What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

In an act of rebellion, I smashed my 230 ton plane into the ground to show the planet Kerbin to stop producing gravity.

Didn't work.

Edited by TheKorbinger

Reinstalled GPP, this time 3.2x. I was going to start a career, but I love this texture replacer pack, and I'm wondering if any of you know what it's called so I can download it. I searched, but couldn't find it. Any help? I found it in a mission report called the "KABOOM Kronicle"

gS7gqaG.png

Today I started a Flyby probe. I have several flyby contracts and which I would now like to do them.

D8kIWXP.jpg

The rocket has dropped the probe in a low orbit.

pjsVgZZ.jpg

The first thing I do is a flyby at Iota.

VNaN9q6.jpg

Then Ceti.

yiSa6Tg.jpg

Here I land to refuel.

iTTi94O.jpg

Then we continue to Tahlia.

X6JKrsT.jpg

Also here we make a flyby.

U4npN0B.jpg

Now comes Eta's turn.

RWIe3QZ.jpg

On Eta I land again to refuel. Since I have found a really nice place to land. In the background you can see Thalia.

kW72X8o.jpg

How it goes afterwards I do not know now. These are 4 or 5 contracts. I believe Gauss is the next station ???

I couldn't find any 2,5 m planes, Why not make one? As it turned out swapping one whiplash for vector turned it into SSTO, with proper flying it can get you 1000+ ΔV in LKO
KerbalX
Sorry for posting here so frequently now (2 times in 7 hours) But I expect another burn out so want to share few thing I made

20170511185603_1.jpg
20170511185522_1.jpg

Edited by Numerlor

Welp. Getting ready to send a craft out to Eeloo. First will be my Ore Survayer followed by a 4 in one craft only because I forgot to add the refinery as seen here:34665FFA63BC609893E6955CA78923D692E098EE

The refinery will likely get ahead of this craft dispite being launche 2 hours earilier. IT be getting a gravity assist from the Mün. Will also be picking up the rest of the crew around Minmus as well. Also did find out the rover max tank wheels do work on the craft. But, sadly it was indeed a glitch when I was on Minmus.

The Flying Pig Mk III hit Mach 5.2 (though that ended that test flight when her intakes and wings melted).

She'll reliably hold Mach 4.75. Think I can make her faster, though...

050204466863FA705E0D59584EC9EF11FA69819AD5773C05CC6E140F09922162ECA75C6EDD3FE8585CAAC3312762F16E9AE01CDC153F745146D38C7A1F8E7D2DABC9852EC3326CE39781934274C07C3858DF216DA0BEB6B69744494B525BD9C0981627C7

She's named the Flying Pig for cause, though I've gotten pretty decent at recovering from flat spins...

-Jn-

So I worked on a replica thingy.

bK43zKF.png

RCS is actually necessary, cause there is only 1 reaction wheel!

Edited by qzgy

Finally got to try out OPT's new H & KH series parts, Omicron (flying space car) and a bunch of KSPWheel things. :) I'm in one of my dev space installs where the only mods installed at the time are the ones I'm messing with so I'm on Kerbin.

vaaerR9.jpg

aHd1e9b.jpg

I'm tempted to install a Karbonite filter into Omicron so I can possibly burn this rubber under any sky.

kvp3ysC.jpg

3uvKKhk.jpg

Actually felt FEAR for the first time due to a kraken...

so im in the M1 configuration files wheels wise, editing, chopping and changing things to try and get a suitable land train wheel similar to the one I had pre 1.1 

im having some success, the happiest thing is finding angular drag on a part STILL helps wheels track straight on a train (reduces fishtailing)

but I wasnt happy with this.. I added a minus value to slip value

I loaded up yet unnumbered 4432 her design is mostly of 4429 but the retro air intakes give a nod to the legendary 4408 

