What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Hi.

(minimalism is great)

I had problems with my family and almost forgot to play KSP! 

But,here is the stuff i did:

1. "Chance-3" landed on the Mun! This lander carries a punch of experiments and new things to test!

Bw2WkkV.png 1HSyLzS.png

wbhdc6X.png Vkbw1Cs.png

2. ''Javelin" orbits and lands back at KSC! This small and quick shuttle is perfect for small missions to explore Kerbin from orbit!

lmjpgQ7.png LOn4TVd.png

CWq0Xe7.png fQvPtk6.png

3. A parade of victory! My tribute to 9th of May! (it is day when we celebrate the end of WW2) No mechjeb is harsh.

nRzkFJb.png miFocW0.png

ToagQSK.png 8J8EnKc.png

4. "Gardemarine" reusable rocket was put in use!

ICSMJB5.png QT4wHW6.png

fV55ilZ.png wHyhhrj.png

kEf02Og.png 2GHri8i.png

5. A new rocket designed! Submit a payload into my PM and will launch it!

ONKocZZ.png NkRZWwM.png

viU7qDk.png

I took a break from KSP for a bit. Meantime, I figured out how to record and make videos so brace yourself. LOL. Here is something big for starters.

PS. Man, I wish i did this when I was messing with TCA and VTOLs, some failures were truly spectacular.

Edited by Kerbital

Well damn me and everything I wanted is to place little probe around Mun (It ended up on minmus) If you want to look at this yourself here is a save for you (Yeah I used electricity cheat because I didn't plan to fly with this but it felt wrong to waste whole stage)
20170510204651_1.jpg

20170510204700_1.jpg

Spoiler

20170510205053_1.jpg

Edited by Numerlor

Stelgy did some work on my D.O.L. today, she cleaned up some part that was no longer needed, and moved them to other places. When she got back inside, she made sure that the engineers got ready to build one of the ships that will fly between Ike and the station.

I did not have a lot of time to play today, since I had to take the theory test for the drivers license I'm taking. I was incredibly nervous, but passed without a mistake, yay! :D

xFyVyJk.png

Hey all Kerbalizers.

Today I returned to one of my least favourite things.

Shuttles, STS, Orbiter. Take your pick. All the same.

So because I dislike them I decided to build small.

Spoiler

0pURrF3.png

And woudjoonowit? It's my best one yet.

5Ulep1Gg.png

AcWzU4Cg.png

s4RztQNg.png

It took me 3 de-orbiting try to get it on the KSC. And 4 shot at the runway. But There it is.

JewXODeg.png

A bit squirely on the flare. The cargo bay Should be bigger but there isn’t anything closable that I could use....

It came back with 700 m per seconds in the tank so it could take more payload, go higher, whatever.

Now I am tempted to put air-breathing engines on it....

Nah. Probably ruin a good fluke.

But it does make me wonder if perhaps I learned something and should do the Shuttle Challenge again.

ME

Lagerlenna and Obfry Kerman are already on the hunt for the red jewel since 25 years and 284 days. Those datas which are spitting out of the
flight computer are scary. The orbital velocity increases rapidly. Nearly 10500 m/s they are already fast though they still need over 100
days to the Periapsis. The temperature also is getting higher and higher, hopefully they have enough space betwenn Grannus and themselves not to burn up.

tnxJKj1.jpg

Obfry and Lagerlenna decide to read the speed, the altitude and the temperature at regular intervals and record them in the logbook. In the
case that they should not survive the journey, at least subsequent Gaelnauts may perhaps benefit from it. Obfry writes the following:

50 days to the PE - orbital speed 11.870 m/s - Altitude 17.009.400 km - 112.74 degrees Kelvin.
25 days to the PE - orbital speed 13.820 m/s - Altitude 10.178.000 km - 126.11 degrees Kelvin.
10 days to the PE - orbital speed 17,535 m/s - Altitude 05.249.100 km - 157.57 degrees Kelvin.
Grannus is now growing rapidly, still no surface detail to recognize. The temperature increases rapidly.

CIgKlvA.jpg

5 days to the PE - orbital speed 21.460 m/s - Altitude 03.201.300 km - 178.79 degrees Kelvin.
3 days to the PE - orbital speed 25.150 m/s - Altitude 02.220.200 km - 217.55 degrees Kelvin.
1 days to the PE - orbital speed 36.207 m/s - Altitude 00.993.700 km - 203.27 degrees Kelvin.
Grannus is now very much bigger, first surface details discovered, the thermometer seems to be broken, have reached in space near and start
collecting data, I worry about Lagerlenna - she still needs to pick up the data from the devices, hope she can withstand the radiation,

73kDBxK.jpg

3 hours to the PE - orbital speed 46.253 m/s - Altitude 584.636 km - 263.62 degrees Kelvin.
2 hours to the PE - orbital speed 53.622 m/s - Altitude 423.580 km - 201.33 degrees Kelvin.
1 hour to the PE  - orbital speed 69.162 m/s - Altitude 240.044 km - 245.89 degrees Kelvin.
15 minutes before reaching the Pe - board computer alarm. The temperature rose sharply to more than 900 degrees Kelvin. Massive heat
problems affect the systems. turned the endangered parts of Grannus away. I think we will die.

MTNCcA2.jpg

5 minutes before the periapsis, turn the ship back to save the Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators before the collapse, starting with
roll maneuvers to spread the heat.
Periapsis reached - orbital velocity 112.816 m/s - Altitude 70.503 km - 427.13 degrees Kelvin. Flight time so far: 25 years and 348 days.
We will die, the whole ship is overheated, do not know what to do any more.

