. Just would have been nice. Might cheat and give it fuel. But, in other news while waiting to do correction burns for Dres:

D09089635D2D079EAC96CCB7857448D454E94C9B

On 3/29/2017 at 9:32 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

I take it that landing is unauthorized? :wink: 

Well because a new parts contractor became available, again( Chaka ), management decided to have a secret test launch, so as not to offend any of the stockonlyist's out there...8).

It has led to very nice lander base being developed....will share later... 

Tried out the Gale stuff, x10 size did not work so well.  Stock is nice, but /easyModeOn.  few sounding rockets to get a reasonable engine, and sent up the comsats.

7wGARgJ.png6LzLuOg.png

Realized it didn't have the power generation it needed so the rest got bigger solar panels.

VxPLPGh.pnggqCJCLq.pngcaUTbZg.png

Edited by Bornholio

13 hours ago, Kerbital said:

First, I really dislike losing Kerbals. It's silly for a grownup but I get upset if any of my Kerbals die.

We'll just say you're a well adjusted grownup to moral values! (At least you save them, I just hyperedit them back and pretend it was all a dream!)

on on a different note, my save game of 6months died last night. Had an NaN error and on reboot would tell me the game had just started and that was it :( so new save just debating if doing it pre 1.3 or post

Not one of my better days.

I tried my hand at building a biplane, but by the time I had managed to get a kerbal into the command seat I didn't feel like debugging the design anymore.

I was returning a ship from the mun when I realized that I forgot the parachutes. I sent up a rescue ship, but kept accidentally hitting the stage button and decoupling the command pod.

In other news, I'm considering building a custom controller. I've got a plan for the layout, and think I could do it.