One was male, One was female.

Hmm she is konsequent.

She hates all genders equalliy. This comes like a good old Dad-joke.....:wink:

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

4 minutes ago, Triop said:

For now 11.6 m/s...:/

I'm going to give it a bigger engine. :cool:

Karbonite one? I must build mostly ahydral wings with - AOA to hold the ships in water

My very first ever ORBITAL RENDEZVOUS!!

With buckets of new science from a probe fly-by of Mun laden with every piece of science gear I've so far unlocked (career mode), I was finally able to unlock Rockomax fuel tanks, as well as the Skipper and Poodle engines! With these new upgrades, I made another bid to complete a long-standing contract to rescue poor Magne Kerman from higher-than-Mun Kerbin orbit. Once again piloting a hilariously over-built rocket (that, once again, would turn out to only just barely have the necessary Delta-V to make up for my "skills"), Valentina took her seat in the Mk1 pod, with an empty inline cockpit behind her. Goobered the initial launch, at one point re-entering the atmosphere before powering back out into space again. I plotted my first ever encounter with an object smaller than Minmus, and the initial burn actually brought me to under 500 km of Magne's stricken pod! Not bad for a first try?

A couple more mid-course corrections took that down to ~65 km. Then I just let Valentina drift up to Magne's orbit. At this point, I realized I couldn't at all remember what Scott Manley says to do in the videos I used to watch almost religiously. So I winged it, and managed to actually bring Valentina to within 30 m of Magne's pod and perfectly match his(her?) orbit!

Then, it was off to put Magne on EVA to puff on over to the rescue ship. Note to self: Put lights on future rescue ships! For some reason EVAs are always incredibly harrowing for me, but when you're leaving the relative safety of a Mk1 crew cabin and intentionally flying away from it towards a freakin' shadow against the stars, it's far far worse! (In hindsight, I could have turned on the interior capsule lights -- those are new, aren't they? I always forget about them!) Anyway, got over there, and... can't enter the cockpit!! Now I'm panicking, Magne is still floating in space, bouncing off the ship again and again, and I can't figure out how to enter the cockpit, and of course can't enter the pod because Val is sitting in there!

Just happened to catch a glimpse during a semi-panicked almost-spin of the hand- and foot-holds on the side of the cockpit, and discovered that you actually enter this one from the side! Whew! Magne is onboard, and now officially the 5th member of my fledgling space program! Then I remember that I forgot to get an EVA report while I'm out here at HKO, so Magne hops back out, makes a quick report, and jumps back in, without ever letting go of the ladder! (Seriously, I'm pretty sure he ripped it off the side of the cockpit and kept it in his lap the entire way back to Kerbin!)

Start the burn to return to Kerbin, and then suddenly cut it short -- caught an accidental Mun intercept! Minor orbital slide later to skirt by at an altitude of ~9 km, rather than smashing into the surface, and Magne and Val are now the first Kerbals in this career to see the surface of Mun from so close. Curse myself for not putting an antenna on here to send back my earlier HKO crew report before remembering I have the pod and cockpit, so I can take a second crew report back! Get them back to Kerbin, throw a big parade -- totally worth almost ruining the pot of beans I had cooking at the same time!

Considering that I've been playing this game (admittedly off-and-on) since way back when landing on Mun required very gently laying your rocket down on its side (ideally on a hill you could use as a ramp to take off again), it's kind of sad that I've never done an orbital rendezvous before now...

Edited by Kromey

On 4/8/2017 at 8:21 PM, Odonian said:

UZGzd3q.png

kfAd43Y.png

p9sxRjl.png

Clonopsis Base fully operational, producing machinery, material kits, specialized parts and enriched nuclear fuel. A major step forward in making Kerbal-kind independent of Kerbin.

This is awesome. I've been playing with that station ring too. I made it into a ship by editing the cfg files and giving it everything it needs from fuel and command module to nuclear reactor so all it needed was some engines and landing legs. I was not sure where I was going with it but now it looks like you gave me an idea. It's a really an awesome base. I can make a copy of the file and turn it into a lab, etc.

screenshot6.jpg

screenshot14.jpg

9 hours ago, Aphobius said:

Well, it took a little more than just "today" to make it, but here it is:

I've also made THIS TOPIC if you have any questions or you want to say anything about it.

Mind blown! And I'm out of likes for today!

I play without doing any calculations and stuff so sometimes I get caught by surprise. Using Tweak Scale makes it worse since I lose track of size of various ships I'm flying. So when I sent this vessel to pick up some Kerbals from the space station for a new voyage I was totally caught by surprise, I expected the vessel to be much smaller and here it is almost as big as the station itself. But it docked just fine. Thanks MechJeb and KJR :)

screenshot6.jpg

Edited by Kerbital

On my latest-and-greatest career campaign...  I landed nine "Uni" probes on Minmus to investigate likely locations for a surface fuel mining-and-refining base.  I labeled the sites Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, and Theta and planned to name my base after the site name.  Guess where I found the highest ore concentration?   Alpha.  Granted, "Minbase Alpha" isn't a bad name and the derivation is logical, but it sounds like I didn't try very hard to be original.  (Really, my money would have been on Delta or Gamma, but those sites turned out to have the lowest ore levels...)

