What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Hello my never-retiring colleques! Hope you all are okay? Oh who am i trying to trick..It is exam weeks, nothing is okay.

(and i also broke my leg, though i am still going to school)

Alright, lets get back to our topic- KSP.

The Stuffy Stuff That Stuffs Stuff: (best explaination of everything i do in KSP)

1. Flight of "Kallibri" shuttle! Small maneuverous shuttle, into the orbit and back to KSC! I am in love with those shuttles! Despite its awesomeness it had a mission- observe debris in orbit around kerbin, i didn't really interscept any piece, though it discovered a large cloud of big parts in sub-orbital trajectory.

jd4u1JC.png w7rgqBR.png

pekEn2C.png PoGW4hS.png

g0HTrDY.png rYeiW4U.png

2. Chance-3  heading back to Kerbin! After a short mission of upgrading munar base "Hydrogen" the crew departs back!

OmVQ3xH.png 8IhqnGw.png

xBBHiu0.png 5Ia9amU.png

3. "Skeleton-3" lands on Minmus, after long time, waiting in orbit, preparing the crew, the mission reached its milestone! Minmus is great at dusk and morning!

YofQEaG.png 8KVzPyh.png

W7NHEUy.png 0DExyvx.png

4. Mk2-R-I (remake-Individia) is put in use! This weirdly designed pod is very manueverable, though it is not its best side...

QxXFt4K.png sW5t1Aq.png

Nl27LKh.png HZrvvcf.png

5. New SSTO! - Ohotnik (eng:hunter). Basicly a very big plane, with a nuke strapped on the tail, but it is KSP after all..

xe5UaTE.png Xow4vKT.png

MLSAVCn.png UUtGhxL.png

c0PI5SZ.png

That is it folk! Got to mention just one thing: You all are awesome! Without support i get on forum!

White Base carrier was selected for Duna mission. While modules for this enterprise are built, designed, and sometimes even tested before launch, White Base went on for shakedown flight around Kerbin moons. Lives of three brave tourists are used to test concept crafts for Duna and Ike landers. As at least one carrier class vessel is required to be on standby in Kerbin orbit, Stellario was launched. Extending on White Base design it greatly extended monopropelant (White Base is forced to fly with monoprop strap-on) storage, switched from problematic 3-way symmetry docking hub to classic 4-way, increased total count of docking ports from 8 to 12 all while increasing raw delta-v from 6k to 7.5k.

Aside of amalgamation of landers and drones White Base got equipped with Spartan class autonomous heatshield module. Due to lack of bow docking port in Stellario discussion erupted about viability of aerobraking in suggested Jool-V mission for this vessel, use of CLAW was rejected as such brutal measures are bound to have negative effect on chastity of ship.

As launch and equipment for White Base and Stellario had noticeable effect on company bank account measures has been taken to guarantee swift return of investment.

Chucked this at Sarnus, where it will later land on Eeloo and build a base.

d5hiK8T.jpg

The thing is totally unmanned, and will have to build a base, bit by bit (via Simple Construction), until said base can reproduce under its own power. Once the base base advances enough, the rover will recycle itself into the base, and the base will build ships to hunt for Karborundum.

However I almost put myself through a 25 minute burn for nothing, because it didn't occur to me to design the base modules beforehand, and had to struggle to make useful base modules under a 600 rocketpart limit. I managed it for the most part, but had to make a robotics arm to link the base to the rover because all of the science labs (which Simple Construction uses to make rocketparts) are too expensive for the aforementioned rocketpart limit.

16 hours ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

This is where you separate simple boneheadedness from true stupidity. You probably already noticed; there are still no parachutes on the vessel. :confused:

Is that even possible?

It happens in real life too

9 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

I just can't stop drewling when looking at your lander, I just love it

I made this before i've seen yours, but in no way it has the refinement of your design, it's absolutely awesome! Now where is that drewling smiley when you need one. :confused:

Thank you very much. Before this Lander I have always put some garbage together - main thing it works. But as I have seen here in the forum the many beautiful things I wanted to have something like that. It does not look like it, but it can land on Tylo and return to orbit.

9 hours ago, Sirad said:

I would like to see this ship getting launched into orbit.

