What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Tried to design a new shuttle to launch an insane telescope, modeled after the spitzer space telescope.

rfv2B4i.png

Telescope. Too big as assembled for mk3 cargo bay

bnNpNCV.png

Launch attempt. Failed before the end of the runway

sQz2PkV.png

Cheated shuttle in orbit, going for reentry. 'Splosions followed.

EDIT: Retested with new booster design, got into orbit pretty much full.

Spoiler

uCbgZhM.png

y1pEVq9.png

LsA4W6U.png

Edited by qzgy

Hi pals and gals! How is it going?

Okay, i got hyperdepressed again and played KSP to cheer myself up...

1. ''Pursuit" orbits and returns from Moho! I wanted to make space travel more easy,less messy. 

itftWaK.png ABuCE3b.png

VHh9Q6S.png bj2BqjC.png

V1r6pFR.png

2. Small spacestation launched using a new rocket- ''Novax"

tfOg2L1.png oFLuAqf.png

QvZiOhU.png

3. A small capsule (Mk1) i send to this station! It used a lovely solid first stage to get it into a suborbital trajectury!

YY4sCDb.png 0xqpjHZ.png

55TXDmJ.png ScxXpJx.png

4. A new and fully reusable rocket have been tested-"Penultimatum"

V03BfXy.png 1lLhcYs.png

pNRl9xq.png jChXPbn.png

4ebcBaB.png

5. Valentina has been saved from by a new autonomous aircraft. Interesting thing is that this aircraft can takeoff and fly at 32m/s!

49BoYpd.png pdZau23.png

R0G2BbW.png ojeTnXj.png

That is it for now folks...

Edited by cratercracker

BIIk9I0.png

Test flying the Archangel (yes, I built it based from gundam)

cNy4gGa.png

Managed to get into orbit

WIzevQd.png

Curiously trying how far I can fly her, I ended up on munar orbit

ZO6lxlQ.png

Test landing her, and it's success :D

Today I'm building a superheavy vehicle that will install my future Laythe ground base.

It carries a central rotating section that will be able to hold 3 ground base modules (or any other cargo stuff) that can be dropped on the ground smoothly by lowering the suspensions, and this whole central section will rotate like a gun barrel. Another advantage is that the front and the rear of the vehicle can rotate freely individually, so the handling is pretty good on irregular ground.

I wanted some original driving so I made a pendular and extendable suspension system (with Infernal Robotics Rework parts : Extendatrons and Bearing Rotatrons). And that works pretty good !

LVPb7Ku.jpg
QaJWWrB.jpgGBFSXXd.jpgSsXwxQc.jpgXZTmjHt.jpg

Edited by Knacky

I aced a rendezvous landing on my Minmus base. That doesn't sound very special, until you see that I had jacked the vacuum ambient light level with PlanetShine down to 0.01 (basically Vantablack-default is 0.03, which is orders of magnitude brighter) to make landing and docking at night a real challenge-however, on forgetting any lights like an idiot, I had to land in total darkness:

S1cjLkC.png

When you add in the fact that I was in the comm shadow at the time and only had limited probe control (as the ship was only carrying tourists), I'm amazed I managed to land it at all (thanks to MJ's radar alt display and BBT's time-to-impact readout). I had no idea how close I had landed.....

UG9zkby.png

.....until Kerbol rose on the most accurate landing in my entire KSP history, while flying near-blind and with no throttle ability or MJ autoland. Sometimes I still amaze even myself.

Finally I did it. After two days which I spent in the fight with KSP's buyoancy model, it finally works.

Hard to control, have some unexpected features, but works.

7VwDSB7.png

B5mAUfP.png

vxKQ0fR.png

Controlled by ballast transfer:

ElnY2QY.png

5C2zx9j.png

Have an ore drillers and converter, so you can be totally autonomous for unlimited time. Also, solar panels duplicated by fuell cells array. And of course, no mods, stock only parts. Launching system included.

Download from KerbalX: https://kerbalx.com/Ajiko/Little-Submarine

Edited by Ajiko

Rescued some kerbals from a dead Mun lander in my shiny new nuclear test ship, the Helios II, before de-orbiting it in spectacular fashion:

Next stop: Jool. In a ship four times the Helios' size.

Edited by Hoddd9000

Today we are finally going on with the exploration of the Nero system. The lander reached an orbit around Muse as planned.

