What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

4 hours ago, TheDARKOMETER said:

For the Tracks I used Kerbal Foundries ^^.

Hehe, the one and only tracks mod, as far as I'm aware.  Still owe a huge thanks to @lo-fi for his development of the original system and code for making that kind of stuff work in KSP.

Always nice to see those parts still getting used :cool:

1 minute ago, Shadowmage said:

Hehe, the one and only tracks mod, as far as I'm aware.  Still owe a huge thanks to @lo-fi for his development of the original system and code for making that kind of stuff work in KSP.

Always nice to see those parts still getting used :cool:

Holy crap:0.0: I didn't expect to see the creator of one of the best mods I use to reply to my craft. Love your mods man, made so much bad-S vehicles with em, and your adjustable landing gear helped a ton with my planes!:) Keep it up man!

9 hours ago, ARS said:

Successfully tested my revamped SSTO "Starlight Dream"

Continuing testing the performance of Archangel

Awesome....I'm lost for words :o Simply AWESOME

I get the irresistible urge to build a new SSTO.

Edited by astroheiko

Found that the difference between a massive pancake and a massive soda can on top of a rocket is about 600 m/s of dV on reaching orbit.  This from flying the same rocket on the same ascent profile, with no other changes than flipping the payload on end to allow a narrower fairing.  Not sure if this is primarily due to the steeper ends of the fairing or the smaller width.  The visual difference in width is small, but the difference in drag is enormous.

Edited by HalcyonSon

Testing my newest SSTO project, a 71-seat passenger SSTO, "Grateful Sunray"

My objective is to test whether she's able to reach stable orbit or not (haven't tested her anyway)

mV4Bf2s.png

Taking off!

qfYCFec.png

From this point, I did not alter my pitch, yaw and roll of my craft. I left her flying alone and simply observing it (I'm too lazy, and besides, I'm curious about how far she can go unassisted)

DjzaYK2.png

Getting higher and faster...

pdeja6R.png

Dat heating...

AvwQdFQ.png

Suborbital trajectory reached (well that's kinda impressive)

t0I0yHJ.png

Begin circularization burn

tww3DkK.png

Stable orbit reached!

MCL4tCQ.png

And there's still some fuel left for deorbit burn. Mission accomplished! :D

I sent a SCANsat probe to Minmus.

Then I took my Plane That FliesTM and took it for a spin.

My first time on the island runway, actually. I also planted a flag on the resident anomaly.

Then I went back to KSC, trying for a first successful return. (I had never landed on the runway before)

Done! Mostly.

Then I decided to goof around with it.

I bring you great news!!! for I have done something I have never done, but you have probably done it 50 times, for I...HAVE LANDED ON THE MUN!!!

WdBc9PQ.png

but then this happened...I ran out of fuel... :(

4fBmxZd.png

oh, I also saw this:

Ezeg3Q9.png

Edited by StupidAndy

9 hours ago, TheDARKOMETER said:

I didn't expect to see the creator of one of the best mods I use to reply to my craft.

To be fair, I am not the original creator of KerbalFoundries, that credit goes to @lo-fi and @Gaalidas.  I did however work some magic to get them working in the KSP 1.1+ environment, and am the current maintainer of the mod.

Either way, thanks, and glad you are enjoying it :)

I finished what I started....

Spoiler

What? You thought I murdered someone? No, I finally landed an explody shuttle.

Entire mission report. Good luck on the 84 images.

3 minutes ago, qzgy said:

I finished what I started....

Hide contents

What? You thought I murdered someone? No, I finally landed an explody

Entire mission report. Good luck on the 84 images.

Do you have a Cacteye telescope inside it?

1 minute ago, Bornholio said:

Do you have a Cacteye telescope inside it?

No, stock one. Could theoretically put a cacteye one in though....

Edited by qzgy

My Jool transfer window opened but I didn't have any heavy tugs available to send off my planned Pol mining base and space station. I didn't want to waste the window, though, so I sent off a light tug with some miscellaneous supplies that the mine will eventually need.

jkFhp62.png

Explorer 1 arrived at Minmus and I had to spend a lot of time swapping and re-arranging parts to get things into the right configuration for its Eve trip.

9e62hMx.jpg

That big mess sticking out horizontally from the station's top orange tank is Explorer 1 and its cargo. It's going to take a lot of trips to the Minmus mining installation to get enough fuel for this thing to get to Eve. Fortunately I've got over 300 days until the next transfer window opens, so I have time.

I also rescued an unfortunate Kerbal from the Mun's south pole, which was a major pain. Ionic Symphonic Protonic Electronics needs to learn a thing or two about mission planning.

Edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Too many pictures... Lunar science.  won't be a next one for a while but. Remember to put on RCS.  Almost could not circularized at the moon.  RO/RP-0 very much nerfs SAS, my sat had zero after the transit bus separated.

MhrKDpR.gif

Ahoy mates! I am glad you're still alive! (or not,lol)

Here is some latest stuff of mine!

1. "Drifter" arrives at Jool! A probe went a long way,from Eve to the outlands of Joolian System.. And it also sent an impactor into the Tylo!

pqJunEh.png U6ZF9DV.png

20EdjZB.png 9r1txXS.png

lz9P6ZA.png QQw7Cob.png

2. Launch of solar panels to the new station! 

XQh4Lky.png ymAGlg6.png

LM8VG7k.png t6bn7B5.png

3. And now,we are heading home! Reenty is always dangerous, but it is also awesome at the same time!

A8TBK3x.png bwHDMXk.png

Q3D2PWJ.png ogTCPf8.png

4. An old Eve lander transmitted photos from the surface! Long time ago a small lander was launched towards Eve,it suffered some communication problems,but now it is back on track!

O8ynhJu.png K1iDF8F.png

db4zn2L.png 59pcrOX.png

5. Screenshot of the day- Ascent of the "Velocitieze"!

hbnHUMx.png

I finished off 25 probe missions to the 5 closest planets to Kerbin in my career (Harvest, Eve, Arkas, Mios and Duna) 

mHm19VM.jpg

So now I not only have robust com systems around the 5 most accessible planets but also have enough science to get the final two massive rocketry nodes

KiwUZaP.jpg

Saturn Ib mission

3uwhtpV.jpg So now on to something BIG!!!!

O32kvJK.jpgMy Saturn V!! And then "did it apollo style" (post-pendingtm now below) The V is basically the same as the Ib (as you can see), but with a big stage on the bottom and the surface rated engines for the first stage of the Ib were switched to vacuum suitable (dual penguins)

ywlHN8p.jpghyTL4bq.jpgI3Rp3Le.jpg

Below just some stats on the scale world scale=10, atmosphere scaled to 1.42 (for karman line (100km) as space)

zG5SfUw.jpg

Edited by Kertech

Had fun with helicopters. 

Made my second video ever. Happened to be playing in a save made by DMP.  Apparently somebody made Kirrim Kerman an orange suit.

Need to finish installing Lightworks so I can start editing these things.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

Hi Everyone,

I have finally after almost a year of playing KSP on and off, finally managed to get a space craft to do a flyby of the Mun and return safely  with all the science data it gathered.

Since then I have repeated the process 3 further times with the same results.

I am now going to learn how to do rescue and rendezvous/docking mission before attempting anything more advanced.

Below is a screenshot of my ship passing the mun before returning home. I have also got a video of my 4th Mun flyby using OBS so will be taking videos of significant missions/milestones.

Game is completely stock. No mods.

All the best,

Rick

18320475_770336676466716_737006308454750

Edited by Rickpadwick1891