What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

17 hours ago, Kertech said:

on on a different note, my save game of 6months died last night. Had an NaN error and on reboot would tell me the game had just started and that was it :( so new save just debating if doing it pre 1.3 or post

Have you checked the "Backup" folder in the "Saves" folder?

Not sure what version this started but you could be nicely surprised.

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant

You can change everything you are..

And everything you will be..

But you must see..

What lies behind your spoiled thinking.

(Me)

(I had really bad week and i don't think it will get better)

1.Flight of the "Nightstriker" to the "Triangulurum" station. (It failed to dock as i gave up trying to prevent craft from drifting away from the docking port)

(And i also didn't picture the rocket because it was to unstable and i was too nervous)

0J8PgeN.png 

aPk0eiP.png  dh6sN6H.png

2. First part of solar relay "Crystall". It will help with colonizing Duna in the future.

sBfQ0zt.png ZWoZ9xH.png

3. Manning my Munar base with 3 new Kerbals. It is part of the big mission "Chance" to send 6 Kerbals to the Mun.

uRB9OEM.png dp6VL3J.png

4. Visit-2 iniciated a fly-by of Tylo and now will focus on the outer moons of Jool. Tylo is great friend when you suddenly want to get to the edge of Jool's SOI.(it actally visited all inner moons of Jool (Tylo,Vall,Laythe ))

Qt891Z4.png gAt0EQ7.png

5. Failure of the "Crystall-2" on the launch pad. I forgot to check my staging. Despite that upper stage was destroyed, the probe escaped using new LE system.

AXITd68.png x4Lwhdn.png

I am going to continue building my Duna base on Saturday and maybe something else.

16 minutes ago, Triop said:

Preparing an invasion, the tanks have no weapons because well, the planet is empty...

oAeg4xR.png

VICTORY WILL BE OURS ! :cool:

Nope you forgot the beach Towels!:D

22 hours ago, Triop said:

More ore scanning, this time under water.

Name?

One more from "Kerbibian Pirates" edition?:wink:

Finally managed to design a working moon rocket:lol: . Luna V proposal Three Aka Luna V P3

Spoiler

1ODaweD.png

Spoiler

r0S9wCU.png

Final ground tests of LEM v1.0 . mainly Hullcams and action groups

Spoiler

vA0uVxL.png

And this photo simulating Luna V P3 Departure stage + LEM launch , moments after S-IV separation

Spoiler

EIP3yKV.png

Edited by Alpha_Mike_741
forgot a pic . staging messed up . had to add spoilers

So the invasion started and we already have a casualty, a tank flipped while unplugging...(the pilot survived)

Amazing, not a singly enemy and already lost a tank. :sticktongue:

55lzQ3n.png

jdgxfw4.png

VCbzOZJ.png

EDIT: Managed to save the tank, minor damage !

izMWzao.png

tS3Dl7z.png

oyt025I.png

:lol:

Edited by Triop

So apparently my engineers have taken up the Sunny D motto of "Unleash the Power of the Sun!"

2017-03-31%2017-49-18.png

I may have added a few zeroes to the RGB values of a light in the craft file.

As a follow on, I modified a coaxial helicopter to do some experiments to test the limits of KSP light physics, and in the process made a craft that would probably be voted "most likely to cause an epileptic seizure." For this reason I did not leave the safety bubble with it.

2017-03-31%2021-35-04.png

Followed by the interestingly slightly less eye-hurting multicolor version.

2017-03-31%2021-48-29.png

This should probably be put on my "bad idea" list.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139
Stuff

20 hours ago, lobe said:

@GDJ Where is the cockpit from?

Parakasa Aeroworks. Some of the best cockpits ever made. IVA's are literally a work of art. Attention to detail in this mod is amazing.

Continuing a new Galileo Career, should have done SETI... oh well first manned mission, using USI life support, send three man ship to orbit, forget not playing RSS size, decide to change to free return Iota, then get there and an orbit is easy so change to orbit.  Come back to Gale and tree-fiddy richer science. Why is normal scale so easy... /sigh  got to orbit on my main stage and still had TII fuel so its out there orbitting.  My second stage got me there and back and even did 800dV of breaking in upper atmosphere.  The ship landed mostly intact.  Landing gear ring must be installed wrong,

hUHXThp.pngWWkFqwP.pngNwBT5ZZ.pngk7N86EZ.png

So i had three grumpy but now experienced kerbs.  Went into tourist mode right before re-entry good thing i added a probe core. Barely enough Life support too. Un-needed retro thrusters on capsule plus the fuel. need to add a jettison mod. that fuel almost took out the pod since the 'chutes were set up for dry mass. Litho-breaking saved Bob in the lower compartment.  Ring mount blew up and heat shield fell off.

Edited by Bornholio

9 hours ago, milosv123344 said:

Tried combining the uncombinable , massive space station around saturn, with a SpaceX ITX floating around it just for good measure . Massive steel/metal machinery orbiting at 30km/s , RSS

Holy Smokes this gives me goosebumps!

[1.2.1 Career Save] After earlier communication issues Moho Express Mk II managed flyby and transmitted science back to Kerbin.

2sSnH0s.png

Next (big) challenge is to enter orbit.

Meanwhile Science landing contracts continue at Minmus to unlock science and cash......

g6cdHdy.png

Recovered Kerb's from mars. Went back to my RSS campaign and had two large survey ships with landers on multi year trips.

Twelve to recover, each ship had a two person lander.  So two recovery shuttles sent to earth orbit to meet and grab the 'Nauts.

uruUlZZ.png

7wJwUA3.pngZv5PYd7.png

Plane change from 3deg to  0.3deg

nklWWbw.pngLBYhpUG.png

Sloppy plane change thought I'd miss by a few km but 50m was almost too close.