AOmIvCq.jpg

But things went wrong. Years ago, I had already sent a survey probe to investigate the ore deposits of the moons. With
Hadrian and Narisse, this also yielded reliable results, however, a higher power prevented an exploration of Muse. For
unknown reasons, the probe data could not be displayed. A hurriedly summoned meeting with the best scientists of Gael could
not offer a solution. Even other beings (JadeOfMar) from a hitherto unknown dimension called Kerbalinternet took part in a
solution search (at this point thanks again to @JadeOfMaar). Unfortunately, the successes were still missing and the probe
still did not yield any results. Since a landing without a profound knowledge of the ore deposits was not to be thought of,
the universe decided to have mercy with the brave explorers and there appeared a narrow band scanner with appropriate
docking port right next to the lander. So equipped can the crew at least find where enough ore can be found to replenish the
fuel reserves.

The resource overlay gives me no data for Muse although all prerequisites are fulfilled. Also JadeOfMar found no solution to
the problem. The only way is the Narrow-Band scanner to find ore. I had no other choice as to cheat a narrow band scanner,
otherwise I should have had to cancel the mission. Normally I do not, but I think in this case it is OK, actually I have the
equipment in orbit.

oRpnkue.jpg

Now the crew is on Muse. The landing was successful and I have a nice constellation with Nero in the background. The small
moon outside the ring is Hadrian, and when you look closely you can see Narisse next to it in the shadow of the ring.

2x4szxj.jpg

On the way to the next Biom. In the background, Nero and Hadrian, who throws his shadow on Nero.

cbqhVBC.jpg

Another landing in the beautiful landscape of Muse.

rpiZcL6.jpg

All biomes are visited, I bring 122 records with me. It still lacks the flag and as always a reminder photo.

7qaEHbp.jpg

After that it goes back to the orbit. The next destination is Minona, with 3041 m/s dV in the tanks this should be possible.

sKPj6sa.jpg

Greetings

Edited by astroheiko

2 hours ago, Ajiko said:

Finally I did it. After two days which I spent in the fight with KSP's buyoancy model, it finally works.

Hard to control, have some unexpected features, but works.

7VwDSB7.png

vxKQ0fR.png

Have an ore drillers and converter, so you can be totally autonomous for unlimited time. Also, solar panels duplicated by fuell cells array. And of course, no mods, stock only parts. Launching system included.

Download from KerbalX: https://kerbalx.com/Ajiko/Little-Submarine

Pure stock? That is a gorgeous little sub!

Today marked the launch of the Explorer 1 science ship.

CyDpGWX.png

It's indeterminate mission: To explore strange new worlds. To plant flags on them. To boldly SCIENCE where no Kerbal has SCIENCEd before.

v0fipsO.jpg

In the grand tradition of space exploration vessels, it'll be spending a lot of its time flying inside fully-charted territory. In fact, its first mission will involve ferrying a VIP to Gilly. Of course it'll also be carrying parts to expand Gilly's space station, a crew rotation for the Gilly mining operation and a crew transport module that will allow the current mining crew to use one of its already on-site tugs to return home. In addition to that it'll be conducting at least one science landing on Gilly (the mining crew didn't bring any experiments with them,) processing the data obtained from that landing and giving the mining crew some much-deserved promotions. After that it'll be on to Moho.

ttgmloY.jpg

Here it is with the station parts and lander, burning to Minmus. The crew modules are already there.

This is also the first vessel to carry my new flag. I got tired of the standard "Trippy" design.

o3Cs8pk.png

Edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot

33 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Let's just hope they don't press spacebar.

Fairings excluded from staging, everything will be OK :)

I think I will write some instructions how to control it, on KerbalX craft page, after some more testing, Maybe tuning. Forgot what fuell cells needed Ox, need small LfOx tank, for example.

8 minutes ago, TheDARKOMETER said:

Made a tank (may not be the best looking tank) in KSP, Inspired by Robbaz's recent KSP video

Fresh out of R&D.

Field Tested

Cool tank! What mod did you use for it's tracks?

Edited by ARS

1 hour ago, ARS said:

Cool tank! What mod did you use for it's tracks?

Cool SSTO I have to say as well, Considering I've been playing KSP for so long and I have not even made a proper SSTO T_T! ;.;

For the Tracks I used Kerbal Foundries ^^.