Qyr9qPJ.jpg

kukI0ME.jpg

A miracle has happened. Lagerlenna and I are still alive, have reached safe altitude of 900,000 km, systems cool slowly down, look forward
to home. Actually,

Spoiler

I wanted to get through without time acceleration but it didn't work. A tip for all those who also want to try: stay
above 900,000 km then there are fewer problems.

oyYrPoX.jpg

A few days later the two brave Kerbals carried out another maneuver for 4844 m/s. This will lead them to the planet Gauss in about 8 years.
There the two want to use the gravity of the planet to come home. There are still possibilities to get swing by maneuver at Otho or Tellumo.
However, they had found out that more Swing By maneuvers would extend the flight time.

DF8uHq8.jpg

Greetings

Edited by astroheiko

Darn thing landed safely on first attempt, despite forgetting to add airbrakes. Turns out the Uncertain Future has really good handling in a glide, and a dry stall speed somewhere below 90m/s... Not a single F9 was used throughout the flight.

kHLxplh.jpg

Spun it out on the runway, blaming the tailfins for that. Should be more stable if swapped for some small delta wings with proper control surfaces.

On 5/9/2017 at 1:26 PM, Gh0stReaper said:

I installed mechjeb.

Loved it. Can't live without it anymore.

I rage-quit KSP about 1h after installing it and was going to ask Steam for a refund. Then I found MechJeb and 1000+ hours later I forgot about the refund. IMHO, it should be integrated into the game and selectable in the difficulty settings.

Edited by Kerbital

49 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

I rage-quit KSP about 1h after installing it and was going to ask Steam for a refund. Then I found MechJeb and 1000+ hours later I forgot about the refund. IMHO, it should be integrated into the game and selectable in the difficulty settings.

:cool: MJ makes a wonderful teacher for a game with a steep learning curve. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

@Aragosnat you could check their right click menus to be sure that they're working. Probably what's going on is simply Minmus gravity = horrible rover traction. Even small ones don't get much grip.

Sorry for the late reply. But, yes. They were working when I turned to the left or right. Then the motor went live. But, it is likely it was glitched. As I had that craft loose all 18 k(?) of electricity in a few seconds while turning in space for no reason. Yes.. The motors where turned off.. The wheels when on Kerbin did not use that much juice even with the reaction wheel on.

Had fun getting this into space:

2B06827739B2B8362956A6E91B676DEC059DCEC8

Had a problem with the fairings... They where clam shelled and did not have enough force to push away and acted wiered when trying to push away. They basicly took out the fuel tanks behind the fairing. Should have turned the engine off or made it confette fairings or more then 2 shells... But, thanks to my over engineering the craft within in it. It made its way out of Kerbin's SOI for a solar station contract which is now heading back to Kerbin so I can use it as a Kerbal trasport craft to other places.

Edited by Aragosnat
ops forgot to postwhat I did today

Wrote a kOS script to handle telescope pointing for me. Specifically, it lets me point the telescope at an arbitrary body, and then pan the camera, using either the arrow keys to pan an arcsecond at a time, or "PITCH X" and "YAW X" for a custom number of arcseconds.

I then got it to print out the name of the body closest to where I was pointing at, so I could ID moons without looking at the map.

I found Lilli, a small moon in a close orbit around Tellumo that way (it's a tiny little thing, just poking above the horizon of Tellumo).

BwoSV5D.png

Naturally, I then clicked the "release" button on my telescope, only to find out that that releases whichever camera was installed into the telescope.

Time to send up my third telescope.

w7Jpjlo.png

No update for my mission report tonight: I spent all of tonight writing that script.

I finally got around to uploading my Star Wars Medical Frigate to Kerbal-X

Image may contain: airplane

...and yes the craft file does include a scaled version of the Milennium Falcon as well.  Please note this is just a prop and requires the infinite propellant and orbit hacks to get into space.

- Jett

Edit: A version of the craft is featured in this video as well...

Edited by Jett_Quasar

Finally mustered some drive to play my science game last night. I had to skip my first Gratian and Tellumo windows and go Niven. [Sources] tell me that if I resent a probe to Gratian I'd most definitely lose signal and it could become another carcass in solar orbit. I made the probe bigger and better and happened to send it up on an "Alley-Oop!" SSTO lifter with a big orange for the transfer stage.

But then I sent it to Ceti because I want to science the stuffing out of Ceti while waiting for the Niven window and hopefully unlock better antennae with which I won't need to spam as many on the probe or the Gael relays. I didn't expect to actually play for long so I didn't do any screenshots. :(

Does anyone know of a mod that makes the stock science box collect all science except from (other) science boxes? ...Or am I going to have to get creative with science retrieval?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I finally decided to rescue Jebediah from his 40th year or so of being on the Minmus refuelling station (that I have yet to use). It's his fault (and totally not mine) that he boarded the flight without me knowing until I was already there...

xJYD2Zh.jpg

Also rescued Bob from his 4th year of being in EVA in Kerbin orbit after he too (also not my fault) boarded a mission to Jool he wasn't supposed to be on.

Sent my first (No MJ) satellite to circular orbit around Eve to take some good pictures for me, used Mun to boost my velocity with pretty wasteful maneuvering
Intercept Eve periapsis was something around 300km, stable orbit lasted for 2 seconds New record!!
20170511170609_1.jpg

20170511170100_1.jpg

20170511163547_1.jpg

Edited by Numerlor

Launched my "Fairy" class Lunar recovery shuttle  Eleven Passengers with re-usable nuclear transit section to stay in orbit and be refueled.

NjzSomG.png

ZRI7TZg.pngmLhABAh.png

cxQwiPV.png

Small oops clearing the launch abort system. Thankfully only a few hundred dV remained in the tanks for that stage.

m1MDAIE.png

Saving big .gifs to imgur is sucky they really get grainy

Edited by Bornholio