Your wish should be fulfilled. Here you will find a detailed description of the mothership and also some pictures of the launch.

Launch of the mothership

Back to work:

Today there is an update to my Flyby probe. She has refueled and is now on the way to Icarus.

uHq5p99.jpg

During the flyby of Icarus I do not make any maneuvers, I will wait another 5 days to reach Ciroperiapsis. Because I have incredibly good luck and can reach there for about 1740 m/s dV a encounter with Niven. My next goal.

M7II6nY.jpg

After the flyby at Niven I do not know further anymore. Tellumo and Lilli would be the next goal, but I believe the juice goes out.

F1Mbkt9.jpg

After I set the maneuvernode for Tellumo it becomes clearer, it is not enough. I have to make a stopover "at home" to refuel. So I'm planning a maneuver at the Ciroperiapsis for Gael and then an orbit around Iota. Arrived at Gael, I burn an orbit and have again impertinent luck to meet Iota  at the AP without having to make corrections. However, I do not have much more fuel, which could be scarce.

i2x36Qv.jpg

At the PE around Iota I set a maneuver to land immediatly without to burn first an orbit. After the maneuver I still have 290 m/s dV, which becomes tight. And I've got shameless luck again - incredible. 10 m before the touchdown, the fuel goes out and the probe lands with 5m/s, in one piece.

sEVJErT.jpg

After refueling, the probe flies to Tellumo. I do not have to go there yet but I can fly a swingby maneuver and come to Gratian for only 17m/s.

yFB1sKt.jpg

Some 100 days later, I would like to fly a course correction to get a low Periapsis for Gratian. I want to land at Geminus and refuel, as the trip to Otho is to continue. At the same time I put the focus on Otho in map mode and notice that I am after the course correction already to 5 million km with Otho. That can not be true: first I land with the last drop on Iota and I'm lucky that I do not crash, then I get a flyby at Tellumo for just 17m/s for Gratian and now I have a total of just 4m/s to get to Otho. No joke - has really happened so. The probe has a maximum of 7549 m/s dV and now 6030 dV are still left. Most of it I needed to get from Gael to Tellumo. I still have a picture of the Gratian/Otho trajectory.

FM8H0oA.jpg

Greetings

Edited by astroheiko

Yesterday my electric shuttle returned from Moho. Because the shuttle had no parachutes, I had to leave it in LKO. Today I built a ship to retrieve the crew.

Spoiler

crew_recovery_1.jpg

The ship may have been a bit overkill for 4 kerbals.

crew_recovery_2.jpg

I finally found good use for the cargo ramp.

crew_recovery_3.jpg

The ship behaved surprisinly well for its shape during reentry, and soon it splashed safely down in the ocean.

Spoiler

crew_recovery_4.jpg

crew_recovery_5.jpg

Not a lot has been accomplished, mainly cause I broke the universe (and have been "studying" for OSCE's)

Yd8Svvx.jpg 

Soo after fixing the night sky...

I launched an Airship ( @Angel-125 seemed to be having a lot of fun with their parts pack, It does not disappoint!)

Then sent to the Mun the first station outside of LKO, thing required a full saturn V just to get there! (My saturnV can do 150 tonnes LKO or 50tonnes to Mun) 

McXFEkg.jpg

Plenty of room for expansion modules later and planned reusable Munlander (stations needed due to USI's hab limits)

Finally I sent up Gloria (I've named all of my shuttles after women of an older generation (apologies if they are yours as well) )

Gloria is my most advanced shuttle, a Wyvern 3 core, with nervs, what's not to love!!

well other than trying to dock it which was a gluteal pain!!

SQjOmmg.jpg 

Created a Thermal Nuclear Ramjet concorde using KSP Ie and Kerbal Aerospace Plus on my twitch stream.

dknRys6.jpg

Began to lose peripherals at about 1.3km/sec. Going to try to fine tune for even higher speeds by moving external parts into cargo bay. Trying to make a fast way around in atmosphere to biomes and anomalies.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Today I claimed a bit of Kerbin, meet the Krimson Empire:

Zi5Ve26.png

Want to claim your own ?