AAgPtHP.png

anyway shes destined for the mainline eventually .... although shes followed tradition of the KTP to the letter

y4agHCR.png

1ji3HLQ.png

The train was running on RTGs, accelerating to 30ms nothing was shaking loose at all. a pleasing result.. no fishtailing no sliding.. OLDSKOOL!! YEAH! :)

her nose plate was left on the runway.. somehow.. im yet to understand how or why but it sat there spinning like a coin

then... it happened...

a truss strut stretched across the screen, the camera shook....

and 4432 seemingly decided to do the elcano challenge from the air, refusing to relive the fate of her sister trains on the green unforgiving ground.. 

oddly responsive to RCS sanders and SAS.. yet gravity cheats wernt on at all..

yEaoP8F.png

she found a kraken anti gravity drive

I FELT....FEAR?! in a way that the unknown has never scared me before, an uncomfortable unease.. I didnt like what was happening but still encapsulated in the old elcano challenge mindset, I slowly started to think that the engine herself was rather willing it and I grew annoyed.. although perfectly understanding that if the locomotive herself was even the slightest but clued upto the terrible fate of her sistertrains.. well.. flying away would be a viable option

4432 doesnt know the true meaning of "fight or flight" isnt exactly what it says on the tin :D 

ZioIqow.png

Like any respected galaxy railways train driver, I applied the brake.. in the anime it works perfectly

KSP isnt that anime...

4432 exploded in vapors as each part exploded and her cab. still clinging onto a headlight hit 1000s of MS.. she was having none of this braking business!

RQjKouM.png

soo.. yeah that happened.. I didnt like it.. but I understood why she did it :)

Edited by Overland

Completed my Kerbin-system comm network, with a heavy comsat placed in polar orbit of both Mun and Minmus.

Launched the follow-up to the Von Kerman Space Telescope:  the Wedjat Space Telescope, which saw first light and soon thereafter successfully imaged Dres.

Jebediah made another historic mission with a double rescue, picking up Richmund from a hill-grazingly low orbit of Minmus and then picking up Sonmin, stranded when his lander crashed near the Minmus north pole.  Being Jebediah, he also managed a suborbital hop to an area that needed scientific data coverage, and brought the data and the rescuees home safe.  The lander joined two prior landers at the future site of the Lesser Flats South Bay Base.  (When I have the delta-V available, I've started parking my used Minmus landers there.  I have no long-term plan worked out, but I figure they may be of some future use, scrap if nothing else, rather than crashing them into Minmus when their main mission is done.)

After the succesful 2,5m SSTO I decided to make 3,75m one! They are really easy to make, just slap one big engine, few shiplashes and wings. You're ready to go!
Sudden turning at hypesonic speeds is not advised. My guess of LKO ΔV is somethign around 1750 (It's hard to guess with my flying and no KER)
https://kerbalx.com/crafts/28342/
20170512151252_1.jpg

20170512150615_1.jpg

Edited by Numerlor

so I'm setting up flags for the Kross-Kerbin Invitational! It'll go from the KSC, around the mountains, to the Desert Temple, and finish at the KSC2. You think @Triop's Dakar was hard? Prepare yourselves...

EDIT: I'm 25 flags done and about halfway to the KSC 2. Each stage has 3 flags. The start (Which is also the end of the previous stage), the halfway point (If you stop there I'll punch you), and the finish (Which is the start for the next stage). One more interesting bit? You've got to design a landing craft to get across that little sea thing (You won't be timed on that part)

Edited by DarkOwl57

Decided to do my first ever first person docking with a docking port that wasn't on the nose.

The ship was sent up there to pull off all the now unnecessary radial equipment (rcs, redundant antennae, radial batteries) since the station is one piece instead of several.

I've captured a C-class asteroid that was going to go splat into Kerbin. Unfortunately, the grabber wasn't good for re-entry, so Val and a new hire went up to get Jeb, Bill, and Bob. Preparing for re-entry now... I've decided to aerobrake to avoid any explodey kraken attacks