(I added a Sigma site, hence the ninth lander, and plan for a polar lander that will be Omega, but it's not under consideration as a base site, all of which are more or less equatorial for reasons of economy...)

Edited by MaxwellsDemon

Speaking of stations. The station has undergone an expansion.

First, it was separated at one of the joints. Since I don't use orbital tugs and the claw because I can't fly and have to depend on MechJeb, the station was built in a way that each segment has RCS thrusters, monoprop tanks and probe core so it can move autonomously. There are custom-moded parts there. The right segment is moving. I was afraid the large non-retractable solar panels will be a problem but their weight turned out to be negligible and did not affect the movement of the segment. I just pumped the fuel out of the docked blue vessel to the large tank on the left.

01.jpg

Then an SSTU ring was installed. Well, installed itself, LOL:)

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Then the station segments reconnected themselves.

06.jpg

07.jpg

A delivery of large amount of rocket parts was needed to inflate the ring.

08.jpg

And ta daaa! The station got a new ring!

09.jpg

1 minute ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Of all the many things one can achieve for the first time in KSP, this is never not worthy of bragging about. It even took NASA a couple of tries to get right. :cool:

;.; Never done that..... I've never even (successfully) gone past the atmosphere without cheats... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh my, what happened here??? Space vandals? What....? I just loaded a saved game. I did not leave ISRU on this time. I'm getting tired of the stupid physics bugs.

Hmmm, I left the NF reactors on. Perhaps that cause it? I'd go all-solar but the Lithium/EC powered plasma engines are power hungry.

screenshot5.jpg

screenshot12.jpg

screenshot18.jpg

Edited by Kerbital

Just now, Kerbital said:

Oh my, what happened here??? Space vandals? What....? I just loaded a saved game. I did not leave ISRU on this time. I'm getting tired of the stupid physics bugs.

Those jerks.  I fought them a few times.  They usually mess with my shrouds when I'm not looking.

5 minutes ago, Bornholio said:

Those jerks.  I fought them a few times.  They usually mess with my shrouds when I'm not looking.

LOL, yeah. But at least the shrouds are harmless. This is kind of terminal. I need to evac my Kerbals.

I thought the ship-breaks-apart-wneh-you-load-a-game bug was triggered by ISRU if left on. It could be anything that generates heat, such as the nukes in this case. I'll have to remember to turn everything off before closing the game. I will use the same build of the same ship to see if that is the case.

Edited by Kerbital

Last night, I made some big plans. My biggest project ever. A Munar base. Complete with 1 main habitation module, 1 Science lab, 2 ISRU units, 3 Emergency Evacuation Rockets, 1 massive satellite relay, and 4 rovers (For exploring ONLY! Yeah, I'm talking to you, Jeb)

1 minute ago, Fearless Son said:

Technically, he is a sponge, not a cheese.  

Giant sponges (especially undead giant sponges) are the bane of Dwarf Fortress players.  

Ah, that's Sponge Bob? I get it now, looked to me like cheese. Sorry, I don't have kids and don't watch TV.

49 minutes ago, Fearless Son said:

... why do they need a boat at the bottom of the sea?  :confused:

Even more weird, they also have a beach...:sticktongue:

Building bigger better boats 4 Bob. (stock)

zIGdyyQ.png

Next up : Noah's Ark :lol:

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Last night, I made some big plans. My biggest project ever. A Munar base. Complete with 1 main habitation module, 1 Science lab, 2 ISRU units, 3 Emergency Evacuation Rockets, 1 massive satellite relay, and 4 rovers (For exploring ONLY! Yeah, I'm talking to you, Jeb)

...and yet you've never gone past the atmosphere without cheats... :wink:

I drove over 300km across Duna in this thing:

xj5ZTfi.jpg

The whole journey took about nine hours thanks to numerous crashes (a small steering wobble can be catastrophic at 70mph, and I also now have a deep hatred of the bug that can switch your PoC back to the default, vertically-oriented part on exiting Map View, since it causes MJ Rover Autopilot to mess itself and take a hard left turn, flipping the craft), hills steeper than its 25% max gradient (causing slow zigzagging and necessitating sometimes lengthy manual diversions) and realising than you forgot to take a surface sample in all the biomes and having to reload back to the start.

The klaw on top is so it could dock with the Duna Express mothership after ascent and transfer any leftover fuel to it (I still *almost* managed to deorbit it with >120 bits of quality Duna science still on board).

Edited by voicey99