Then copy this picture, edit in paint, choose your color and name your country. :cool:

Edited by Triop

3 minutes ago, Triop said:

<snip>

Want to claim your own ?

Then copy this picture, edit in paint, choose your color and name your country. :cool:

Might do that tomorrow... Maybe... If I claim something it's probably going to be that secluded little place that nobody really cares about that I have claimed on nonameships. :P

Anyways, I finally got RO working again, and I did an unmanned test launch of a Gemini spacecraft. Stage detachment was a little funny, but things went fine aside from a minor incident with 4x timewarp and a parachute.

8LafnuW.jpg

Also been working on an improvement on my E-24 Line.

2017-05-18%2021-16-59.png

Features 33% more power with corresponding extra rotor blades to convert that power into lift. Should have >136 ton lift capacity, albeit at the cost of a somewhat lower max speed due to drag and slightly lower hover endurance.

With the beginning of XotD looming, I returned to my old practice of recreating craft that nobody has ever bothered to make in KSP.

cHi6yJO.png

The Martin XB-48 was part of the Class of '45, a group of jet bombers first designed in 1945. The other two were the Convair XB-46 and the North American B-45, which ultimately won the production order. Despite this, all three planes were rapidly outclassed by the promising XB-47 Stratojet, which would go on to pave the way for every U.S. Jet bomber since the 1950s (with the possible exception of the B-2).

TRp9GUL.png

Also, yesterday, I built a F-16XL, a unique derivative of the F-16 featuring a cranked arrow wing.

tgessAo.png

I.......

Docked

in the tutorial....

it was the first time.....

i got an erection....

NASA should call me right now....

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hydro Thunder!

All it needs is a set of wheels... And a proper cockpit.

This fiend of a passenger craft cruises at nearly 80m/s in water with just its 3 Goliaths and only needs the OPT engines for enough kick to leap out of the water. Then it glides very well and can splash at about 60m/s. Depending on the angle at impact, it settles, fully intact... I think it's time I start posting to KerbalX again.

QyNmmik.jpg

Qr08Vld.jpg

thBz1VF.jpg

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hydro Thunder!

All it needs is a set of wheels... And a proper cockpit.

This fiend of a passenger craft cruises at nearly 80m/s in water with just its 3 Goliaths and only needs the OPT engines for enough kick to leap out of the water. Then it glides very well and can splash at about 60m/s. Depending on the angle at impact, it settles, fully intact... I think it's time I start posting to KerbalX again.

Boy, Ah say, boy, that there is an Ekranoplan

14 hours ago, Triop said:

Zi5Ve26.png

Want to claim your own ?

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS APPROACHED!

ecHgSuH.png

8 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:
15 hours ago, Triop said:

Zi5Ve26.png

Want to claim your own ?

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS APPROACHED!

ecHgSuH.png

Are you guys playing Risk?

I prefer Axis and Allies myself. :)

(Quick tip: Always be Germany.)

14 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

Are you guys playing Risk?

I prefer Axis and Allies myself. :)

(Quick tip: Always be Germany.)

Nope, we are just making some fictional kerbal nations. Hopefully it can proceed...

Lunchtime.  @CatastrophicFailure Yeah guess that there is some weird FASA plugin for that.  I'll hunt it down if i care too much. @EpicSpaceTroll139 Look FASA!  really is a well done part pack.

Needed a little more science as always.  Because runway has jagged wheel breaking lines in it.  Turf Launch!

h8j8KUf.png

De-Orbit my first sat using RCS. Sideways only since its just four DoF (no linear X translation/Rotation).  At AP i took a die and a wrench and face radial out and used manual key press automation. K Key--> Die-->Wrench  thrust to side.  Didn't work perfect so i two fingered most of the burn.

S3Plt2s.png

"LeroyJenkins II" also burned up on reentry.

CR44BY1.png

Sent my first Kerb into orbit.  374x141km cape Canaveral launched. "BillyBobJoe I&II"  Test Launch and first manned reentry success.  My Kerbs explode on EVA????  not sure why had to give up on that until i trouble shoot the problem.

FtuQ0cI.png

Four hundred science from a Agena based orbiter "BongoBeater I"  First Unmanned Reentry success.

u31j3cE.png

Edited by Bornholio