What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 hour ago, Starman4308 said:

The first telescope I launched has returned images from many of the celestial bodies, and I've got to say I love it. I'm going to have to figure out how to set the controls really fine, though, because these were all done via MechJeb pointing.

Those telescope images are gorgeous! How is you don't have all sorts of artifacts in the clouds?

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

Those telescope images are gorgeous! How is you don't have all sorts of artifacts in the clouds?

Um, if it helps, this is what I'm running for visual mods, I'm running Scatterer with defaults (some GPP-specific stuff as described in the GPP manual), and Distant Object Enhancement with stock configuration. I haven't installed SVE or SVT for fear of clashing with GPP.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

No 1337 entry for me. :( I spent my KSP time attacking some large planet pack problems. Well I fixed 1.5 of 3...

Owww, you will gonna do fine on page 1338. ^_^

IAfXTN3l.pngls8bI52l.pngQxTw1SZl.pngSaqjJgmh.png

Created a VTOL ship and sent it to Minmus with a base parts payload in my sandbox save. After I decided not to attempt an SSTO design, I strapped my new VTOL ship to the biggest rocket in my launcher sub-assemblies, and said go for launch.

a5YqNL2l.pngAXOO4ush.pngEsBUeIp.png

Thanks to @panzer1b's beautiful low-lag dust effects(I modified the dust color, but the default color is generally just as good, with just a more alien feel), the scenery of this landing amazed me (it looked better in full 1920 x 1080, without Imgur's size reductions).(open below image in new tab for a view of the inside cargo space!)

cbU25lm.pngrqEgzuG.gifth_gl1300.pngth_gl1300.pngc8dC1QY.gif

After landing with plenty of spare fuel, I opened the bay doors, and rolled out the payloads: two 2.5m-1.25m adapters for the Minmus base, with fuel storage capacity, comms, and docking ports, and two sets of two 2-wheeled 1.25m tubes (each tube can un-dock via 0.625m ports, and to be honest, the tubes' only purposes are as test/structural pieces with some batteries and RCS systems).

ESRE0ZWl.pngfLX9cnDl.png

Now, I am preparing a second delivery run, with a new version of the VTOL (the one seen here has no inside docking ports and no EC generation) and with a new, interesting payload.

Edited by LaytheDragon

1 hour ago, Starman4308 said:

Um, if it helps, this is what I'm running for visual mods, I'm running Scatterer with defaults (some GPP-specific stuff as described in the GPP manual), and Distant Object Enhancement with stock configuration. I haven't installed SVE or SVT for fear of clashing with GPP.

But you've got EVE for clouds, right?

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

-snip-

So, you aren't addicted! I am...

Or did you not have time....?

I had to do another shuttle challenge. (What? I like them. I also have the craft)

Some pics/an "abridged" version without commentary.

Spoiler

hKn6iPP.png

TKonbcU.png

WGojDXh.png

TsnO1hp.png

2Ug4svk.png

iydNwJL.png

XnTXbvj.png

GhWnQj0.png

biBSpx0.png

lt6gnas.png

KRfn8TL.png

b9gxb0m.png

ZBIenje.png

thheUff.png

qQkbnEo.png

xSwDUOO.png

XVjoIM9.png

FcMLxOE.png

Full report.

Edit: Still don't understand why there are so many pics. This literally takes up a ninth of my screenshot folder.

Edited by qzgy

LLGsSIx.png

The best freighter...

The most powerful freighter...

The heaviest Freighter...

The Freighter with the largest cargo capacity...

This is the hypernovae MK4...

Greetings fellow KSP players! You might know me for that somewhat cool space program I have been doing for the past few months, I had gone into hiatus but not to fret! I might be breaking out of that mold soon! Here we have the Hypernovae MK4, the fourth installation of the Hypernovae series. It was created by me and supernovae industries (who were also created by me.) This craft is a freighter, a permanent cargo boat in space that hauls large payloads between planets. This hypernovae is the most powerful out of the entire class, capable of hauling not 1 kiloton, not 2 kilotons, but 10 FREAKING KILOTONS OF PAYLOAD! Talk about a upgrade! The hypernovae mk4 also looks like a beefed up hypernovae MK2, as seen here:

BxDSvtC.png

So yea! This is the hypernovae MK4! Also, you can get it yourselves :D

https://kerbalx.com/Planetace/Hypernovae-MK4

Edited by Planetace

21 hours ago, Kertech said:

I finished off 25 probe missions to the 5 closest planets to Kerbin in my career (Harvest, Eve, Arkas, Mios and Duna) 

mHm19VM.jpg

So now I not only have robust com systems around the 5 most accessible planets but also have enough science to get the final two massive rocketry nodes

KiwUZaP.jpg

Saturn Ib mission

3uwhtpV.jpg So now on to something BIG!!!!

O32kvJK.jpgMy Saturn V!! And then "did it apollo style" (post-pendingtm now below) The V is basically the same as the Ib (as you can see), but with a big stage on the bottom and the surface rated engines for the first stage of the Ib were switched to vacuum suitable (dual penguins)

ywlHN8p.jpghyTL4bq.jpgI3Rp3Le.jpg

Below just some stats on the scale world scale=10, atmosphere scaled to 1.42 (for karman line (100km) as space)

zG5SfUw.jpg

What mod did you use for the custom Kerbals with shiny visors?

I sent a couple of landers to Minmus.  The first mission was to test the T-1 Toroidal Aerospike "Dart" engine.  The four Mk-55 "Thud" engines were too powerful so I had to reduce their thust to 2% to make a successful landing.  The second mission was a gravimeter mission covering five locations so a rover was used.  This design has less fuel that the previous land and the 4 thuds were replace by 3 LV-1R "Spiders".  The landing was a lot more smoother this time.

3 hours ago, TheDARKOMETER said:

What mod did you use for the custom Kerbals with shiny visors?

Pretty sure that's texture replacer 

and then the rest of the suit texture comes from 

I accidentally installed texture replacer with procedural tanks and decided why not go all out on it if I have to have it!

46 minutes ago, Kertech said:

Pretty sure that's texture replacer 

and then the rest of the suit texture comes from 

I accidentally installed texture replacer with procedural tanks and decided why not go all out on it if I have to have it!

Alright! Thanks!^^