YdOUNpA.png

Crew taking pictures of the amazon basic from 80km up. Pretty gentle re-entry and descent into mid Atlantic near Kourou.  Multiple drogue types to prep for the big 'chutes.

ZYIbMK5.pngqIFZdDy.png

Way too much chute. Coming down at 2.8m/s.  RCS moved the pod in the water at 11.2m/s...Motor boat time.

VkCwL95.pngb4W8zFk.png

Edited by Bornholio
clean up pics, comments

Today, I had some fun on and around Iota (Galileo's Planet Pack)

10/10, would plunder again.

EDIT : also found these in my screenshots folder

Edited by el_coyoto
found a few more recent screenshots

I had my first asteroid encounter today, near Dres. I have not been paying much attention to asteroids since they required manual maneuvering around and I'm really an awful pilot. But this was nearby, so I tried. I managed to fly my Kerbal to the rock and back, uff.... it was nerve wrecking as the ship bounced off the rock and started drifting away. But my scientist, Sidgard Kerman made is safely back to the pod. Phew...

I still have an Xbox controller in a box. Would it be easy to control the pod and the Kerbal with a gamepad in this scenario? My biggest problem is that I get confused and lose track of what is up and down and accidentally thrust in the wrong direction and the panic.

screenshot71.jpg

screenshot72.jpg

screenshot73.jpg

Ah, and had to abandon the mission. Originally planned to stop at Dres and continue outwards. But, run into a game bug. I "merged" two landers and a miner with the mothership in the editor to save time. Two nodes won't detach. Only one lander detached. No way to refuel with a miner stuck to the mothership. Restarted the game several times So we're cutting the mission short while my brave kerbounatus still have fuel for a return trip. I'll go back to my old way of docking each daughtership in space to the main vessel. That never failed me.

The option to detach node disappears after clicking but the ships are still attached.

screenshot74.jpg

Edited by Kerbital

Today I could finally explore Loki from the GPP and updated my Mission report.

p1PygqO.jpg

At the same time my rover finally came to the use. The Rover is to remain on the moon.

qyeWnOn.jpg

Another reminder photo, so Mum does not think I'm sitting in the pub again.

0NBEfWB.jpg

After the research, I now have to get the additional tank to refuel the mother ship. At least 5 times I must now land and dock again to have enough fuel for the return to Gael.

31vWkNk.jpg

Holy Cow, 14.92% Ore. The richest ore place ever. I had never such a high value. The Lander is immediately full again.

3oqOJto.jpg

Greetings

Edited by astroheiko

@Triop Support incoming!

I scrapped my plan with dunar base and got into the stock armory! And i also challenge everyone to build a stock armored vehicle!

1."Smertonosez" (Deathbringer). Mobile rocket launcher. Can bring hell to a 15x15 square with 2 long range misiles and 2 short range ones.

wlY8cc8.png cVoEROH.png

2."Uragan" (hurricane) Unmanned autonomous tank.Comes with a deployable recon drone and 2 powerfull misiles.

UFRrv5y.png RCLzhP7.png

3. Combat crew transport "Striker". No weapon but a thicc armor.

q0tQz5a.png

4.Autonomous Vehicle Of Tank Support. Deadly and unmanned.

Gr10Nhz.png pq4RJNw.png

5. And 2 combat asist vehicles- "Dridder" and "Wasp". Both are smaller than a Kerbal, but deadlier than entire armored kerbal squad..

BAgZ0nw.png XPuyI8X.png

6. Phew! I almost forgot about the most technological crewed tank! "Terminator"

HYsSWmm.png HrxiFAP.png

I will get back to space next day..

Edited by cratercracker

Not today, but one week ago... I know, but I was kind of caught up with 'Kontakt,' but here it is... I launched my first interplanetary vessel EVER in my career save. With straight faces and optimistic hearts, four Kerbals, Jeb, Deswin, Leake, and Clauena, set out in the Ares-1 to land on Duna... and retrieve a special mineral called 'lidium.' See more here. The mission is very much 'Apollo Style,' with the entire stack launched upon one large rocket, and then reconfigured in orbit. It was based off of the Duna rocket @Matt Lowne used in his 'Expedition Eve Part 7,' as I wanted something that I knew would work.

The launch was so much fun, as I was  listening to Steppenwolf's 'Magic Carpet Ride' as the rocket ascended:

"I like to dream, yes, yes, right between my sound machine..."

aBswdnN.jpg

"On a cloud of sound I drift in the night, Any place it goes is right..."

CpdJM0I.jpg

"Goes far, flies near, to the stars away from here!"

oaRdyPr.jpg

"Well, you don't know what we can find..."

wHzkcDQ.jpg

Why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic carpet ride..."

5SJ7St4.jpg

"Yeehaw!"

0QwEaTu.jpg

...Ahemn. Now that that's over, here's the entire spacecraft in orbit, with the booster still attached:

2mHaZVy.jpg

And with no booster:

TvPMX8y.jpg

And after reconfiguration:

FUn17PQ.jpg

After a five-minute long transfer burn, with a small course correction nine days later (47 m/s DeltaV), the Ares-1 is now on a course towards a Duna aerobrake!

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

Quickly slapped together a ship with an empty pod, to orbit and retrieve Jeb, I used FL-T tanks and slapped on a couple Thuds for the booster stage. I think it is the first time I've ever used them. Kind of liked them. @Sigma88 if that was YOU, I'm still in orbit awaiting April 2!